Who is 'Royalfan' ? Does he ever give out a pick or just tell everyone how wonderful

Re: Who is 'Royalfan' ? Does he ever give out a pick or just tell everyone how wonderful

what if one of you fcukers dies? what happens to this play? i'm assuming it's most important that royal remain alive as he's making the plays. is there a minimum sides and totals or can this be all props?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated
Re: Who is 'Royalfan' ? Does he ever give out a pick or just tell everyone how wonderful

oh ok. Of course not. I say we send shrink the coin

Might want to send it to four or so different people. Wasn't long ago me and shrink were about to fight in central park. Still don't know the whole story about how he left the RX and started this but might be enough to why away, although I think he is probably okay.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

what if one of you fcukers dies? what happens to this play? i'm assuming it's most important that royal remain alive as he's making the plays. is there a minimum sides and totals or can this be all props?

It won't be all props anyway, far from it. I play all kinds of shit. The limit situation puts a good handle on that anyway, IMO.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

Teaz... If I should pass. Please donate my loot to NAACP...

so royal puts up 20 dimes, the others put up 30 dimes between them and winner or winners take all? royal wins 200 units at whatever the unit amount is (100 per 200 per or 50 per) and he stands to take home between 50 to 70 thousand if he's capable of doing this?

this correct? seems to be to me.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

this correct? seems to be to me.

Yeah essentially correct, especially if 100 is the amount. Dollar for dollar. Wont profit the whole amount though obviously, just half and maybe the interest if we can get it in such a place.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

RF. Let shrink or whoever put it in a CD or money market account. 40k can earn 10% and add 4k to the pot.

WVU

EOG Master

Might want to send it to four or so different people. Wasn't long ago me and shrink were about to fight in central park. Still don't know the whole story about how he left the RX and started this but might be enough to why away, although I think he is probably okay.

Haha. That thread was funny. Royalfan are you sure you want to do this? If you win the bet you will be the hero of the year, but if you don't you are likely to be exposed for being a blowhard.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Haha. That thread was funny. Royalfan are you sure you want to do this? If you win the bet you will be the hero of the year, but if you don't you are likely to be exposed for being a blowhard.

I honestly don't care about that. I know what I have done, that is all that matters to me. The biggest obstacle, partially due to your actions, is finding a safe place for the jack. Shouldn't be a problem if we put our heads together.

WVU

EOG Master

RF. Let shrink or whoever put it in a CD or money market account. 40k can earn 10% and add 4k to the pot.

40k is not getting 10%. That isn't as easy as it looks though becasue of the tax implications for Shrink

Yes essentially winning 40 grand. I have done this 7 years in a row, but am somewhat limited here as I can't put 3 or 4 grand on a lock husker basketball game for this, nor can my "weights" be distributed like I typically do it, due to large units. So it is possible, although unlikely that I win much more than that in real life but come up short for this contest. Chance I am willing to take though.

For what it's worth, I think it's real shitty that you can't post a 3k bet that you actually place and have it actually count in the contest. I thought the point of this was to see if you're really a winning sports bettor, and those plays are a part of your bottom line.

I understand why it'd be difficult to incorporate these rare large plays into the rules, but I think all parties should make an effort to try to do so. It'd make the results of the challenge a more realistic portrayal of your sports betting ability.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

40k is not getting 10%. That isn't as easy as it looks though becasue of the tax implications for Shrink

True... was typing without thinking... You are right... It will get 4% or so. + will have to pay tax.

what is the min/max wager that's allowed? he can't put 10 units on a wager?

WVU

EOG Master

For what it's worth, I think it's real shitty that you can't post a 3k bet that you actually place and have it actually count in the contest. I thought the point of this was to see if you're really a winning sports bettor, and those plays are a part of your bottom line.

I understand why it'd be difficult to incorporate these rare large plays into the rules, but I think all parties should make an effort to try to do so.

stop fucking up our action.
:LMAO

seriously though, we can't give him a shot to find a big play and have a coin flip shot at getting to +200. What if he found a book willing to take a 20k bet?

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEER....

stop fucking up our action.
:LMAO

seriously though, we can't give him a shot to find a big play and have a coin flip shot at getting to +200. What if he found a book willing to take a 20k bet?

I'm just saying, the way I see it is the point of the challenge is to find out if royalfan is as sharp as he makes himself out to be. So if each year he's found a few plays that he's unloaded on and that have contributed significantly to his bottom line, I don't think it's fair that he can't use these plays in the challenge even though he's making them in real $ wagers.

I just think that if we're truly trying to find out how sharp he is, these plays must be accounted for. Maybe throw in a rule like he's allowed five 15-unit plays for the entire year, something like that. He said it's very rare that he makes plays much larger than the rest, so I think something like that would cover it and still make the challenge fair for all parties involved.

Again, I just think that it'd give us a more accurate depiction of royalfan's ability and how much he makes per year. Just my opinion.

WVU

EOG Master

I'm just saying, the way I see it is the point of the challenge is to find out if royalfan is as sharp as he makes himself out to be. So if each year he's found a few plays that he's unloaded on and that have contributed significantly to his bottom line, I don't think it's fair that he can't use these plays in the challenge even though he's making them in real $ wagers.

I just think that if we're truly trying to find out how sharp he is, these plays must be accounted for. Maybe throw in a rule like he's allowed five 15-unit plays for the entire year, something like that. He said it's very rare that he makes plays much larger than the rest, so I think something like that would cover it and still make the challenge fair for all parties involved.

Again, I just think that it'd give us a more accurate depiction of royalfan's ability and how much he makes per year. Just my opinion.

In the real world he doesn't get a 40k bonus for getting to +200. That will alter the way he plays this challenge so allowing it wouldnt make this any more realistic. You may be trying to see how sharp he is, we are trying to double our money.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

If he does this then he should bet the loot he says he is betting. Gambling has pressure.

You bet 10 bucks and say its 5 units is much easier then putting 500 on a game.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

both good points and reasons why it shouldn't probably be allowed. Can be used to advantage too easily if needed the last week. That concern typically won't be an issue Dirty. I don't make a living doing this by playing ten dollar plays, however the strategy of the contest may allow for this at times. Might not need to lose real money late in the contest, if it is close, things like that.

WVU

EOG Master

Odds of this really going down is holding steady with the no at -990

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Odds of this really going down is holding steady with the no at -990

Half the obstacle is ironing out the rules, which is close to have finally happened. The other part is going to be finding someone or some place that I am comfortable sending 20k to that you guys agree to. Lot easier for you to trust someone with your 5k than me for 20k.

In the real world he doesn't get a 40k bonus for getting to +200. That will alter the way he plays this challenge so allowing it wouldnt make this any more realistic. You may be trying to see how sharp he is, we are trying to double our money.

But the reason this whole challenge even came about wasn't because you all were trying to find a way to double your money; it was to find out how sharp he is.

If he does this then he should bet the loot he says he is betting. Gambling has pressure.

You bet 10 bucks and say its 5 units is much easier then putting 500 on a game.

I agree...I actually think the challenge should just be for him to hit a certain $, but I think it'd be impossible to make something like that fair to the parties betting against him.

I was just offering a suggestion to make this challenge a more accurate depiction of royalfan's ability, which was the original intent of this whole thing in the first place that's all. The final decision on the rules rests with you guys, obviously. I was just saying.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

RF. that's the biggest road block. I just can't see you shipping 20k to someone to hold for a year. I would not feel comfortable doing it...

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

RF. that the biggest road block. I just can't see you shipping 20k to someone to hold for a year. I would not feel comfortable doing it...

It can be worked out. Some place like poker stars or something. Just brainstorming out loud.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Or possibly 1 grand to 20 different people. Something like that. Where if a stiff goes down, it doesn't go down for the whole amount.

WVU

EOG Master

RF. that's the biggest road block. I just can't see you shipping 20k to someone to hold for a year. I would not feel comfortable doing it...

Maybe he can find 3 other believers in his ability to pony up 5k for his side.

:+textinb3

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

It can be worked out. Some place like poker stars or something. Just brainstorming out loud.

How so? How can we set it up that someone does not withdrawl all the cash and roll out...

I know how I am. I rather lose 1k then get robbed for 200... For some reason that shit just angers the fawk out of me... I don't want to have to shank someone with a filed thoothbrush... Ask Raj about that. Im nasty with the shank...

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Maybe he can find 3 other believers in his ability to pony up 5k for his side.

:+textinb3

That wouldn't be a problem if I wanted. My brother won 1.3 million and knows I win.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

How so? How can we set it up that someone does not withdrawl all the cash and roll out...

I know how I am. I rather lose 1k then get robbed for 200... For some reason that shit just angers the fawk out of me... I don't want to have to shank someone with a filed thoothbrush... Ask Raj about that. Im nasty with the shank...

Same way here boss. Stiffs and scammers make me sick.

WVU

EOG Master

Or possibly 1 grand to 20 different people. Something like that. Where if a stiff goes down, it doesn't go down for the whole amount.

way too complicated. You can have Wil hold half and Shrink the other half

WVU

EOG Master

That wouldn't be a problem if I wanted. My brother won 1.3 million and knows I win.

I know he won that big Tourney. have him post here and tell us he thinks you will win this. I doubt he is that naive to believe you are on the right side

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

way too complicated. You can have Wil hold half and Shrink the other half

If I am willing to ship to 10-20 different places, you guys can work it out to do 2-4 each without much trouble I would imagine, if you guys want to do this. Probably can find a better option though, but that is a good backup option.

oldirtyku

EOG Veteran

I am worried about telling others about your plays. If you get hot, Raj and Dsethi will bother the fawk out of me... j/k

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I know he won that big Tourney. have him post here and tell us he thinks you will win this. I doubt he is that naive to believe you are on the right side

I give him ten percent of my action whenever we watch games together.

WVU

EOG Master

I give him ten percent of my action whenever we watch games together.

I wish he posted here. Didnt he post across the street for a while?

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

I wish he posted here. Didnt he post across the street for a while?

Not too much, a little here and there. More on pocket fives and poker boards.