NY Reb's Bowl thread

Warblade

EOG Member
Re: NY Reb's Bowl thread

Biggest factor for the BCS matchups, is the special team play of Florida vs OU. OU can't cover the kickoff or punt well, giving up huge yards per return. Florida is also better blocking kicks and punts.

I think Florida will use their speedy backs, with multiple formations to keep OU guessing, and have them chasing players all over the field thoughout the game. OU will be out of gas, by the middle of 3Q.

But my money is that OU will score first:+textinb3

Reb, I feel a lot better now that you upgraded Florida to a 15* game. It's by far my largest wager (ever, not just on bowls) and I'm very confident Florida controls the tempo early on.

Any thoughts on Texas/Ohio State?

mariah

EOG Dedicated

Upgrading:

15* Florida -3
Guys, I don't love this quite as much as the Ole Miss play, but I love it a lot more than my other 10* plays, and in all fairness I should rate it in a way that more accurately reflects how big a play it actually is for me, for anyone that actually cares.

I am certainly aware that Oklahoma is capable of dealing with the Florida speed and taking this game, just as Texas Tech is certainly capable of beating Ole Miss. It's just, in a similar way, I just don't think it's going to happen. I think the Gators cover this fairly comfortably, and that there's a good chance that this line will go up as it gets closer to game time, just as the Ole Miss line went from +6 to +4.

After watching the Ole Miss game, the fact that Oklahoma dominated Texas Tech doesn't impress me that much. I think the Sooners will be outclassed by the speedy Gators in this game. While South Carolina and Alabama disappointed, the SEC has done well in the other 4 games, covering rather easily with Georgia, Ole Miss, LSU, and Kentucky. Florida not only has elite speed all over the field, they know how to utilize it about as well as any team I've ever seen.

Anyway, I've been wrong before--as anyone who experienced 'Black New Year's Day' with me will attest--but my play on Florida is my largest of the year aside from my play on Ole Miss.

Best of luck to you.

What worries me Reb is the the Gators struggled with Alabama & Alabama proved to to be a best mediocre speed wise & very over rated on "D". SEC not the dominating "D" conference that they use to be, high "D" rankings imo are largely due to poor offenses in the SEC(tenn,vandy,miss st,auburn,south carolina).

Ohio St cover puts bowl record 15-9 (+36.1*)

Everything has gone exceedingly well except for 'Black New Year's Day.' If not for that one bad day, we'd be sitting pretty. As it is, I'll live with the current record. A Florida win will put us over +50* for bowls.

I AGREE: YAY

Play: Tulsa (-2.5 -110)
Posted on: January 6, 2009 @ 11:34:51 AM EST

Both teams are coming off horrible performances in their respective conference championship games. Tulsa turned the ball over 7 times in route to a home loss to East Carolina, while Ball St committed 5 turnovers in their loss to Buffalo in the MAC Championship.

Ball St is coming off two losses and a coaching change as the head man has bolted for San Diego St . MAC teams have been non-competitive in this bowl season going 0-3 straight up and ATS. Tulsa brings in a balanced attack on offense, with the number seven rushing offense and the #1 rated offense in the country averaging over 550 yards per game. Look for the Golden Hurricanes to move the Ball all over the place tonight as the expected bad weather shouldn't slow this offense down. Once Ball St. lost their first game the air was let out of their season, now the head coach has abandoned the team I see a poor showing for Ball St .

<hr>

I Love Moneys

EOG Member

My very close friend is the center for Ball State, Dan Gerberry, and he said the team is in distress about their coach disowning them.... He also said they are taking their anger out on Tulsa tonight...

Ball State gets the win tonight!!!

FrankDaTank

EOG Senior Member

I hate to be against you Reb, it doesn't happen often. I got Ball State winning tonight. GL with your plays tho bud.

Easy Tulsa cover has bowls now 16-9 (+46.1*)

Now a Florida win will put us over +60* for the bowls.

Awesome work over the bowl season reb, i have no other choice but to switch my lean from Oklahoma over to Florida. Wouldnt usually do it, just can't go against you though.

Awesome work over the bowl season reb, i have no other choice but to switch my lean from Oklahoma over to Florida. Wouldnt usually do it, just can't go against you though.

Hopefully you got them when it was still -3.

Probably won't matter though.

Good luck.

easymoney

EOG Member

Reb,
Question for you. I locked in 2k on Florida last week at 3. My book is up to 5 1/2 now. Should I see if the line creeps to 6 and try and middle this game? or just stick with my original bet? I love Fla at 3, certainly don't like them at 5 1/2 or 6. Just looking for a little advice. Great run btw in the bowls.

karmaisreal

EOG Enthusiast

Reb,
Question for you. I locked in 2k on Florida last week at 3. My book is up to 5 1/2 now. Should I see if the line creeps to 6 and try and middle this game? or just stick with my original bet? I love Fla at 3, certainly don't like them at 5 1/2 or 6. Just looking for a little advice. Great run btw in the bowls.

I hear you easy. I have half my money on Fla -3 and the other half on Fla +3.5 (2nd part of a teaser). I really don't even like Oklahoma +5.5 but is damn tempting to at least put part of it on a middle now.

Reb,

My opinion is that if you try to middle this game you might lose what you would have otherwise gained. Florida could easily win in double digits.

mariah

EOG Dedicated

I am on the other side tonight Reb, just want to tell ya thanks for another nice season, always appreciate & look forward to your posts, gl on your action always. :cheers

cowboy.1

EOG Enthusiast

Good Luck tonight Reb....! With you on Florida got them at -6 hope they cover...!12io4j2w90

Last minute teaser:

Florida +4.5
Florida over 60.5
Giants +6

For those who love the action91023i2ndw;l

sharkbait

EOG Member

:houracon grats mr. reb on a great bowl season you da man thank you good luck in the pros91023i2ndw;l

Bowl season ends 17-9 (+61.1*)

Thank all of you for your encouragement and support throughout this football season.

GiantBills

EOG Member

Reb,

First time poster(s).

As the college football season comes to an end, let me say on behalf of my brother, my friend and myself, all of which have loyally followed you for 2 years now, thank you. We know with you we are always getting an honest prediction.

There is no perfect science to gambling, and honestly, its a pretty bad addiction, however, if you are going to do it, you give us the best shot to survive this game.

Hopefully, you'll continue your NFL run and then support us during the college bball season.

Sincerely,

GiantBills (3 of us)

PS Thank you to Micelli whom we also loyally follow and respect.

congrats REB, I know you have been waiting for this one for a loooooong time... enjoy the win....:smoking2: