NCAAF Conference Championship games

kane

EOG master
Okay, as a consolation prize the committee put the Noles in the Orange Bowl against UGA, the fact that they're playing UGA could keep their attention, the ironic part is they're matched against a team that could be equally disinterested since they're not in the playoffs either

kane

EOG master
If it is the best you have to include Ohio St and Georgia with Bama & Michigan. The committee intimates best but never the case.
Not sure I would take OSU over Texas, but I agree with your overall point, don't tell me the objective is to get the 4 best teams, but leave out UGA

blueline

EOG Master
they can still have an undefeated season....they are facing a big- name opponent...see who opts out if any

homie1975

EOG Addicted
They played two games without him, a win and cover in Florida, and a win and cover last night against Louisville, I'm sorry they didn't run up the score or win by blowouts, but when you're undefeated you don't need style points like what Texas did yesterday, when you're undefeated you just need to win, Washington went undefeated, they had wins by 7, 3, 8,9, 7,2,3 and 3, but winning close games doesn't matter when you win all of them, and BTW I'm a Miami fan who fucking hates FSU so fuck them if they get screwed, but fair is fair, and going undefeated in a power 5 conference has to mean something
haha who cares about "covering" the spread? the lines were super low because JT was OUT

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
BTW, I'm sure Jimmy isn't the only one wanting to fade FSU now that they're out of the playoff picture, I can understand the FSU auto fade

Yeah you guys are probably right, only difference is I thought they were a good fade whether in the playoffs or not.

I agree with your assessments though that FSU lacks the moxey to pick themselves off the floor after a tough call.

Another reason the committee got it right.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I don't want to speak for Kane, correct me if I'm wrong on your position.

He knows the committee's role is to select the 4 best teams......

He knows that injuries are part of the evaluation process......

He knows with Travis out they aren't close to being one of the 4 best teams......

He just thinks they should get it anyway so the team isn't upset.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
they can still have an undefeated season....they are facing a big- name opponent...see who opts out if any

I have to agree. If you have a single hair on your ass and you're outraged over what happened you come out guns blazing!!

You take no prisoners! There is no bigger reason to show the world who you are. Champions look for these opportunities!

So yeah I agree with Kane and Jimmy, we should expect a gutless FSU team to lay down with their knees up in the air.........

Easier to get boned that way AND keep the sand out of your vagina at the same time.

We move on.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
True, but it doesn't stop coaches like Saban last year, pointing out they'd be favored over every team considered if best team is the criteria.
The SEC Paul Finebaum Fanatics eat that up also.

I do think Bama beats Michigan. It’s easily the best qb they have faced all year.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
it does not matter what happens in the GA v FSU matchup.

it does not validate or invalidate they decisions they CFP committee made or did not.

i agree 1000% with Rece Davis on this. in fact, that argument irks him.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I Would Have Asked Corrigan/ CFB Commish:

IF IOWA BEAT MICHIGAN IN THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, WOULD THEY HAVE GONE TO THE PLAYOFFS ?

IF NO, Then That Would Have Validated my Argument That, Winning a Power 5 Conference Championship Game Does Not Guarantee Entry into the Playoffs.

Florida St. Didn't Make it, because their starting QB Wouldn't be playing.

IOWA Would not have Had any Injury Argument.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Michigan vs Florida State
Alabama vs Ohio State
Washington vs Georgia
Texas vs Oregon

All problems solved.
The only problem with this is that when Georgia and Bama both get beat in the 1st rd the sec lovers wont ahve anythign left to complain about.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
BTW, I'm sure Jimmy isn't the only one wanting to fade FSU now that they're out of the playoff picture, I don't know what I'm doing with them, but I can understand the FSU auto fade
Theyb will be an auto play by gametime.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Is it my wild imagination or was it general consensus that before the Texas game, Florida State only had to win and in. The final spot was between Texas, Alabama and Georgia. Then on a Mockingbird dime, everybody started repeating the same script. Texas is in and the final spot was between Florida State, Alabama and Georgia with Florida State not guaranteed with a win.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That bothers me and 2 other things. They did not accurately rank Florida State the week before. Everybody would have known the reality. Florida State needed help even with a win. Georgia ranked safe but they weren't. The other thing is they used different criteria for Alabama and Texas. Alabama, be best. Texas, resume. I would boycott if I was FSU coach or at least threaten until the selection committee sit down and answer every question.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Bullshit if they claim FSU dropped out because of their unimpressive win over Louisville. They won with defense like Michigan. That is just as impressive. That defense is playoff quality and they showed it last 2 games. So that's a lie and it's bullshit.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And you have Alabama's embarrassing meme quality win over Auburn who lost to New Mexico State the week before.