NCAAF Conference Championship games

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
At least you are giving Hairballs a win over Saban.
Yeah I like Mich, jsut like texas more lol. Don't like Bama this year. Everybody sees that Crimson uniform and assumes they are just great. They are usually correct but this year they are getting tainted by Bama and Georgia's uniforms IMO. Neither pass the eye test to me.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
One more thing. Washington was forced to beat Oregon twice but Michigan only had to beat Ohio State once. Michigan shouldn't be penalized for that. Not their fault. But it shows howid broken and retarded conference championships. Oregon had a 2nd chance Ohio State didn't have. Michigan benefited. So these teams were up against it:

Georgia
Washington

These teams had bunnies:

Michigan
Texas

Cost Georgia and Ohio State.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
In my opinion. Based on everything. This should have been the playoff:

1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Georgia
4 Florida State

As much as I wanted Ohio State and think they deserved it, can't penalize Georgia and can't bounce Florida State.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Alabama doesn't make it even though they won for the same reason Iowa wouldn't have made it. Too far behind.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Alabama doesn't make it even though they won for the same reason Iowa wouldn't have made it. Too far behind.
I see cases for bama but I see more for FSU, texas and very very samll for oh st. . I would have thought mich 1 wash 2 fsu 3 and texas bama geo fighting for 4 with me giving Tex the nod though I could live with any of the 3.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
The msot rediculous part of fsu not getting in was the fact that they were 4 going into this week. Why are they 4 last week if we are penalizing them for no qb and STYLE points or wtf ever else. So they are 4, a team in front of them goes down, they win holding a top 20 offense to 2 fgs and they go to 5? That math doesnt work lol.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is a little bit too she's perfect. Direct hit. A little bit too script perfect that is.

The first scenario they discussed is an undefeated Big Ten champion, an undefeated ACC Champion in Florida State and an undefeated Pac-12 champion in Washington, with one playoff spot remaining for either a Big 12 champion Texas, an SEC champion Alabama (one loss, lost to Texas) or Georgia (one loss, to Alabama, in that scenario).

howid

EOG Dedicated
importing blueline post from the sagarin thread ...

COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2023 through results of 2023 DECEMBER 2 SATURDAY - WEEK #14

1 Michigan
2 Oregon
3 Ohio State
4 Texas
5 Penn State
6 Alabama
7 Georgia
8 Oklahoma
9 Washington
10 Florida State

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sagarin's first ranking to be developed is now called "Predictor", more accurate than the "Blended" quoted above.

It is still very flawed (two loss Oregon is #1 (Sagarin highly values blowout wins), two loss Penn State #3 (55 SOS) in what world ???), but not a bad estimate.

Rank Team SOS-rank
1 Oregon 25
2 Michigan 56
3 Penn State 55
4 Ohio State 36
5 Texas 4

6 Oklahoma 19
7 Washington 5
8 Notre Dame 63
9 Alabama 12
10 Georgia 46

11 Kansas State 11
12 Florida State 61

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Lot of anti-SEC anger has built up through the years in college football, understandable.

When 5 different teams from the same conference have won it 13 times in the last 17 years it's going to build up.

I remember how much I hated Michael Jordan, fucker seemed to never lose.

They don't BOO nobodies as Reggie was quoted as saying (after getting his ass boo'd).

Kind of nice to see undefeated clowns getting some good press - Liberty, EasterBunny, FSU, Globetrotters.....

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'd take Zona over FSU, that's for sure.

Instead of using an injury as a rally point to make their mark on the committee........

Do as little as possible, barely win, then run to the world crying the rules need to be changed.

Can't just blame FSU, more a societal thing these days to do little and whine a lot.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going................ (right to social media to cry about being a victim).

This has been the BEST year of college football in my life! May the crying never end!! :) :)

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I have two options, few will like either -

1 - Make all conferences uniform, all 10 teams. Too many of these conference championship games are decided by teams who dodged other teams.

2 - do away with the BCS all together, places more emphasis on the bowls. The title isn’t a NCAA sanctioned game. The media is deciding it now, may as well go back to that model. Remember the college presidents speak fondly about traditions. Just wait until we get a season when Ohio St and Michigan sit players out so they can be healthy for their rematch in the B18 title game (no divisions next season). If these smaller schools had balls, they would pull out. These big schools need them, their little guy doesn’t have a chance. Looking at FSU, they don’t either.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This year's bowls will be the worse and worse ever. Ohio State's entire team plus Day are entering the portal. In Day's case, NFL portal.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
And I love Bama over Michigan. Probably the best qb Mich has faced all year, most team speed also.

I like Bama too. Every time I've seen that QB it looks like he's getting better and better.

And you're right, overall team speed is always a concern when Big-10 plays a good SEC team.

Also they aren't going to out-physical Bama like they do some of their regular opponents.

The other game I actually like FSU and the 14 points. Already bet it expecting it to go down?

Biggest reason I just don't think Georgia is going to give a damn about the game.......

I think FSU will care. They would love to win and be undefeated so they will really have a case for being mistreated.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I like Bama too. Every time I've seen that QB it looks like he's getting better and better.

And you're right, overall team speed is always a concern when Big-10 plays a good SEC team.

Also they aren't going to out-physical Bama like they do some of their regular opponents.

The other game I actually like FSU and the 14 points. Already bet it expecting it to go down?

Biggest reason I just don't think Georgia is going to give a damn about the game.......

I think FSU will care. They would love to win and be undefeated so they will really have a case for being mistreated.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have two options, few will like either -

1 - Make all conferences uniform, all 10 teams. Too many of these conference championship games are decided by teams who dodged other teams.

2 - do away with the BCS all together, places more emphasis on the bowls. The title isn’t a NCAA sanctioned game. The media is deciding it now, may as well go back to that model. Remember the college presidents speak fondly about traditions. Just wait until we get a season when Ohio St and Michigan sit players out so they can be healthy for their rematch in the B18 title game (no divisions next season). If these smaller schools had balls, they would pull out. These big schools need them, their little guy doesn’t have a chance. Looking at FSU, they don’t either.

Not to bad but it's to late. NCAA and college football in a death spiral. If we could go back in time, keep original conferences, no portal, no NIL, no nothing. Original bowls. Top 2 ranked teams play the natty the night before Super Show. Epic weekend of championship football. Doesn't matter now. Long gone.

Oh and no conference championships. Just a regular round robin schedule where everybody plays everybody.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Michigan is on a BET mission this year, Patrick. I know firsthand when I bet against them twice. Harbaugh lifts the trophy. We will have official or unofficial co-champions. Somehow this will fuck me with my Michigan roosters.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
If Michigan and Florida State win, absolute co-champions. You can't deny Florida State. The QB excuse goes away.

howid

EOG Dedicated
Michigan is on a BET mission this year, Patrick. I know firsthand when I bet against them twice. Harbaugh lifts the trophy. We will have official or unofficial co-champions. Somehow this will fuck me with my Michigan roosters.

winner of CFP final is the champ, period. nothing can take it away ...

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If Michigan and Florida State win, absolute co-champions. You can't deny Florida State. The QB excuse goes away.

Agree on that, yeah the QB thing is no longer a factor. We can't hold that against FSU if they win now.

I don't think they will be co-champs though. If Michigan wins out you and your roosters are good.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

FSU will definitely care, the concern is who is playing and who is sitting out for greener pastures. Looking at the Georgia angle - it seems like teams that lost their championship and cost them a playoff spot were good fades.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Fla St ranked ahead of Georgia by committee, yet they are a 2 touchdown underdog against them, lol.
Georgia would be favored over any team in the tournament.