The Official EOG Super Bowl All-Everything Thread

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I'm going to have to smack mikey around in my vanity thread. He needs to learn a lesson going after the maga cat.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm not sure what they can do but that OT rule needs to be modified. They've taken the urgency out of the game. Clock doesn't
matter. Sudden death was better.

kane

EOG master
Costas had a good idea, just play a whole quarter, 15 minutes might be too long, so put 10 minutes on the clock and play the game out like it's the fourth quarter, the Chiefs scored at the very end, so in this instance it wouldn't have mattered, but let's say there was a minute left when they scored, then SF gets the ball with a chance to win it, it would also take out the decision of whether to take the ball first, you would always want the ball first in that scenario

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Here is my OT idea. I believe it is unique. Just keep playing if tied after 0:00. Next point wins. Simple but brilliant. Strategy involved which will expose idiots like Coach Shanny. For instance, if you have the ball last in a tie game, no reason to Rush Limbaugh. An idiot like Shanny will kick a fg with 1 second remaining not knowing that the other team has unlimited time to win.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Does my idea for OT sound like something a dimwit would come up with, mikey? Absolutely no manufactured advantage. Both teams have the opportunity to structure possessions and time in the 4th qtr in preparation of let's call it added time instead of overtime.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If you are down 7 and get a touchdown late, you almost have to go for 2. If you don't, other team can end it next drive with unlimited time.

mr merlin

EOG Master
To show the brilliance, try to come up with reasons why it is stupid or unfair. mikey, you can play.
I dont really care about the OT rules, I would prefer they leave it alone for the entire season. it wasn't "unfair" to anyone, SF lost so it's a big deal, if they had won - if they had converted that 3rd down and ran the clock down and scored, people would still be screaming.

kane

EOG master
Travis Kelce, "You win the coin toss, and that's what you get, you have the opportunity to have the advantage, and they handed it right over to us"

Dell Dude

EOG Master
An idiot like Shanny will kick a fg with 1 second remaining not knowing that the other team has unlimited time to win.

Not exactly right. Shanny would kick a 50 yard fg with 1 second left on 1st down of a tie game because he doesn't know the game continues after 0:00.

Heim

EOG Master
Looking at NFL Films Big Game version. Chiefs literally laughing at Shanahan's decision to receive in OT. 49er fullback admits during OT, didn't know opponent gets shot too. WTF are they doing in training camp!?

So naturally somebody has to be the fall guy. Let's pick on the black DC.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Every single playoffs and Super Show, Swifty Show, Shanny makes an epic mistake. 3 Shows now - 1 Atlanta, 2 SF.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I would have given up 20 yards to end the game with an onsides after they went up 19-16. Samantha Powers pooch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
NFL defensive teams have not adjusted to offensive teams gambling more on fourth down, especially during a do-or-die possession.

You can't play a conservative shell defense like San Francisco employed in the overtime session against Mahomes and Co.

CBS showed a shot of San Francisco head coach Kyle Shanahan fuming about the careful strategy called by defensive coordinator Steve Wilks.

Of course, Shanahan did not confront Wilks.

Instead, he railed against Wilks to someone listening on Shanahan's headset feed and moments later you could see Wilks mouthing the word, "Okay."

Too late.

adios Steve Wilks

I knew Shanahan was mad at Wilks, but I didn't know he was THAT mad.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
raiders will say it was all easy passes because of offensive line and receivers. If Mahomes doesn't hit raiders' degree of difficulty which has no ceiling, doesn't count. I hate Mahomes but I hate raiders more because he is psychotically dishonest.

kane

EOG master
raiders will say it was all easy passes because of offensive line and receivers. If Mahomes doesn't hit raiders' degree of difficulty which has no ceiling, doesn't count. I hate Mahomes but I hate raiders more because he is psychotically dishonest.
Raiders once posted that Alex Smith is as good as Mahomes, he said they were the same player, obviously the guy is delusional, no one who knows the game thinks Mahomes is anything but the best in the business,

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Right now he's the be best and he has a chance to reach and pass Brady. No guarantee. Will have to maintain quality of supporting cast and coaching stability but it is scary howid many trophies he could lift.

kane

EOG master
Hey Dell, here's a trivia question for you. Name the QB who averages more yards passing per game than any other QB in the history of the NFL, averaging 296 yards per game. I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with Satrick Zahomes