The Official EOG Super Bowl All-Everything Thread

kane

EOG master
I have never said Mahomes is a fraud. He's the real deal. I hate him but he's the real deal. Same as Lebron. I'm not a dishonest racist pos like raiders. Just a pos thank you.
That's the difference between you and an idiot like raiders, you know he'll stay entrenched in his Josh Allen is better nonsense, at least you can recognize greatness despite your personal feelings, as a Dolphin fan I watched Brady shove it up my ass for two fucking decades, I hated that motherfucker, but I also resprected the hell out of him and think he's the GOAT despite my feeling about him, same thing with Kobe, as a Celtic fan of course I hate anything and everything associated with the Lakers, but I can put my personal feeling aside and say Kobe was one of the best players I've ever seen, for whatever reason guys like raiders can't put their hatred of him aside and just admit the guy's the best QB in football, it's not even debatable, the question now becomes where does he rank among the all timers, and IMO he's right up there with the best to ever play the game, think about this, he's played 6 seasons, and if he retired tomorrow he's a first ballot HOFer, not even Brady had the resume of Mahomes after his first 6 seasons, how many QB's can say they're a HOFer after only playing 6 seasons

Valuist

EOG Master
When I bet the Chiefs at 10/1 (plus 1000) in early December, I specifically recall Buffalo listed at +460. I remember thinking that was whacked. How could Buffalo be half the price of KC?

What's worse than having a bad opinion? Doubling and tripling down on it when it's clear that opinion was wrong.

kane

EOG master
When I bet the Chiefs at 10/1 (plus 1000) in early December, I specifically recall Buffalo listed at +460. I remember thinking that was whacked. How could Buffalo be half the price of KC?

What's worse than having a bad opinion? Doubling and tripling down on it when it's clear that opinion was wrong.
All season the Chiefs didn't seem to be the same team that's been dominant over the past several years, Mahomes and Kelce both had subpar years for them, but maybe they're at the point where the regular season just isn't as important to them as other teams, they know all they have to do is get in the dance and they have the best QB in the league, both Mahomes and Kelce played much better in the playoffs than during the regular season, Kelce was catching everything, and Mahomes had one turnover worthy play all postseason, that was the pick he threw last night

kane

EOG master
KC was prepared for the new OT rules as far back as training camp, SF had some players that had no idea the rules were different in the SB, Andy Reid is a first ballot guy and will go down as one of the greats to ever coach, and unless he wins one, Shanny will go down as the guy who couldn't win the big game

kane

EOG master
Haven't begun my deep dive cap of the game yet, but I can get the better QB, better coach, and better defense +1, it's early but lean Chiefs
This was the first post made in this thread, sometimes it really is that easy, no reason to overthink it

Better QB, yep
Better coach, yep
better defense, yep

Valuist

EOG Master
All season the Chiefs didn't seem to be the same team that's been dominant over the past several years, Mahomes and Kelce both had subpar years for them, but maybe they're at the point where the regular season just isn't as important to them as other teams, they know all they have to do is get in the dance and they have the best QB in the league, both Mahomes and Kelce played much better in the playoffs than during the regular season, Kelce was catching everything, and Mahomes had one turnover worthy play all postseason, that was the pick he threw last night
True, but we've seen this before in other sports. A team who's already won a title recently underwhelms thru the regular season. The potential was always there. For instance, look at how Mahomes ran last night. He could've run like that during the regular season IF he/they chose to. They chose to preserve him, and they were right.

Contrast this to Harbaugh, who goes balls to the wall in exhibition games.

Valuist

EOG Master
The under came in....barely. That would've been a brutal beat. The game never appeared to be going over the entire time of regulation.

kane

EOG master
OMG. I take back my Shanny blameless post. I think he thought game is over if SF touches.
Kyle Jusczek, had no idea what the rules were, he thought if SF scored a TD they won the game, that's inexcusable

kane

EOG master
Multiple San Francisco players said after the game that they were not aware that the overtime rules are different in the playoffs than they are in the regular season, and strategy discussions over how to handle the overtime period did not occur as a team. Defensive lineman Arik Armstead said he learned the details of the postseason rule when it was shown on the Allegiant Stadium jumbotron during a TV timeout after regulation. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk said he assumed the 49ers asked to receive when they won the toss because that’s what you do in the regular season, when a touchdown wins the game. “I guess that’s not the case. I don’t really know the strategy,” Juszczyk said.

Heim

EOG Master
I must admit I was wondering why KC didn't call a TO in first OT late until Romo said the first OT is treated like the 1Q of a game.

The other shit (changes) after the Buffalo/KC debacle should have been known by every staff and player. It was well publicized.

kane

EOG master
I must admit I was wondering why KC didn't call a TO in first OT late until Romo said the first OT is treated like the 1Q of a game.

The other shit (changes) after the Buffalo/KC debacle should have been known by every staff and player.
After the game Mahomes was being interviewed by a former player on the NFL Network, don't know who he was, but he was asking Mahomes about running a play at the end of the quarter, I can't recall exactly what he was saying, I just remember thinking this guy didn't understand the new rule

Heim

EOG Master
Shanahan's game plan was insane. This team dominates time of possession with ball control. Time of possession was about even. I can't believe Purdy had 33 pass attempts after regulation considering SF had the lead most of the game.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That's true freedom of thought.

In theory, this is correct. But in reality, your weakness is their opportunity to advance like a Dick Army. You can't see that, JK? I know you are not a Bible Boy but you won't be spared either. They already put that Devil juice in your arm.

kane

EOG master
Does KC go for it 4th and kunt in their own territory if they got the ball first?
I was thinking the same thing, if KC got the ball first and went for it and didn't make it, you're giving SF the ball at midfield knowing a FG wins the game, we'll never know but I think Reid would have gone for it, but it ended up being a no choice decision instead of having the big man think about it

kane

EOG master
Not a throw but flat. Boso could have ended the game if he was prepared for the flat. When not blocked, stay put. Mahomes would have been dead as fuck.
When they were lining up I was thinking Reid is too smart to have Pacheco bull rush his way in the middle of the line knowing he could get stuffed, I was thinking have Mahomes fake it to Pacheco, roll out with a run/pass option, if there's an open lane, run it, if not, hit Kelce in the flat for a short gain, and that's what they did, very tough play to stop if you're the defense

Heim

EOG Master
lol at ESPN and Chris Berman for gifting Reid and wife In & Out burgers and fries in appreciation for the interview.

blueline

EOG Master
"The Chiefs force OT and then win ... there is nothing that could've been worse," John Murray, executive director of the SuperBook in Las Vegas, told ESPN in a text message Sunday night.

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
Does KC go for it 4th and kunt in their own territory if they got the ball first?
One of the advantages of having the other team go on offense first, is that KC had an easy no-brainer decision to go on fourth and one.
Another advantage is that SF had to make the decision to kick the field goal fourth and (almost) goal from the five. Had they let KC receive first, with the same results, they would’ve known that KC scored a touchdown so they would’ve gone for a touchdown themselves.
A horrible strategy decision to receive the ball first by SF.
Many players on SF said they didn’t know the rule. That’s inexcusable for the coaching staff not to know the rules…but the coaching staff DID know the rules, according to Shanahan, and they made the strategic decision to receive the ball anyway! 😱.
That is even more an excusable than not knowing the rules! They knew the rules and still made the dumbass decision to receive the ball, costing them the Super Bowl.

The main advantage you have by receiving, is that the third possession becomes sudden death. But KC said that if SF scored a touchdown, and if KC answered with a touchdown, they’d go for two points, eliminating that third possession advantage.
I love that!

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The main advantage you have by receiving, is that the third possession becomes sudden death. But KC said that if SF scored a touchdown, and if KC answered with a touchdown, they’d go for two points, eliminating that third possession advantage.
I love that!

Considering they got a XP blocked, clearly SF should have gone for 2 if they scored a TD, a +EV play in itself, and if good, it forces KC to go for two, and if made, they maintain the third possession sudden death advantage.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
NFL defensive teams have not adjusted to offensive teams gambling more on fourth down, especially during a do-or-die possession.

You can't play a conservative shell defense like San Francisco employed in the overtime session against Mahomes and Co.

CBS showed a shot of San Francisco head coach Kyle Shanahan fuming about the careful strategy called by defensive coordinator Steve Wilks.

Of course, Shanahan did not confront Wilks.

Instead, he railed against Wilks to someone listening on Shanahan's headset feed and moments later you could see Wilks mouthing the word, "Okay."

Too late.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
No, Mr. Top. They are already a set piece. Their window may not be closing but it ain't getting wider. They should have won 2 years in a row.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
It's easy to second Guesser. But 2nd and 5 late 4th qtr with a tired KC defense, I run Christian 2X as long as he doesn't lose yards then make a decision on 4th if necessary. 5 yards from the trophy and they had 2 bad pass plays.

Heim

EOG Master
The more I watch the highlights of the SB....the more I think Chris Jones was the true MVP. Very disruptive, caused 4-5 hurries on key downs.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Pass rush was key to stopping San Fag. Purdy was Joe Montana without pressure. He was Gary Danielson with the heat. Last play on offense is a touchdown if he had a clean pocket.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Purdy still blew it. Had Kittle I think underneath. If his instincts were fast enough, Kittle had a chance to go the distance.