NCAAF Conference Championship games

mr merlin

EOG Master
The main problem is they completely changed the ranking process to put their chosen team in the finals. During the season there is no chance a undefeated #1 team would fall as far as GA did because of a close loss to a good team, nor would a #8 jump over several teams that also won when they both have the same record.

railbird

EOG Master
The main problem is they completely changed the ranking process to put their chosen team in the finals. During the season there is no chance a undefeated #1 team would fall as far as GA did because of a close loss to a good team, nor would a #8 jump over several teams that also won when they both have the same record.
georgia was a total fraud than had zero buisness being #1 to begin with

homie1975

EOG Addicted
so many "this team would beat this team" etc

what about oregon? they looked like a shoe-in to beat washington last fri night in vegas right?

oops!

the games should be played on the field, not on the field of public opinion.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Alabama, Washington, Texas were evaluated on results, resume

Florida State was evaluated on aesthetics, projection

Convince me I am wrong. Go.

Or convince me this is ok. Go.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Doesn't matter to me as long as Michigan beats Washington and Harbaugh lifts the trophy. Department of Justice ending.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If Alabama was evaluated same way as Florida State, so sorry Saban. You beat Georgia but they had the more impressive season and it just doesn't get you there when they started 1 and you, 8. Georgia is in.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Or so sorry Sarkissian. You beat Alabama and you won your conference but we have determined Georgia and Alabama are better and thus more deserving playoff teams. Have fun in the Cwissy consolation bowl!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Guilty please note. Technically, this helps me. I have 3 Alabama roosters as high as +750. But I got rid of the +3000 and +4000. I will win less by a lot no matter howid much I win if Saban lifts the trophy. Get him Gym!

kane

EOG master
Bullshit if they claim FSU dropped out because of their unimpressive win over Louisville. They won with defense like Michigan. That is just as impressive. That defense is playoff quality and they showed it last 2 games. So that's a lie and it's bullshit.
Spot fucking on, their defense is championship quality, they completely shut down a very good Louisville offense, and if you gave them all of this time off to prepare, who's to say the backup doesn't play great in the playoff games, I would take FSU with Rodemaker at QB on a neutral field over an overrated Washington team who won close games all year

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Spot fucking on, their defense is championship quality, they completely shut down a very good Louisville offense, and if you gave them all of this time off to prepare, who's to say the backup doesn't play great in the playoff games, I would take FSU with Rodemaker at QB on a neutral field over an overrated Washington team who won close games all year

Sorry Kane, one of the few times I must disagree with you…Florida State not the same team without their number one QB…

kane

EOG master
…Florida State not the same team without their number one QB…
I agree that they're not the same team, of course they're not as good without their QB, but if FSU with their backup QB played Washington on a neutral field, I would pick FSU to win that game, the Huskies edge on offense would be negated by the Noles edge on defense, if the committee's task was to get the four best teams in, they failed, Washington isn't a top four team in the country, they're a good team that won a lot of close games, they're a couple of bounces away from having two or three losses, it's just my opinion of course, but I honestly think even without Travis FSU is a better team than Washington

Dell Dude

EOG Master
NCAA is vulnerable. They are begging Congress for help with NIL. Now is the time to strike. Florida State tells the NCAA to fuck off and refuses to play in tainted bowl. Invites Tulane to play for an alternative national championship and also invites the other 3 snubbed teams to make it a playoff. NCAA can't and won't do shit. Let them go to court. Can you say DISCOVERY? They have no carrot and no stick. This isn't the same powerhouse in the 1980's when Bosworth took them on and got pancaked.

kane

EOG master
Still waiting for someone to tell me how Washington gets in over UGA if the goal is to get the four "best" teams

kane

EOG master
Ohio State > Texas
Okay, so put them in instead of Texas, I still don't know why Washington is in, if you think OSU > Texas, then OSU > Washington, I keep hearing how the goal is to get the four best teams in the playoffs, but the four best teams aren't in

kane

EOG master
. Florida State tells the NCAA to fuck off and refuses to play in tainted bowl.
Of course this will never happen, they won't skip out on the huge payday, but it would be fucking amazingly awesome if they did, how great would it be if Norvell's first comment after being snubbed was to tell the committee to go fuck themselves, and they decline the OB spot

kane

EOG master
The Committee: "We can't allow FSU in the playoffs because without their QB they're not one of the four best teams in the country"

So what do they do? They put in a team that isn't one of the four best in the country

LMAO at the corruption

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If Florida State beats Georgia (unlikely but possible) and Harbaugh stomps Saban, Florida State will they will they will get 1st place votes in the final poll. Official or unofficial co-champions. Ironic since the last time it happened also involved Michigan.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Florida State beats Georgia and let's say impressively, 20-10. Same defensive dominance. Michigan beats Alabama easily then stomps Washington (I think it will be them), you have 2 teams with equal claim to the throne.

Heim

EOG Master
I was very surprised Bama was plus money at some books Saturday night. No way they were not in
after beating UGA.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
Okay, so put them in instead of Texas, I still don't know why Washington is in, if you think OSU > Texas, then OSU > Washington, I keep hearing how the goal is to get the four best teams in the playoffs, but the four best teams aren't in
What do you think the goal should be?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I not only think Washington is a legitimate playoff team, I think they beat Texas. They beat Oregon twice. That's it. That's the post. I know what happened with the other games but they beat Oregon twice. Only team that compares is Michigan beating Penn State and Ohio State. No other team has 2 wins over playoff caliber teams. They have to be legit to beat Oregon twice or Oregon is a lie and I don't think they are a lie. Texas is a lie. They beat Alabama when Alabama was Arkansas and lost to Oklahomo.

I think it will be Michigan vs Washington for the natty.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
I not only think Washington is a legitimate playoff team, I think they beat Texas. They beat Oregon twice. That's it. That's the post. I know what happened with the other games but they beat Oregon twice. Only team that compares is Michigan beating Penn State and Ohio State. No other team has 2 wins over playoff caliber teams. They have to be legit to beat Oregon twice or Oregon is a lie and I don't think they are a lie. Texas is a lie. They beat Alabama when Alabama was Arkansas and lost to Oklahomo.

I think it will be Michigan vs Washington for the natty.
Texas wins the whole thing. They are goign to shit down hardballs throat in the final.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
And I will be betting Florida State because that defense plus motivation makes them worth the risk.
I thumped noles +14 already and market just keeps telling me to eat shit. Will wait now but I still think this closes closer to 10.