NCAAF Conference Championship games

Heim

EOG Master
This is a great example of why bookmakers don't have any input into the CFB playoff selections. They obviously try to balance the money bet on each side, so many times they are out of whack with the actual result of the matchup.

True, but it doesn't stop coaches like Saban last year, pointing out they'd be favored over every team considered if best team is the criteria.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
If you want to be in the play-offs then look like one of the 4 best teams in the nation.

BTW I could be wrong but not sure ATS is a big consideration for the committee.

They looked like shit against a pathetic 5-7 Gator team and struggled mightily against a team Kentucky rolled on the road the week before.
Even without a Jordan Travis they lost to injury? I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. You're not always going to have your best performance due to injuries, rust due to their opposition in the regular season motivated. During the regular season for the most part it was about winning for the most part retaining your eligibility to be in position. ACC is a power conference and because Ohio St lost, FSU still won ugly and moved back into the top 4. Yes they looked ugly against Louisville but they did what was needed, yet still penalized.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Nobody can make the case that Washington and Texas are better than Georgia. You can make the case with Ohio State but if you're being honest, you will agree Ohio State is better. The shit selection committee selectively used be best for Alabama then resume for Washington and Texas. To top it off, they paired Michigan against Alabama which is the real national championship.

Good job everyone.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Booger on fire. He said why TCU last year but Alabama this year? Much cleaner last year. 1 loss vs 2 and TCU not only not impressive in conference championship. They lost!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is 2 sides of the football. Winning by defense just as impressive as scoring 50 points. Michigan won the same way Florida State won against a non elite team.

Heim

EOG Master
Nobody can make the case that Washington and Texas are better than Georgia. You can make the case with Ohio State but if you're being honest, you will agree Ohio State is better. The shit selection committee selectively used be best for Alabama then resume for Washington and Texas. To top it off, they paired Michigan against Alabama which is the real national championship.

Good job everyone.

Makes sense, do you think they want a team in the midst of a cheating scandal winning the whole thing?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
My initial thought. Screw Harbaugh. Again, last year. They purposely miss seeded to avoid Michigan vs Ohio State. This time to make it Michigan vs Alabama. Everything is corrupt.

railbird

EOG Master

Good job everyone.
georgia is a fraud

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yes they looked ugly against Louisville but they did what was needed, yet still penalized.

Disagree Jimmy.

I don't think they did what was needed in regards to showing they were a national championship contender.

And no, I don't think they were penalized. They won and thus are ACC Conference Champions!!

Ask any player, that's huge! That's quite a reward for beating Louisville. The win was far from meaningless.

The Jets entire season and expectations changed when Rodgers went down, the expectations for the CrimiNoles did the same when Travis went down.

Sucks but injuries are part of the game and in this case as stated part of the evaluation process.

FSU proved they were pretty much a 1-man team the last few weeks of the season and were treated accordingly.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I wouldn't have a problem if they went all the way either way. They went half and half.
I kind of agree. You either put Bama and Georgia in, make it clear you really want the 4 best teams.....

Or leave them both out and go with this sunshine and lollipops approach to do what most people want to see.

Heim

EOG Master
I think the real difference betweenFSU and Wash is the PAC 12 is a better conference. What I hate about these expanded conferences is who you don’t play matters also. There really wasn’t a second power conference team in the ACC.

PAC 12 was real good early, not so much late with the exception of Arizona that improved immensely. You look a UW, they were all out most of their wins in conference. They're lucky they have the two signature wins over Ducks.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Disagree Jimmy.

I don't think they did what was needed in regards to showing they were a national championship contender.

And no, I don't think they were penalized. They won and thus are ACC Conference Champions!!

Ask any player, that's huge! That's quite a reward for beating Louisville. The win was far from meaningless.

The Jets entire season and expectations changed when Rodgers went down, the expectations for the CrimiNoles did the same when Travis went down.

Sucks but injuries are part of the game and in this case as stated part of the evaluation process.

FSU proved they were pretty much a 1-man team the last few weeks of the season and were treated accordingly.
Ok so you tell me to what significance is being an undefeated power 5 conference champion? Hey congrats Semjnoles, you won the ACC and we're undefeated. However, 2 teams in even stronger conferences that had better power ratings than yours won their conference championships, but they each had one loss. What was accomplished? They move up the spot they need heading into the conference championships, only to win that championship game needed, remain undefeated with a 97% chance of qualifying, and lose our to two one loss teams.

No consideration whatsoever. I'd syre as hell feel cheated and the defamation of purpose. If I'm Glenn or Travis, I'd immediately say let Liberty play. Punishmsnt for all but assurance of keeping their CFP hopes alive.You don't play in December in January for consolation prizes. Look at Georgia, how many weeks were they in the top 2 and took their first loss. Unfortunately there were a ton of undefeated, and in fair circumstance couldn't be taken out after running the table all season.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Ok so you tell me to what significance is being an undefeated power 5 conference champion?

I respect your opinion but just went through this with Kane, not going to keep repeating myself.

You don't want Travis being out to hurt FSU in pursuit of a national championship but it does count.

It has always counted and always will count according to the committee. It's like going to the track, current form is what counts.

If you think a star QB out shouldn't be held against a team being evaluated where does it end?

At what point do you stop thinking about where they were and where they are now?

What if the plane goes down and a school would have to suit up 4th stringers and walk-on players?

A little extreme but the point is they are trying to get the 4 best teams in as of now and clearly FSU is not one of those.

I agree with their decision on FSU, you do not. We can agree to disagree. Good luck today.

Heim

EOG Master
If it is the best you have to include Ohio St and Georgia with Bama & Michigan. The committee intimates best but never the case.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
id pick michigan and oregon

Oh a team that got rolled twice by Washington and another who cheated all year.

You probably rooted for the Houston Astros too didn't you?

I could put you at QB and pick 9 other guys off this forum and be one of the toughest teams the Ducks played this year.

When they played better than that they got spanked.

Thanks Rail, now what does Matt think?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If it is the best you have to include Ohio St and Georgia with Bama & Michigan. The committee intimates best but never the case.

I would have no issue with that whatsoever. Looks pretty close to me.....

I might keep Washington over OSU but pretty much spot on, I wouldn't bitch either way.

asportsguy

EOG Veteran
Georgia should have never should have play the SEC chanplship game.

Georgia says hey we are 12-0 #1 in the country we here to win a National Championship. NOT NOT an sec championship.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Everything is so fucked up, az guy. So so sofa king. There shouldn't even be conferences. There really aren't conferences. They have destroyed conferences beyond recognition and memory. Conference champions aren't even legit because of uneven divisions and no round robin. Have a GD week where all the contenders play. That won't solve everything but better than Georgia playing fucking Alabama while Texas plays fucking Gundy. And they get rewarded for that?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Michigan should have played Ohio State again. Fuck you. They should have played them again or not have a championship game. Iowa is the 4th best team in the B10 and that means 4th best in the west division.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And I don't give a shit about the rules. Have a spot extra playoff game the week after Army/Navy. They can do it. Everybody will agree. Decide it on the field.

kane

EOG master
Yet you want them included as the 4 best in the hunt for a national championship?

You see the irony in this, right?
Nothing ironic about it Pat, him wanting to fade FSU in their bowl has nothing to do with him thinking they should have gotten a playoff spot, it has everything to do with him wanting to fade a team that just got their collective hearts ripped out, and now instead of preparing for a playoff game, they instead will have to play a "meaningless" bowl game, and might have a hard time getting up for it, I can totally see where he's coming from

kane

EOG master
BTW, I'm sure Jimmy isn't the only one wanting to fade FSU now that they're out of the playoff picture, I don't know what I'm doing with them, but I can understand the FSU auto fade