Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

felonee

EOG Veteran
Re: Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

I have always been of the opinoin that because there is no objective "under the influence" test for pot (i.e. breathalyzer for alcohol) that it would never be legalized for driving safety concerns. (please do not post that you drive better after smoking pot, because even if you do, a lot of people don't)

I have changed that opinoin within the last year and believe pot will be legal sometime within the next 25 years, based on inroads which I would not have believed possible 20 years ago...made through the state medical marijuana laws... eventually, the majority of people will have tried pot and found it to be fairly harmless.

It was legal....old george washington and tom jefferson....made a killing on it too...plus some cancer suffers use it everyday....

Kosar I don't think I will see it in my day...but you never know...

could boost the economy...:smoking2:

ole havin is a virginia beach kid....damn he was good in HS.

It was legal....old george washington and tom jefferson....made a killing on it too...plus some cancer suffers use it everyday....

Kosar I don't think I will see it in my day...but you never know...

Yeah, for medicinal purposes it's a different story but there aren't enough stoners like sweded to create the enormous groundswell of support that would be needed for legalizing it for the general public.

I have always been of the opinoin that because there is no objective "under the influence" test for pot (i.e. breathalyzer for alcohol) that it would never be legalized for driving safety concerns. (please do not post that you drive better after smoking pot, because even if you do, a lot of people don't)

That's actually always been a concern of mine with legalization, Felonee. While some people say they drive better high than drunk (and I'm one of them), like you said; that's not the case with everyone. As much as I don't want a bunch of people driving around baked out of their minds....I don't want to get pulled over for speeding or something and get busted for DUI because I test positive for THC either.

I have changed that opinoin within the last year and believe pot will be legal sometime within the next 25 years, based on inroads which I would not have believed possible 20 years ago...made through the state medical marijuana laws... eventually, the majority of people will have tried pot and found it to be fairly harmless.

I agree. I think that the more people start using it for medical reasons, the more people will realize it's not nearly as harmful as others make it out to be. I'm glad, at least, that they've started legalizing it for medicinal use. It's the only thing that made my Aunt's final months bearable...thought it was not legal when she was using it. I firmly believe that way more people already smoke it than the general public believes.

Kosar, why do you feel the need to resort to name calling? We both know you're smart enough to make your case without it. Though, you really haven't made a case, just spoken your opinions as if they are fact. Hey, you're entitled to them, but the fact is. There's no way you can state something that may or may not happen in the future as fact, so why put others down if they don't agree?

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

You know, I was actually didn't have a problem with you until this post. You guys are really funny, you know. I smoke pot so I must be stuffing my face with Cheetos? How witty and original. You can sit on your high horses all day long. Being judgemental and ignorant seems to have worked for you so far, so have at it.

as much as it pains me to know i'm now on your bad side, i do feel the need to correct you and tell you that i'm not ignorant. nor that being judgemental necessarily means something negative. you can try and frame my being judgemental as a bad thing, but that's only because you disagree with me. the truth is that you're still arguing this point like an 18yr-old pothead would and me and tim's attempt to set you straight was awkwardly cast aside as "yeah, well you don't know me!" in a very Maury/Jerry Springer-esque rebuttal of the facts.

as for the cheetos joke; it was dying to be said. it was all in good fun; i love me some cheetos, and i've never smoked an ounce of pot in my life.

sorry you've smoked too much weed to be able to argue the point rationally and with objectivity.

as much as it pains me to know i'm now on your bad side, i do feel the need to correct you and tell you that i'm not ignorant. nor that being judgemental necessarily means something negative. you can try and frame my being judgemental as a bad thing, but that's only because you disagree with me.

No, it's because you came right out with the "stupid pothead" comments. I find that ignorant. I also find it judgemental in a bad way for you to assume that because I smoke pot I am some sort of loser, or that I stuff my face with Cheetos. IMO, making rude assumptions like that is being judgemental..and I really don't think it's ever a good thing to judge someone you don't even know.

the truth is that you're still arguing this point like an 18yr-old pothead would and me and tim's attempt to set you straight was awkwardly cast aside as "yeah, well you don't know me!" in a very Maury/Jerry Springer-esque rebuttal of the facts.

Some of my posts may have been juvenile, but I thought maybe the people in the thread would be able to tell what was joking and what was serious. If you didn't, oh well. I didn't set aside any of your so-called "facts" by saying you don't know me. I pointed out that neither of you know me when you started calling names and making assumpitons about who I am. I don't see how that is wrong. You don't know me, so calling me a stoner or a pothead is just plain rude.

as for the cheetos joke; it was dying to be said. it was all in good fun; i love me some cheetos, and i've never smoked an ounce of pot in my life.

It was in good fun to Tim at my expense. And you're calling me immature? Wow. I've smoked many ounces of pot and I can't stand Cheetos....what's your point?

sorry you've smoked too much weed to be able to argue the point rationally and with objectivity.

I'm able. When it's worth it. I'm not the only person on this side of this little debate, yet I'm the only one being attacked. Classic.

Kosar, why do you feel the need to resort to name calling? We both know you're smart enough to make your case without it. Though, you really haven't made a case, just spoken your opinions as if they are fact. Hey, you're entitled to them, but the fact is. There's no way you can state something that may or may not happen in the future as fact, so why put others down if they don't agree?

I didn't call you any names. 'Stoner' isn't a 'name', it's an affectionate term for those that frequently indulge in the bud.

I didn't call you any names. 'Stoner' isn't a 'name', it's an affectionate term for those that frequently indulge in the bud.

Says who? I've only heard it used in a derogatory way.

Well now you've heard it used in an affectionate way.

Well, if that's how you really meant it, Kosar, I apologize for snapping. 12io4j2w90

What's say I make it up to you with a fatty once it's legal? :devil:

:+textinb3

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

lol. calling someone who smokes weed every single night a "pothead" = calling names/offensive/juvenille/rude/all of the above, according to sweded.

sweded, if you can't see the hilarity in your posts, you're simply furthering my point that "pothead" is a fitting label for you.

you smoke weed every night. you admit that. ask the next 10 people you meet on the street if they'd say someone who smokes weed every night is a pothead and at least 8 of them will say yes. the other 2 probably smoke themselves and are faced with the same inability to label themselves properly as potheads as you have.

i've never called you a loser, or stupid, and my cheetos comment was clearly made in jest and a version of the "potheads get the munchies" joke that's been told by so many millions of people that it's just a part of common culture.

you're overly defensive because you're in denial that you're a pothead.

i'm a degenerate gambler. i can admit it. i get shit from all sorts of people for it. i choose not to quit, but at least i can admit what i am. your still resisting you're pothead label in a manner similiar to, i say again, a guest on jerry springer would. it's kind of sad.

Well, if that's how you really meant it, Kosar, I apologize for snapping.

What's say I make it up to you with a fatty once it's legal?

Well of course that's how I meant it, it seems like it would have been obvious.

I'll take a pass on sharing a fatty. First of all, pot tends to make my heart race for some reason so I only smoke 2 or 3 times a year.

Secondly, you're a bit unstable.

lol. calling someone who smokes weed every single night a "pothead" = calling names/offensive/juvenille/rude/all of the above, according to sweded.

sweded, if you can't see the hilarity in your posts, you're simply furthering my point that "pothead" is a fitting label for you.

It's offensive and rude to call anyone you don't know names. You took ONE fact about me and labeled me becasue of it. That's wrong.

you smoke weed every night. you admit that. ask the next 10 people you meet on the street if they'd say someone who smokes weed every night is a pothead and at least 8 of them will say yes. the other 2 probably smoke themselves and are faced with the same inability to label themselves properly as potheads as you have.

Why do I give a flying fuck what people on the street say? They don't know me. Now if you asked them if a person that get's up every morning at 7:30, goes to work, comes home, waters her garden, feeds her dog, takes her dog for a walk, makes dinner then settles in on the couch to watch a little TV before she smokes a bowl and goes to bed, you may get a different answer. But no, you take one fact about me and make a judgement. I don't care who would agree with you, IMO that wrong.

i've never called you a loser, or stupid, and my cheetos comment was clearly made in jest and a version of the "potheads get the munchies" joke that's been told by so many millions of people that it's just a part of common culture.

you're overly defensive because you're in denial that you're a pothead.

See, what gives you the right to say that about me?

i'm a degenerate gambler. i can admit it. i get shit from all sorts of people for it. i choose not to quit, but at least i can admit what i am. your still resisting you're pothead label in a manner similiar to, i say again, a guest on jerry springer would. it's kind of sad.

I'm a nicotine addict, a recovering caffiene addict, I have issues with alcohol (which is why I rarely drink anymore) and I also have serious road rage problems. I am not, however, a "pothead". I've always admitted exactly what I am. I just won't admit to things I know I'm not, no matter what your opinion of me may be.

In any case, this is getting old. If you want to debate the whole pot being legal thing or what NFL teams should do to memers that test positive for THC, I'm all for it. However, I'm done debating who I am with you because there's really no debate. I'm right. You're stuck on your assumptions. The end.

Well of course that's how I meant it, it seems like it would have been obvious.

I'll take a pass on sharing a fatty. First of all, pot tends to make my heart race for some reason so I only smoke 2 or 3 times a year.

Secondly, you're a bit unstable.

Makes my heart race at times, too...especially if I go out in public high.

Suit yourself, but I ususally have good shit and, well, I'm much more mellow stoned. :+textinb3

railbird

EOG Master

suspend these guys for life. marijuana is witchcraft, which is an abomination.

Hi again! To save you the time of lookingfor me, ATX, I'm going to the asylum now. See you there!

ATX

Hi again! To save you the time of lookingfor me, ATX, I'm going to the asylum now. See you there!

wasn't looking for you. you just seem to pop up in the damnedest diatribe-filled places...

NFL players that test positive for mary jane are pretty much going to be potheads. With their body fat percentage and metabolic rate it takes quite a bit to test positive.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

poor, sweded, still using the "you don't know me", "what gives you the right", and "it don't matter what all of society says, i know i'm right" comebacks to defend her marijuana habit.

just because you lead a good, noble life doesn't mean you can't also be a pothead. the word isn't necessarily derogatory, it just means marijuana plays a major role in your life (and if you do it every night, it *does* play a major role in your life. there's simply no denying that.)

sorry you're no good with definitions, language, and the like, but i'll call it quits too. there's apparently no way for logic and reason to penetrate your force-field of malted hops and bong resin...(<---Tommy Boy reference)