NY Reb's Bowl thread

jincka

EOG Veteran
Re: NY Reb's Bowl thread

Ole Miss +6 (-115) at Bodog right now for anybody looking to jump on the Rebs late

If anyone here still has money at Bodog, they might as well throw it away on Rebel.

goldie

EOG Enthusiast

I wasn't going to play Ole Miss, I thought the hype about them was overdone, everyone feeding off each other, but in the end I played them and have no one to blame but myself. This game is over. Ole Miss can't play a bit. They are not ready for the big stage. Whole team has the deer in the headlights look.

Never seen a game over in the first quarter, but this one is.

Relax Goldie....a lot of game left here. The two turnovers didn't help, but Ole Miss is settling down here. Take the bad karma elsewhere!:thumbsup

Wow goldie, another field goal by ole miss and im covering with my +6...guess i dont see where you are coming from.:+clueless

goldie

EOG Enthusiast

My previous posts may have been a bit premature. Actually I was trying a little reverse psychology :).

hutch15

EOG Senior Member

Not in this thread bro. Reb always wants positive vibes around here. When you get down in a game just relax and take a deep breath you will live longer... its science

agreed. That Penn St game yesterday looked completely over in the 1st half but we almost got a cover at the end of the game. Just stick with it there's plenty of game left.

Key-Touch

EOG Veteran

agreed i think im goin to pass on this one anyway, how about bama/utah game? bama's expected to blow em out

Goon

EOG Member

listen - everybody needs to just worry about Ole Miss closing this one out and then we can talk about other games. Hopefully Houston Nutt doesn't get conservative here, which I don't think he will. Keep pounding McCluster and let Snead do his thing. A lot of game left and no need for presuming anything yet. Huge drive coming up here.

Goon

EOG Member

TT's D is gassed. Keep pounding the ball. No need for that wildcat formation. Just ram it down their throats. C'mon Rebels!

brucefan

EOG Dedicated

Great call with Ole Miss Reb, not just for the game, but the WHOLE YEAR!

Snot Rocket

EOG Member

Reb, You continue to amaze me. Ole Miss all year! Could you give some insight as to why you are on Bama (other than an SEC fan?) I accept that they are a better team, but I think Utah has more to want to prove.

sharkbait

EOG Member

congraulation on your goy pick (ole miss) and all the other picks this year your the best happy new year

goldie

EOG Enthusiast

Nice call. May I say that, except for the first quarter, it was never in doubt.

ready4luck

EOG Member

Nice win with Ole Miss.....Congrats to Utah....they played a hell of of a game.
Good luck with the rest of your picks!!!!! Thanks Reb

lvmike32

EOG Enthusiast

Reb, nice win on TT and thanks for your picks all year. I've used this season to learn who I can tail pretty much blind next season and you're one I've identified. Please don't let a few critics keep you from posting - I just finished reading Churchill's WWII memoirs and the guy got absolutely pounded in 30's warning of Hitler's rise - not to compare it with this situation, but my point being is there will always be critics and you have to continue on and do what you feel is right - so keep em coming, people don't have to read your threads and certainly don't have to follow your picks with their own money. Thanks again and GL rest of bowls.

Bowls YTD: 13-9 (+24.1*)

GOY on Ole Miss covers easily, but Bama didn't show up.

5* UConn -6

Upgrading:

15* Florida -3
Guys, I don't love this quite as much as the Ole Miss play, but I love it a lot more than my other 10* plays, and in all fairness I should rate it in a way that more accurately reflects how big a play it actually is for me, for anyone that actually cares.

I am certainly aware that Oklahoma is capable of dealing with the Florida speed and taking this game, just as Texas Tech is certainly capable of beating Ole Miss. It's just, in a similar way, I just don't think it's going to happen. I think the Gators cover this fairly comfortably, and that there's a good chance that this line will go up as it gets closer to game time, just as the Ole Miss line went from +6 to +4.

After watching the Ole Miss game, the fact that Oklahoma dominated Texas Tech doesn't impress me that much. I think the Sooners will be outclassed by the speedy Gators in this game. While South Carolina and Alabama disappointed, the SEC has done well in the other 4 games, covering rather easily with Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU, and Kentucky. Florida not only has elite speed all over the field, they know how to utilize it about as well as any team I've ever seen.

Anyway, I've been wrong before--as anyone who experienced 'Black New Year's Day' with me will attest--but my play on Florida is my largest of the year aside from my play on Ole Miss.

Best of luck to you.