Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

Re: Harvin and Tate test positive for weed at combine

Woodshed....that is beauuuuuuutiful!

When were these tests done? Cuz it just ain't right to test them after 4/20...nope...not cool.

tripp

EOG Master

i have no idea why people make a deal out of weed.

4/20 annoys me though as everyone thinks they're badass and cool smoking a joint. one of the few days i refuse to smoke

Woodshed....that is beauuuuuuutiful!

When were these tests done? Cuz it just ain't right to test them after 4/20...nope...not cool.
Yeah!
Dirty Pool by the NFL!2938u4ji23

This is comparing Apples & Oranges (Due to the fact that who I'm about to referrence are hard working Americans),
But the factories in my area are drug testing EVERYONE.
Can only assume that it is to avoid paying them unemployment due to the recent state of our economy. That is seriously DIRTY POOL.2938u4ji23

not sure how many collegiate athletes you all know but id say i know a few and the majority of them do plenty of shit!

i have no idea why people make a deal out of weed.

4/20 annoys me though as everyone thinks they're badass and cool smoking a joint. one of the few days i refuse to smoke

Well, I have my bowl before bed every night regardless of the date. It's more of a little joke between my friends and I. It started back in High School and it stuck. I don't think weed is a big deal at all. I don't smoke because I think it makes me cool. I smoke because I enjoy it and to be quite honest, sometimes I need it to be able to eat. I have a nervous tummy.

Well, I have my bowl before bed every night regardless of the date. It's more of a little joke between my friends and I. It started back in High School and it stuck. I don't think weed is a big deal at all. I don't smoke because I think it makes me cool. I smoke because I enjoy it and to be quite honest, sometimes I need it to be able to eat. I have a nervous tummy.
:smoking2::smoking2::smoking2::smoking2::smoking2::smoking2::smoking2::cheers

Yeah!
Dirty Pool by the NFL!2938u4ji23

This is comparing Apples & Oranges (Due to the fact that who I'm about to referrence are hard working Americans),
But the factories in my area are drug testing EVERYONE.
Can only assume that it is to avoid paying them unemployment due to the recent state of our economy. That is seriously DIRTY POOL.2938u4ji23

I couldn't agree more, Woodhsed.

I don't really get why the NFL even tests for it. I guess the team wants to know if their players are going to be burnt out all the time, but obviously they're not if they've made it to the combine, right? It doesn't help or hurt their game (aside from maybe lowering their lung capacity)...so what's the big deal?

I couldn't agree more, Woodhsed.

I don't really get why the NFL even tests for it. I guess the team wants to know if their players are going to be burnt out all the time, but obviously they're not if they've made it to the combine, right? It doesn't help or hurt their game (aside from maybe lowering their lung capacity)...so what's the big deal?

Chances are, if they are baked, they aren't going home & smacking up their wives. It should be prescribed for a select few athletes!12io4j2w90

Yeah, some of those dudes need to chill the eff out. :cheers

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

how shocking that a person who smokes weed every single day doesn't see the big deal with a professional athlete being a pothead...

in case you guys haven't heard, weed *is* still illegal. regardless of the merits of the argument against it being so, it still holds true. when you consider that these nfl teams are playing their unproven players *MILLIONS* of dollars, you're damn right they're gonna test everything they can. if i'm a nfl gm looking at players of similiar caliber, i'm gonna go with the kid that doesn't smoke over the one that does. why would i wanna draft a kid that might get suspended a game for breaking the law (Santonio Holmes?) or really go off the deep-end and try to join a freaking monastery or something somewhere where he can smoke all day (Ricky Williams?)

c'mon, guys, don't be so dense.

oh, and fuck percy harvin. :^)

how shocking that a person who smokes weed every single day doesn't see the big deal with a professional athlete being a pothead...

in case you guys haven't heard, weed *is* still illegal. regardless of the merits of the argument against it being so, it still holds true. when you consider that these nfl teams are playing their unproven players *MILLIONS* of dollars, you're damn right they're gonna test everything they can. if i'm a nfl gm looking at players of similiar caliber, i'm gonna go with the kid that doesn't smoke over the one that does. why would i wanna draft a kid that might get suspended a game for breaking the law (Santonio Holmes?) or really go off the deep-end and try to join a freaking monastery or something somewhere where he can smoke all day (Ricky Williams?)

With that position on illegal activity, it must be a daily struggle to be a Florida State fan.:+textinb3

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

oh, it certainly gets frustrating sometimes. i wish the kids didn't smoke so much, and i also would be ok with weed being legal so we can tax it worse than cigarettes.

but i understand how things work and why an nfl team would be concerned with this kind of thing. how many ricky williams, matt jones, etc. do i have to list for this board's local potheads to admit drug-use and its consequences are a very legitimate concern for nfl teams?

You don't have to call anyone dense. We're just having a discussion here. Also, just because someone tests positive for weed, that does not mean they're a "pothead"....as a matter of fact, just because someone smokes daily, that doesn't make them a "pothead" either. Plenty of people smoke daily and still have good jobs and take care of their business.

The fact that weed is illegal is really the only argument for testing for it, IMO. Of course you don't want a player that might get busted for pot and either be suspended or thrown in jail. I'm also a firm believer that athletes should set an example for the kids that look up to them. From a moral standpoint, I don't think it's any worse to see them with a joint than a beer. However, it IS illegal and I don't think kids should be taught to break the law.

I was being mostly sarcastic in my other posts.

oh, it certainly gets frustrating sometimes. i wish the kids didn't smoke so much, and i also would be ok with weed being legal so we can tax it worse than cigarettes.

For the love of everything holy, please no! I'm about to quit the cancer sticks to get away from that crap. Tax booze next. Eh, what do I care? As soon as it's legal to do so I'll be growing my own.

For the love of everything holy, please no! I'm about to quit the cancer sticks to get away from that crap. Tax booze next. Eh, what do I care? As soon as it's legal to do so I'll be growing my own.
HYDRO!:+excited-

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

another stupid pot smoker...you do know marijuana has xxx times the cancer causing agents as cigarettes right?

develop a zero tolerance policy with these stupid kids and maybe they will stop doing it....if they still choose to, kick them out of the league

another stupid pot smoker...you do know marijuana has xxx times the cancer causing agents as cigarettes right?

What, exactly give you the right to call me stupid? Sounds like you're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about, but whatever.

develop a zero tolerance policy with these stupid kids and maybe they will stop doing it....if they still choose to, kick them out of the league

How do you feel about all the guys that have been popped for DUI playing in the NFL?

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

What, exactly give you the right to call me stupid? Sounds like you're the one that doesn't know what he's talking about, but whatever.

How do you feel about all the guys that have been popped for DUI playing in the NFL?

1. Alcohol is legal, marijuana is not
2. Yes, I do know what I'm talking about...are you disputing that marijuana does not have more cancer-causing agents than tobacco? You do both so you should enjoy lung cancer later in life....sorry for the stupid comment, it was uncalled for

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

we must have different definitions of pothead, swede. someone that smokes everynight is a pothead in my book. sorry if that seems like an insult, but i think it's a pretty common-sense classification.

as for your other paragraph, i'm not concerned with it from a moralistic/role-model perspective. i love me some charles barkley, and his "i am not a role model" line will always stick in my head. i don't expect these guys to be role models, just go out and play the game well. i understand kids see them differently, but they see santa claus differently too for a time; eventually they'll get over it. players don't have to not smoke weed because i or anybody else wants them to be role models, they need to not do it because, as we both agree on, it's illegal and it can put them and their teams in bad positions. it's selfish and unfair to their employers and teammates.

1. Alcohol is legal, marijuana is not

I asked about the players busted on DUI. Driving while drunk is not legal...and more dangerous to yourself and others than smoking pot.

2. Yes, I do know what I'm talking about...are you disputing that marijuana does not have more cancer-causing agents than tobacco?

Yes, I am disputing that marijuana has more cancer causing agents than cigarettes. Marijuana doesn't have the chemical additives. Pure tobacco, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty damn sure that cigarettes are worse for you.

You do both so you should enjoy lung cancer later in life....sorry for the stupid comment, it was uncalled for

That was uncalled for but saying I "should enjoy lung cancer" isn't? Okay. That makes sense.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

I asked about the players busted on DUI. Driving while drunk is not legal...and more dangerous to yourself and others than smoking pot.

Yes, I am disputing that marijuana has more cancer causing agents than cigarettes. Marijuana doesn't have the chemical additives. Pure tobacco, I'm not sure, but I'm pretty damn sure that cigarettes are worse for you.

That was uncalled for but saying I "should enjoy lung cancer" isn't? Okay. That makes sense.

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_marijuan_hhg.htm

see section 5...of course, a source from one of the best med schools in the country probably isnt good enough for you

and to expound on what Weinke said, yes, anybody who smokes everyday is a pothead....its called DENIAL....same thing that plagues alcoholics

These "self righteous" guys crack me up!:+textinb3
How many times have you drove home after slamming a 12 pack at the golf course, Tim?:blink:

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

I applaude you for that, but I fear you are missing the point.

i totally get your point....getting a DUI as a NFL player is just as bad as testing positive for pot....what I'm saying is, they need to develop a zero tolerance policy...currently they do not have one

if they were to develop a zero tolerance policy for both pot and driving drunk, and they choose to do it anyways.....then kick them out of the league...i know it would be motivation for most non-deranged people to comply

also, on a side note...it is possible to get drunk and not do anything illegal(just get a cab or a driver)...it is NOT possible to smoke weed and be legal12io4j2w90

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

yes, woodshed, try and negate our comments by basically calling us self-righteous hypocritical pricks. sound strategy.

look, i don't care if you or swede smokes some weed before you go to bed. none of my business as far as i'm concerned.

but this thread is about nfl players, and because i'm not a biased pothead, i can admit when there's something wrong with their behavior. it doesn't make me self-righteous or anything like that, it means i have enough common-sense to know what's right and what's wrong in this situation. and while i know you'd like to try and turn this around and make me and tim out to be bad guys, here, we're not. just telling it like it is.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

sweded runs away after seeing the facts on marijuana vs cigarettes

we must have different definitions of pothead, swede. someone that smokes everynight is a pothead in my book. sorry if that seems like an insult, but i think it's a pretty common-sense classification.

If you want to think that, fine. I just don't think someone who works full time and takes care of her house, pets, etc. can be classified as a "pothead". I know "potheads" they live with their parents and have been delivering pizzas for the last ten years. They work just enough to support their habit.

as for your other paragraph, i'm not concerned with it from a moralistic/role-model perspective. i love me some charles barkley, and his "i am not a role model" line will always stick in my head. i don't expect these guys to be role models, just go out and play the game well. i understand kids see them differently, but they see santa claus differently too for a time; eventually they'll get over it.

I feel that is you persue a career that you know will put you in the spotlight, you should conduct yourself in a certain manner. I know some of these guys complain about it, but come on. You know when you get drafted that your life is going to be plastered all over the papers. If you don't like it, go into another profession.

players don't have to not smoke weed because i or anybody else wants them to be role models, they need to not do it because, as we both agree on, it's illegal and it can put them and their teams in bad positions. it's selfish and unfair to their employers and teammates.

Well we agree on the last part, but I still say that they have a responsibility to set a decent example for the kids watching them.

yes, woodshed, try and negate our comments by basically calling us self-righteous hypocritical pricks. sound strategy.

look, i don't care if you or swede smokes some weed before you go to bed. none of my business as far as i'm concerned.

but this thread is about nfl players, and because i'm not a biased pothead, i can admit when there's something wrong with their behavior. it doesn't make me self-righteous or anything like that, it means i have enough common-sense to know what's right and what's wrong in this situation. and while i know you'd like to try and turn this around and make me and tim out to be bad guys, here, we're not. just telling it like it is.
I believe I only mentioned Tim's name in that thread, but if you have something you would like to admit to I'm all ears.oij213490
Thanks for commenting though.:+waving-5

i totally get your point....getting a DUI as a NFL player is just as bad as testing positive for pot....what I'm saying is, they need to develop a zero tolerance policy...currently they do not have one

if they were to develop a zero tolerance policy for both pot and driving drunk, and they choose to do it anyways.....then kick them out of the league...i know it would be motivation for most non-deranged people to comply

also, on a side note...it is possible to get drunk and not do anything illegal(just get a cab or a driver)...it is NOT possible to smoke weed and be legal12io4j2w90
Point taken.12io4j2w90

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/pa/pa_marijuan_hhg.htm

see section 5...of course, a source from one of the best med schools in the country probably isnt good enough for you

I've read reports that don't really support that, but you're not worht the time it would take to find them because of what you said below.

and to expound on what Weinke said, yes, anybody who smokes everyday is a pothead....its called DENIAL....same thing that plagues alcoholics

Who the fuck do you think you are? You don't know me. Making those kinds of assumptions about me is just a dick move. You have NO idea what I have watched people very close to me go through with their addictions. None. I smoke every day because I can afford to keep the stuff around and it helps me relax. I'd rather take a hit from my pipe than pop a xanax. That's my choice.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

I believe I only mentioned Tim's name in that thread, but if you have something you would like to admit to I'm all ears.oij213490
Thanks for commenting though.:+waving-5

you wrote, "These "self righteous" guys crack me up!"

i always understood "guys" to be plural and considering me and tim are the ones arguing against weed, i assumed i was included.

Well, calling us "biased potheads" kinda does make you sound self-righteous. Just sayin. :+textinb3

Ummm, but I guess that wasn't directed at me because I agree that there's something wrong with their behavior.

Tim Finchem

EOG Dedicated

I've read reports that don't really support that, but you're not worht the time it would take to find them because of what you said below.

Who the fuck do you think you are? You don't know me. Making those kinds of assumptions about me is just a dick move. You have NO idea what I have watched people very close to me go through with their addictions. None. I smoke every day because I can afford to keep the stuff around and it helps me relax. I'd rather take a hit from my pipe than pop a xanax. That's my choice.

absolutely your choice and never did I tell you to stop...i went based on facts

1. You said you smoke marijuana every day and you also smoke cigarettes.
2. The combination of the 2 above heightens the risk of lung cancer tremendously
3. Marijuana is illegal....getting drunk(as long as you do not drive) is not

I'm sorry you got your feelings hurt but I spoke the truth. Also, I would love for you to find that information where marijuana does not pose more of a cancer risk than cigarrettes...even if I'm not worthy, maybe others on this site are and you can open their eyes a bit...oh wait, you wont find that from any medical-related site12io4j2w90

you wrote, "These "self righteous" guys crack me up!"

i always understood "guys" to be plural and considering me and tim are the ones arguing against weed, i assumed i was included.
You know what they say.
"You should never assume, because...(fill in the blank).
It was more of a generalization "guy's".
Not everything is about "you" Weinke.:thumbsup

FWIW, I didn't disagree with you here. However, I feel that the lagalization of marijuana is a "when" not "if" question. So what if someone gets banned from the NFL for pot use then is becomes legal the next year?

I agree....which is another reason why I don't think Mike Vick should be allowed back. Playing in the NFL should be a privilege. IMO, you should forfeit that privilege when you break the law.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

It is if you have a perscription! 91023i2ndw;l