Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows
Re: Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

Shocking, Sweded can't see the other side of an argument. Although I do disagree with you Tim, because I myself smoke daily, I can understand why you feel the way you do. It's always tough to argue with the law, but I will say that it makes no sense for Weed to be illegal. They could penalize like they do for alcohol and everything would work pretty well. Public consumption, DUI, and possession under the age of 21 or something.

Disclaimer: I am high right now so this may be a little simple.

Personally, I'm not one to tell someone how to live their life.

If they take care of their business & try to be a good person everyday, then to each his own.

When people fail at life due to ANY addicition, then I agree it is a problem.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Hahahaha playing in the NFL is a privilege? These guys worked 100 times harder than 99% of American's to get where they are. Now they should have different rules than other workplaces. If you were the best surgeon in the world, they'd let you come back after a prison sentence. Same thing if you were the best lawyer in the world. This is absurd.

I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt but I spoke the truth.

Please don't think I give enough of a flying fuck about you for you to hurt my feelings. You did not speak the truth. You compared someone you don't even know to an alcoholic and said she was in denial. Go ahead and think what you want. It'll be legal soon enough no matter what you think you know.

Personally, I'm not one to tell someone how to live their life.

If they take care of their business & try to be a good person everyday, then to each his own.

When people fail at life due to ANY addicition, then I agree it is a problem.

:cheers

If cigarette prices go up anymore, I'll be failing at life due to my addiction. :doh1

Please don't think I give enough of a flying fuck about you for you to hurt my feelings. You did not speak the truth. You compared someone you don't even know to an alcoholic and said she was in denial. Go ahead and think what you want. It'll be legal soon enough no matter what you think you know.
:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:LMAO
I may burn one just "in honor" of that post!91023i2ndw;l

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

FWIW, I didn't disagree with you here. However, I feel that the lagalization of marijuana is a "when" not "if" question. So what if someone gets banned from the NFL for pot use then is becomes legal the next year?

they are banned...laws live in the present...i'm pretty sure they kept bootleggers still locked up after prohibition expired but I could be wrong

I agree....which is another reason why I don't think Mike Vick should be allowed back. Playing in the NFL should be a privilege. IMO, you should forfeit that privilege when you break the law.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It is if you have a perscription! 91023i2ndw;l

:+textinb3 very true...albeit, I dont think Percy Harvin nor the other imbecile had a prescription

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

You don't have to call anyone dense. We're just having a discussion here. Also, just because someone tests positive for weed, that does not mean they're a "pothead"....as a matter of fact, just because someone smokes daily, that doesn't make them a "pothead" either. Plenty of people smoke daily and still have good jobs and take care of their business.

The fact that weed is illegal is really the only argument for testing for it, IMO. Of course you don't want a player that might get busted for pot and either be suspended or thrown in jail. I'm also a firm believer that athletes should set an example for the kids that look up to them. From a moral standpoint, I don't think it's any worse to see them with a joint than a beer. However, it IS illegal and I don't think kids should be taught to break the law.

I was being mostly sarcastic in my other posts.

Get better parents. An athletes job is to play a sport to the best of their abilities and stay out of trouble. It's not their job to set examples for anyone's kids. They're no better than anyone else in this world, and kids should look up to their parents, not some athlete.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

another stupid pot smoker...you do know marijuana has xxx times the cancer causing agents as cigarettes right?

develop a zero tolerance policy with these stupid kids and maybe they will stop doing it....if they still choose to, kick them out of the league

Settle down Tim, this isn't the PGA tour.

Not really sure that bolded part was needed either. People who smoke cigarettes tend to do more damage to their lungs because they smoke a 1/2 pack, or a pack a day and that is worse than smoking 1 bowl, or so. So in reality smoke Ciggs usually turns out to be worse unless you're smoking weed 10 times a day, and what not.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

oh really? you have factual evidence that says this? again, you try to use your OPINION to make an argument against FACTS....doesnt work very well and you make yourself look silly. You still havent posted information from a reputable website that says marijuana doesnt pose a higher risk of cancer than tobacco

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

Settle down Tim, this isn't the PGA tour.

Not really sure that bolded part was needed either. People who smoke cigarettes tend to do more damage to their lungs because they smoke a 1/2 pack, or a pack a day and that is worse than smoking 1 bowl, or so. So in reality smoke Ciggs usually turns out to be worse unless you're smoking weed 10 times a day, and what not.

wrong and wrong...read the entire thread before you make claims...I already apologized for calling her stupid and read the article about pot vs marijuana....marijuana waaaaay worse, especially for somebody who smokes every day as sweded has already claimed she does

Woodshed...Timely's talking shit about me, isn't he? I've told him at least a dozen times now that he's on ignore, but the kid just doesn't get it. And I'm the pothead? :+clueless

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_marijuan_hhg.htm

see section 5...of course, a source from one of the best med schools in the country probably isnt good enough for you

and to expound on what Weinke said, yes, anybody who smokes everyday is a pothead....its called DENIAL....same thing that plagues alcoholics

Swede isn't a fan of sources. She's probably going to put you on ignore for bringing sources into the argument.

BTW, I'm a pothead and I still have a full time job and I go to school. So it doesn't mean you can't be productive. The only thing I've actually done less since I started smoking was going out.

Tim, you're not worth it. I told you that. You're not even going to look at it from another point of view and honestly, I'd rather not have you on the same side of an argument because you're not the type of person I'd want to associate with. I'm not running the risk of googling "marijuana" on my work PC for you, sorry. We both know that no matter what I find, you'll dispute it...then I'll dispute your dispute...blah blah blah. Play with Timely. He'll do that all day long with you.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

Swede isn't a fan of sources. She's probably going to put you on ignore for bringing sources into the argument.

BTW, I'm a pothead and I still have a full time job and I go to school. So it doesn't mean you can't be productive. The only thing I've actually done less since I started smoking was going out.

this is laughable as nobody can dispute the facts....again, I do not care if people choose to smoke pot everyday...they are just hurting themselves....however, it is illegal and will not be legal anytime soon for the everyday person as sweded has pipe dreams of believing

oh really? you have factual evidence that says this? again, you try to use your OPINION to make an argument against FACTS....doesnt work very well and you make yourself look silly. You still havent posted information from a reputable website that says marijuana doesnt pose a higher risk of cancer than tobacco
I beleive it will be legalized within the next few years.
That is just a hunch though. I could be wrong though. Being wrong usually only occurs with me in picking baseball winners lately though!:+textinb3

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

Tim, you're not worth it. I told you that. You're not even going to look at it from another point of view and honestly, I'd rather not have you on the same side of an argument because you're not the type of person I'd want to associate with. I'm not running the risk of googling "marijuana" on my work PC for you, sorry. We both know that no matter what I find, you'll dispute it...then I'll dispute your dispute...blah blah blah. Play with Timely. He'll do that all day long with you.

thats code speak for "I surrender. I cannot dispute the facts and my opinion is clearly wrong no matter how much I would like for it to be correct."

cant type in marijuana at work huh? why don't you go ahead and give me your supervisor's # and we'll see if he approves of you talking about MARIJUANA on a GAMBLING website when you are supposed to be working? I'm sure he/she won't mind....

Woodshed...Timely's talking shit about me, isn't he? I've told him at least a dozen times now that he's on ignore, but the kid just doesn't get it. And I'm the pothead? :+clueless
No Swede, I believe he is supporting your arguement.
Might be time to put him on probation!:LMAO

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

I beleive it will be legalized within the next few years.
That is just a hunch though. I could be wrong though. Being wrong usually only occurs with me in picking baseball winners lately though!:+textinb3

:cheers to you Woodshed...atleast you admit it is a hunch...i'm indifferent on whether they legalize it or not...atleast you dont claim "IT WILL BE LEGAL VERY SOON" like sweded says

Sorry Sweded, Missed that post. Leave him in the cage.:smoking2:

No Swede, I believe he is supporting your arguement.
Might be time to put him on probation!:LMAO

Now now...you anfd I both know if I go hit "view" next to his posts, I'm gonna find some shots at me. I know he smokes, but I also know he's probably found some way to agree with me while not agreeing with me.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

This has to be the funniest fucking post I've ever read. Anyone who gets a minute, go back and find the thread about Pit Bulls where me and Sweded argued. I was the only that agreed with some of her points, while she kept calling me an idiot and didn't agree with anything I said. She has to be the most close minded human being I've ever seen on these sites. She gets angry when you post facts and she will never meet anyone in the middle. It's her way, or else.

thats code speak for "I surrender. I cannot dispute the facts and my opinion is clearly wrong no matter how much I would like for it to be correct."

cant type in marijuana at work huh? why don't you go ahead and give me your supervisor's # and we'll see if he approves of you talking about MARIJUANA on a GAMBLING website when you are supposed to be working? I'm sure he/she won't mind....

I don't speak in codes, but whatever makes your dick feel bigger, man. Have at it. You sure did a great job puttin' them dirty stoners in their place.

I'm sorry, I find Tim's attitude about laws HILARIOUS on a gambling website.

:cheers to you Woodshed...atleast you admit it is a hunch...i'm indifferent on whether they legalize it or not...atleast you dont claim "IT WILL BE LEGAL VERY SOON" like sweded says
Just seems like you see it on alot of ballots nowadays.
Eventually it will get passed in one state, then another, & so on & so on.
Especially with the liberal approach our gov't seems to be adopting lately.

Did I mention that I am a "conservative", in favor of it.
Not alot of us around!

Sorry Sweded, Missed that post. Leave him in the cage.:smoking2:
See, he's still all pissy because I presented logical points to dispute that CDC study he was so proud of about Pit Bulls. Cute. :+textinb3

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Wow, you're being a huge tool right now.

I don't speak in codes, but whatever makes your dick feel bigger, man. Have at it. You sure did a great job puttin' them dirty stoners in their place.

Never thought of it that way.:smoking2:

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

Not alot of us around!

very well could be....but not in the immediate future like the dumb bitch claims

Not alot of us around!

Me too! Well, I lean conservative on most issues. I don't really like to label myself "conservative" or "liberal". I was just staing what I believe. I think it'll be legal soon. Hell, if I wanted to I could get a script and be smoking legally right now...I just don't think it's right to be a faker.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

See, he's still all pissy because I presented logical points to dispute that CDC study he was so proud of about Pit Bulls. Cute. :+textinb3

You presented logical OPINIONATED points. No facts. No statistics, or articles, which is what I brought to the argument. You did the same thing you're doing to Tim in this thread.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

my "attitude" is that laws are factual...i have yet to see anything factual come out of your mouth

Me too! Well, I lean conservative on most issues. I don't really like to label myself "conservative" or "liberal". I was just staing what I believe. I think it'll be legal soon. Hell, if I wanted to I could get a script and be smoking legally right now...I just don't think it's right to be a faker.
In due time!91023i2ndw;l

Never thought of it that way.:smoking2:

I mean, to each his or her own. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with gambling. We all bend the rules at times....but don't get on a soapbox about the law when you're illegally betting on sporting events. Ya know?

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

I mean, to each his or her own. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with gambling. We all bend the rules at times....but don't get on a soapbox about the law when you're illegally betting on sporting events. Ya know?

it is not illegal...you make yourself look dumb again