2009 College Football Notebook

Re: 2009 College Football Notebook

Looks like another profit making card Clover. Like your plan on the Cal and Georgia games, getting on both of these myself and leaning to the under on the Cal game. Georgia I absolutely love this week between the hedges !! Can't pull the trigger on the Tide this week guys, don't know if I can either to tell you the truth, but damn I sure want to !! Got down on S. Fla already for some early action, think its a solid bet. Good luck to all you guy's down in B'ham, y'all cash'um this week :cheers

Bamafats..................................................................

If you are going to take a total in the USC-Cal game, the under is certainly the play. These two do not score many points against each other, as 17-3, 24-17 and 23-9 in the past 3 years will attest to. USC won all 3 games, and has covered 3 out of the last 4 overall, and 3 out of the last 4 at Berkeley. This will be a grind it out ball control type of game. Defense is the key for both teams.

Why doesn't UAB just give up football. That crowd they have drawn for the Southern Miss game is disgusting. I doubt if they got 10,000 people there. We get more people for high school games out here. That school and their fans do not deserve a football team. I say disband it. It has to be a huge money burner. Totally and absolutely disgusting. The team is worthless, and obviously the fans could care less. DISBAND this team. What an embarrassment for the State of Alabama.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

OLE MISS at VANDERBILT
The Commodores managed a 23-17 win at Ole Miss a year ago, but this year; they've
scored only 12 points in two conference games. If Mississippi loses this one, all hell
will break loose in Oxford.

GEORGIA TECH at MISSISSIPPI STATE
After getting blitzed on the ground by Auburn, MSU has allowed only 63 rushing yards in its last two games. Tech's lone loss came to Miami. I look for State to play hard at home against a good Yellow Jacket team.

ARKANSAS at TEXAS A&M
Arkansas leads the Southeastern Conference in passing offense, but is poor in most everything else. However, A&M has rolled up its nice record with wins over powerhouses such as New Mexico, Utah State and UAB. Remember this name. Tommy
Tubberville!!

MICHIGAN at MICHIGAN STATE
Never understood why this game was not played at the end of the season. This should be an offense rich game. Michigan State leads the Big Ten in passing offense and total offense, while Michigan is tops in rushing offense and scoring. I like State in this one.

FLORIDA STATE at BOSTON COLLEGE
Boston College is at home, but the Eagles 3-1 record isn't as impressive as it might be on first glance. The wins came over Northeastern, Kent State and Wake Forest. Florida State got their clocks cleaned last week by South Florida. This may be the most important game of the season for the Seminoles.

OKLAHOMA at MIAMI
This should be a head knocker. Sooners coach Bob Stoops said this week that Heisman Trophy quarterback Sam Bradford (shoulder) won't start, but he didn't rule out allowing him to play. However, Oklahoma has scored 109 points in backup Landry Jones' two starts behind center.

BOISE STATE at CAL-DAVIS
As sad as it is to admit about the fifth ranked Broncos, this might not be even one of the two weakest games on their schedule. They also play Nevada and San Jose State. Name the score.

LSU at GEORGIA
Neither team plays good defense. LSU is ninthin the league in total defense, while Georgia is 11th. The Dawgs won this matchup last year 52-38. I like them to also win this year.

ALABAMA at KENTUCKY
Bama leads the series 24-2-1 with the only losses coming in 1922 and 1997. The Cats have a lackluster offense, and it's likely they'll look even worse against a defense that's ranked No. 2 against the run and in total yards allowed. The Tide should roll but I took the points and Cats in this one. Reasons have been explained in Notebook.

AUBURN at TENNESSEE
This used to be one of the best rivalries in the Southeastern Conference. This year, both teams have plenty of stakes when they play Saturday night. Auburn (4-0) need this one to help prove that it actually has a decent team. The Tigers's schedule so far wouldn't scare much of anybody. The Vols (2-2) need a good win in what could turn into a rough year. Auburn is third in the nation in total offense, while Tennessee is eighth in total defense. Of bigger concern, however, is that the Vols are fifth in the nation in rushing, while the Tigers are No. 82 in stopping the run. Look forward to watching this one. This game may just go down to the final seconds to determine a winner.

SOUTHERN Cal at CALIFORNIA
Oregon rolled up 524 yards in total offense, smothered Cal's potent offense and stunned the Bears 42-3 last week. Call me crazy but I like the Bears in this one.

USC destroy's Cal. It looks like the Haloween game at Oregon may decide the Pac 10 Champ. Next week, Oregon pays a visit to Pasadenae week for the SEC1 on a future. The line will be closer to -7. Huge week for the SEC next week. LSU hosts Florida and Mississippi host's 'Bama. Tennessee hosts Georgia in the battle for 3rd (South Carolina is 2nd in the SEC LEast).

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Bd, obviously Cal is not ready to challenge for the Pac 10. Seems to be a pattern with
this team.

Kudos to Miami. Just when I thought Oklahoma was ready to make a strong run they
get knocked off.

Finished up 5-4 for the week. Not great but kept head above water. Looking forward
to this weeks games and as you pointed out, there are some good ones in the SEC.

Alabama is the best team in the SEC right now. This could be a special team if the
injury situation doesn't claim key players.

What do ou think about playing Tebow on Saturday. It is widely known that the Doctors have been ordered to clear him. Urban said just about as much, by saying that he "expects" Tebow to start on Saturday, despite the fact that Tebow can not watch T.V., read, or look into any type of direct lighting.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

HARRIS POLL
Just sent my rankings in for Bigdaddy's
weekly poll thread and after comparing the different polls came up with this opinion. When the Harris Interactive college football poll began in 2005, organizers swore it would be different. The voting board wouldn't include just reporters (like the Associated Press) or coaches (like USA Today). Instead, the Harris poll would use former coaches, players, administrators and current and former media. Conferences would nominate voters, and the poll wouldn't begin until the season was about four weeks old. However, the Harris poll spits out pretty much the same rankings as the AP and USA Today's coaches, especially at the top. All three polls had the same teams in the same order in the top seven last week. And this week, there is only one difference: The AP and USA Today coaches rankings have Virginia Tech fifth and Boise State sixth, while the Harris voters have those two teams flip flopped. So much for something different. My top 5 sent to BD were 1. Alabama 2. Texas 3. Florida 4. Virginia Tech 5. LSU.

Quotes:
"I don't know if it was excessive for the moment....I didn't think we went crazy."
Georgia coach Mark Richt addressing the controversial penalty against Green.

"We were talking about him, before and after. He was a big motivator for us...Stafon knew we were on a mission tonight." Southern Cal QB Matt Barkley after the Trojans dedicated a victory over Cal to teammate Stafon Johnson, who was injured in a freak weight room accident.

"It's our time. We are back. We are still The U." Miami linebacker Jordan Futch after the win over Oklahoma. Apparently he forgot last week when Virginia Tech said, "U not."

"It was a blast. We haven't had enough fun." UTEP coach Mike Price, whose team scored 41 second-half points and stunned Houston 58-41.

*Back to the Georgia celebration penalty against LSU that may have cost them the game. I personally hate the showboating, but officials need to use some common sense. That was just a bad, stupid call. On the other hand, Coach Bear Bryant use to tell his players if they thought a touchdown would be the last one they ever scored, then go ahead and celebrate...otherwise, get your ass back on the sideline and celebrate with your teammates and get ready to score another one.

PAC 10
Don't look now, but the Pac-10 leader is Stanford. Hide the kids Lucy!! By the way, why isn't Toby Gerhart getting any love from the press?

CALIFORNIA
I thought this was going to be a team that would challenge for the league title. How does a team with the best running back in the country go from national title dark horse to getting outscored 76-6 in two straight weeks? Amazing!

FLORIDA STATE
Jimbo Fisher may now be the Noles coach-in-the-waiting to waiting-on-the-hot- seat. This trend of naming a head coach two or three years before the actual coach retires is ridicules. FSU is a perfect example. Anyone who doesn't think there's problems on that coaching staff needs to do some research. Bad, bad idea.

VIRGINIA
Did Al Groh save his job with the upset of North Carolina? Probably not unless he wins a bunch more games. How in the hell does North Carolina let Virginia beat them? It's college football and got to love it.

SOUTHERN MISS
Starting quarterback Austin Davis will miss the rest of the season after tearing a ligament in his left foot against UAB. It was originally thought Davis hurt his foot or ankle when he went down early in the fourth quarter of the 30-17 loss Thursday night. The injury bug is killing SM with their top runner and receiver hurt.

TEXAS TECH
Quarterback Taylor Potts has been released from a Lubbock, hospital after being injured Saturday following two sacks by New Mexico before halftime. The Lubbock Avalanche Journal reported Sunday that Potts had a concussion.

ALABAMA at MISSISSIPPI
Bama is still ranked second in the nation in total defense, but it has dropped six spots to No. 14 in total offense. The Tide is allowing 222.2 yards per game. Only Florida (212.7) is better. Ole Miss is ranked No.18 in total defense (277.7). Alabama has dropped two spots to No. 4 in rushing defense (64.4 yards per game). Ole Miss is ranked No. 13 (159.7). In scoring defense, Bama is still ranked No. 13, allowing 14.4 points per game. Ole Miss is ranked sixth (10.7). Offensively, Alabama has averaged 462.8 yards per game. Ole Miss is ranked No. 51 in total offense (381.8). The Tide is still ranked No. 10 in rushing offense (228.2 yards per game). Ole Miss is ranked No. 42 (182.7). Alabama has dropped 15 spots to No. 48 in passing offense (234.6 yards per game). Ole Miss is ranked No. 79 (190.7). Bama is ranked eight is scoring (40 ppg). Ole Miss is ranked No. 31 at (32.5).

NOTRE DAME
My friend (IrishTim) is probably smiling today. His favorite quarterback (Jimmy Clausen) passed for 422 yards and a two touchdowns in a thrilling victory against Washington. Yeah Tim, he's in the Heisman watch.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Great information here clover. Your posts are always informative and helpful. Glad to see you mention JC. Made 2 bad decisions all game, the lateral pass on 3rd and long to Armando that was missed and taken the other way for 6, and a forced pass in the red zone to Rudolph when he should've checked down to Golden for the 1st down. His INT was unlucky as it was a good pass that just bounced off of the RBs hands and into the defense. Michael Floyd's absence is readily apparent in the red zone, as ND had to kick 5 FGs. ND would move the ball beautifully until about the 7 yard line and then stall without their big WR to go up and make a play on a fade ball. The game that's been circled all year is coming up in 2 weeks.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

What do ou think about playing Tebow on Saturday. It is widely known that the Doctors have been ordered to clear him. Urban said just about as much, by saying that he "expects" Tebow to start on Saturday, despite the fact that Tebow can not watch T.V., read, or look into any type of direct lighting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4533636

Looks like he's out but line hasn't really changed. Looks like the oddsmakers knew.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Good info Tim.

I would bet 5-2 he plays. Tebow would have a fit if they tried to hold him out.

Brantley is the best backup in the SEC if he is needed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4533636

Looks like he's out but line hasn't really changed. Looks like the oddsmakers knew.

It didn't say he was out for the game... Meyer said "he would not practice today and was not cleared by the doctors." So line probably won't change until an actual final decision is made.
News good on Tebow
Special to Gatorsports.com

Published: Monday, October 5, 2009 at 1:18 p.m.
<!-- /PUBDATE -->The news is good for Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, who is recovering from a concussion suffered in the win over Kentucky on Sept. 26.

<!--
AC =
--><!-- GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT--><!-- /GRAY BOX ARTICLE CONTENT-->?Tim looks a lot better,? Florida coach Urban Meyer said at his weekly news conference Monday. ?I think he?s symptom-free. His headache has been gone for several days now. He won?t practice today. He has not been cleared by the doctors.
?He continues to work with our doctors and training staff. Other than that, I don?t know. It?s day-to-day.?

It is no secret that Tebow is going to play, concussion or no concussion. Everyone and his mother knows that the Florida medical staff has been OREDERED to clear him to play. It is just a matter of time. Florida is just orchestrating an excuse in case he gets severaly injured on Saturday Night. NO ONE can fully recover from a blow like that in two weeks.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

FLORIDA
Quarterback Tim Tebow has returned to practice on a limited basis, though he still has not been cleared to play in Saturday's game against No. 4 LSU. Tebow was in full pads yesterday and wearing a red non-contact jersey, which is normal for a quarterback. He was taking snaps with the first team offense and throwing passes. Anyone doubt the dude will not play?

LSU
There's no chance of getting a ticket to the game this Saturday, unless you want to pay a scalper. Reportedly tickets being sold now for the matchup of No. 1 Florida and No. 4 LSU are going for as much as $2,200. But LSU has a deal for anyone willing to cough up big bucks for the game. The school is auctioning off a chance for the winning bidder and a guest to not only see the game, but take part in some of the team traditions like the walk down Victory Hill and running out of the chute onto the field. Sports information director Michael Bonnette says the opening bid was for $12,000. If any of you guys want to make a bid...go to LSUauction.net.

KENTUCKY
The Cats could be without its two starting cornerbacks when the team travels to play South Carolina on Saturday. According to a statement from the athletics department, all-conference cornerback Trevard Lindley will miss the game because of an ankle injury he suffered during last week's loss to Alabama. The other starter, Paul Warford, could not finish practice yesterday and is day-to-day as he recovers from a strained quadricep muscle. Wonder if the Ole Ball Coach knows about Kentucky's corner situation. Yeah, he knows....you can BET he knows.

OLE MISS
The Rebel practices are completely closed this week. It's the first time Houston Nutt has gone to this extreme in his two years in Oxford. Usually reporters are allowed to watch the first 30 minutes of practice.

Jevan Snead, received plenty of hype before the season started. After four games the hype is beginning to fade to worry. Snead's completion percentage is just a touch more than 50 percent (54 of 105) and his nine touchdown passes are countered by five interceptions. The low point came at South Carolina, a 7 for 21 night against a defense that had surrendered 41 points to Georgia two weeks earlier. Some backlash from the Ole Miss faithful with some calling him overrated.

TENNESSEE
Head coach Lane Kiffin said he noticed some improvements with Jonathan Crompton when the senior quarterback operated out of the shotgun, but the coach wasn't ready to make that UT's primary formation. "Once again, you can go to that and all of a sudden you've got this great defensive line rushing you, knowing that your run game's limited in the shotgun. There's always good things to it, and there's things that get you out of rhythm as far as being a run offense; because now, all of a sudden, your fullback's off the field, and you don't have as many runs to go to," Kiffin said.

ALABAMA
Bama's offense continues to be well balanced through five games. The Tide has passed for 1,173 yards and has rushed for 1,141 yards. If Alabama can continue to do both things well, it will keep teams off balance. The nice thing going for the Tide is that there are a number of players contributing and making plays.

AUBURN
The Tigers are fifth in the nation in scoring, but offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn wants more. Auburn scored all five times in the red zone against Tennessee last Saturday, but three of them were field goals and Malzahn wants touchdowns. The Tigers have scored on 16 of their 17 trips into the red zone this season. Seven of the scores were touchdowns.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Hoffa, my personal bets ($200 each) in college football are 32-27. Not great but started off the first two weeks losing. Muleriders pool our money and are doing nicely in college but struggling some with NFL. They made me stop posting NFL picks because some of the old bastards are superstitious. I enjoy the old buzzards and we have lots of fun. Keeps us all busy and usually make a little money on the side.

The Florida-LSU line is going crazy. Yesterday, it went from -9.5 all the way down to -6, then back up to -8, before it finally settled on -7.5. This is a gamblers dream. If Tebow is cleared to play today, look for the line to jump back to 10 or so. If not, it will dive back to 6. The people who will make the killings are the people who middled this game. The books do not like seeing this type of movement because they open themselves up to middles.

USC WR Ronald Johnson is back practicing with the club and should be ready for next week's Notre Dame game. He was expected to be the #1 WR, but broke his collarbone before the season started. USC is off this week, as are the Irish.

Florida State is still looking for a solution to the Bowden problem. It appears that Bobby still think that he can win a NC next year, and win the ACC this year. Aparently Florida State is thinking of allowing Bowden to return next year as the figurehead "head coach", but stripping him of most of his powers and giving them to Jimbo Fisher. What is unclear is if Fisher will be allowed to fire most of Bowdens staff, something that is a guarantee with Fisher takes over.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Bigdaddy, really a messy situation down there in Tallahassee. If they lose this week, the wolves will be out in force.

From what I'm hearing, Bowden is only a figurehead coach right now. That's probably part of the problem. He did some great things at FSU during his career and its sad to see him going out this way. Damn shame.

The problem is that Fisher is 4th in the pecking order, and wants to fire everyone ahead of him (except Bowden, ofcourse). Your "head coach in waiting" can not be 4th in line. Fisher hates Andrews and Amato and will fire them as soon as he takes over. Therein lies the problem.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

I agree, a house divided will not stand. Look at Auburn last year. Alabama had the
same problem a few years ago under Mike Debose.

Just my opinion, but the best thing for Florida State right now is to have Bobby retire.
He is not going to fire Mickey Andrews and can't fire Fisher, so what changes for next season?

Exactly. You and I are in total agreement. I think Bowden is in denial. If he really thinks that Florida State can contend for a NC with the mess that their coaching staff is in, he really should seek help. Perhaps he is a bit senile. He certainly has lost touch with reality.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Wk 1 (6-8)
Wk 2 (7-8)
Wk 3 (9-6)
Wk 4 (5-1)
Wk 5 (5-4)

Wk 6 Plays:

Missouri +3 (Thur)
Alabama -6
Florida -8
Arizona -3
Marshall -4
Utah -7 (bou .5)
South Carolina -9 (bou .5)

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

FLORIDA and TIM TEBOW
The culture of football is to brush off injuries and get back on the field. But much more is known about concussions than just a couple years ago. Players who hurry back or suffer multiple concussions risk serious brain injury as early as their 40s. Tebow, who suffered his concussion September 26, returned to practice on Tuesday, but hasn't been cleared for contact. Florida coach Urban Meyer said yesterday he would err on the side of caution on whether to play Tebow even if he is medically cleared. Meyer noted the crowd noise at LSU could be a factor for Tebow. "If the noise bothers Tim, he won't be in the game," Meyer said. "It means he's still symptomatic.

If Tebow is not allowed to play, John Brantley will get the nod. It would be his first career start, but he has an impressive set of credentials. He is regarded as the heir apparent to Tebow. Brantley starred at Trinity Catholic in Ocala, Florida, right down the road from Gainesville. He earned U.S. Army All-America status and was the 2006 Gatorade National Player of the Year. Just how good was Brantley in high school? He threw 99 touchdown passes, 41 in each of his final two seasons to pass Tebow on Florida's all time list. I took Florida minus 8 knowing Tebow might not play. Brantley would start for most SEC teams this season.

GEORGIA
Running back Caleb King fractured his jaw in Saturday's loss to LSU. He also sustained a concussion in the hit. Richard Samuel will start at running back Saturday against Tennessee.

TOMMY TUBERVILLE
The former Auburn head coach use to always praise his opponents leading up to a game. Now that he's a football analyst, he's not shying away from his opinions on games. Tuberville said yesterday on a Birmingham sports radio show that Auburn will beat Arkansas by three touchdowns. He said Arkansas's defense was so bad it couldn't stop a cold. Bet the Auburn coaches love this pressure.

GATOR BOWL
The Gator Bowl will join the SEC bowl lineup beginning in the 2010 season, giving the SEC three New Year's Day matchups against the Big Ten in Florida. The SEC hasn't been to the Gator since 1994. The Gator will have no lower than the sixth pick in the SEC over the next four years. Meanwhile, the Independence Bowl is out of the SEC bowl lineup after 15 years as a partner. The Independence appears headed toward an ACC-Mountain West pairing.

GAME OF THE YEAR
Someone explain to me what the hell that means?

Game of the Year is an expression coined by the touts to push a play that they want to sell. They soon expanded that to Game of the Month, Game of the Week, (Pick your Conference) Game of the Year, of the Month, etc..Wanna be posters who think they have to impress everyone use these phrases to show how important they want you to think that they are. In other words, posters who have no clue and want the world to think they know what they are talking about use this. These are the guys who rarely, if ever, actually wager, and if they do, they wager very little.

Florida is going to play the childish "game time decision" with Tebow. We all know what the decision is. Look for both he and Brantley to see action.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

DITTO UNIT PLAYS!!!!!!

There's a contest going on with 20 pro-con-cappers. Jim Fiest, Mark Lawrence, etc...
These guys give out a GOY every other play. Going into this weeks plays, ONLY TWO
have winning records. The contest pays $15,000 to the winner and these cons who give out 25 unit and GOY and GOM and GOBS can't even give out 50% winners.

You pretty much nailed it Bd.

karmaisreal

EOG Enthusiast

Wk 1 (6-8)
Wk 2 (7-8)
Wk 3 (9-6)
Wk 4 (5-1)
Wk 5 (5-4)

Wk 6 Plays:

Missouri +3 (Thur)
Alabama -6
Florida -8
Arizona -3
Marshall -4
Utah -7 (bou .5)
South Carolina -9 (bou .5)

Clover - appreciate the plays. Are you surprised Bama is down to 5 now? I thought the line would head higher if anything.

I remember the year Mark Lawrence won the Stardust Contest with 53%. It was an elimination contest. He won one elimination round by going 2-4-1. I went 5-2 that week, and my picks were aired on the radio. That was back in 2005. He and his opponent, "Big Al" (forgot his last name) both picked Cal over USC as their pick of the week. This was based on Cal getting 18.5 points, and on the fact that USC had cost Cal a perfect regular season the year before. I kept telling them that USC was much the better team. USC won 35-10, with Cal's TD coming with a minute left to play.

I have personally known a lot of these touts for years now. Obviously they do not play most of the games that they pick. The two who have succeeded the most (Lawrence and Steele) have oved on to publications which make them a lot of money. Steele is not actively picking games,or involved with his publications, but has a very good group of employees who "shop" for their picks. If you notice, many of these guys will join forces today, something that was taboo just 5 yers ago. Feist works for both Lawrence and Don Best's group.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Mr. K, Ole Miss has had this game circled since last year. They had rather beat Bama than any other team on their schedule. They will play hard, no doubt. The Mississippi quarterback is going to have to play better than he has for them to win this game. Bama's defense will get after you. Anything can happen, but usually the best team wins and Alabama is the better team.

Any SEC team can beat another on a given day. Bama is just to good on defense in my opinion.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

ALABAMA at MISSISSIPPI
No. 3 Alabama hasn't scored less than 34 points this year, but here's guessing that will end tomorrow. The Crimson Tide will play at No. 20 Ole Miss, which has an underrated defense. The Rebels haven't given up more than 16 points in a game this year and they're allowing an average of only 10.8 a game, which beats Alabama's 14.4. The Crimson Tide slipped past Ole Miss at home a year ago 24-20, and this one isn't at Bryant-Denny Stadium. When Ole Miss was the hot team to pick high in preseason rankings, their supporters pointed to the fact that the Rebels would play SEC West rivals Alabama and LSU at home. That's a nice advantage to have, but it won't be enough Saturday. I'll take Bama in a low scoring game 23-13.

AUBURN at ARKANSAS
I'm fully convinced I could pull 11 players out of the local high school team and put together an offense that could score against the Razorback defense. Auburn has its own problems on defense, but the Tigers do possess an offense that's No. 5 in the nation in rushing yards, total yards and points. Should be some points scored in this one.

FLORIDA at LSU
Regardless of Tebow's status, the Gators have enough weapons to win no matter who is at quarterback as long as Tebow or backup John Brantley cut down on the mistakes. LSU ranks last in the SEC in total offense, although keep in mind that quarterback Jordan Jefferson has managed an attack that has made only four turnovers all year. It's worth noting that four of the six computer rankings the Bowl Championship Series uses have LSU as the No. 1 team in the nation. One ranking system has Florida at the top, and the sixth system hasn't begun its rankings yet. Florida by two scores.

GEORGIA TECH at FLORIDA STATE
The schedule hasn't been easy for FSU, which might be in its last year under legendary head coach Bobby Bowden. The Seminoles have fallen to Miami (3-0), South Florida (5-0), and Boston College (4-1) and have beaten BYU (4-1) and Jacksonville State (3-2) of the Football Championship Subdivision. It's good For FSU that it's at home Saturday. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Noles win this one.

GEORGIA at TENNESSEE
When Lane Kiffin gets a decent quarterback on campus, the Vols will have a decent team. Georgia has a decent quarterback in Joe Cox, but the Bulldogs have provided almost no running game to give him support. Georgia hasn't beaten a Tennessee team that put together a winning season since 2003. Flip a coin in this one.

MICHIGAN at IOWA
A mediocre schedule has helped Michigan and freshman quarterback Tate Forcier, who must face the Big Ten's top rated pass defense in Iowa. I like Iowa by two scores in this one.

KENTUCKY at SOUTH CAROLINA
The last time South Carolina lost to Kentucky was in 1999 when Lou Holtz went 0-11. The Cats will play without both of their starting cornerbacks. South Carolina has Bama on deck but should handled the Cats without any problem. I'm guessing something like 25-12.

HOUSTON at MISSISSIPPI STATE
Houston leads the nation in total offense and passing offense, but the Cougars do everything else poorly. I'm taking the Bulldogs in a high scoring affair.

IOWA STATE at KANSAS
While Gene Chizik's Auburn squad rolls with a 5-0 record, his old team is doing well, too. Iowa State already has one more road victory than it did during Chizik's two seasons there when the Cyclones failed to win away from home. They won't win this road game either.

VANDERBILT at ARMY
These two teams haven't played since 1991 when Vanderbilt won 41-10. Army has dropped 10 straight against Football Bowl Subdivision teams. Vandy should take this one in what should be a good battle.

GetThat$$$

EOG Veteran

good luck this week. i like the vols myself, ive just had this feeling about georgia all yr where they are getting way too much props. no moreno, and no stafford, yet people still expected them to be the same team. not saying cox isnt going to be decent but i dont think they are there yet.

i dont want to end up eating my words but i love bc too. maybe even for the shocker upset ha ha

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

adding:

Iowa -8
Miss St -2.5

Side note: Did you know Urban Meyer has cashed 15 out of 18 times after an open
date?

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

$200 per game. Lines from The Greek.

NFL Wk 1 - Wk 4 (No post)

Week 5 plays:

401 Minnesota -10

404 Kansas City +9

406 Carolina -4

408 Phil/TB Under 42

411 Cleveland +6

GL

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Hey, BD, great call on Oregon State. I was having a good day so I rolled some 20% of the winnings over to the OSU game on your opinion. Thanks for the winner.

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

IrishMAN, I personally like you because you are a good kid. It's easy to pick out
dumbheads and good kids. But..................................

GodAlmighty, we are watching Fla/LSU and yelling like crazy at Urban for not playing
Brantley. Then the yelling turned toward you after some of the guys saw your post.

20% of winnings on one game. BULLSHIT...LOSER....NEVER, EVER!!!

Florida could pass all day on LSU, Tebow is not up to par. The belt they put on him
in the first half hurt the team. I love Tebow and what he has done...but, he was better as a sophomore. Brantley could have picked LSU apart.

20% our ass....come on Bud, you are a smart kid.