NY Reb's Bowl thread

3 years ago I went on an 18-4 run in the bowls. While it's unlikely I'll ever hit that one again, chances are good we could enjoy a good streak.

15* Bowl GOY Ole Miss +6
Some of you have laughed at my picks on Ole Miss this year, yet they have gone 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games. Surely respect Texas Tech's passing attack, but the Rebels will be ready for it with good athletes on defense. At this writing 90% of the public have bet on Texas Tech, yet the line is moving down and will probably soon hit 5 and could go lower. This isn't rocket science. Don't expect this line to go up. Rebels should win this game outright.

More bowl plays as they occur to me.

Best of luck to all, and may everyone enjoy the holiday seasonoij213490

indy007

EOG Enthusiast
Re: NY Reb's Bowl thread

Reb.......

thank you ......looking forward to all your bowl plays.."Go Miss"

g/l with all the plays

indy

pags11

EOG Dedicated

with you here reb on Ole Miss...was the first game that stuck out to me as well...unlike most other "homers" (if you will allow me to respectfully use that term) you are objective when it comes to your team...BOL to you in bowl season my friend...

3 words = 1 name : Michael Crabtree :thumbsup

Another beautiful SEC/Big 12 Bowl Game and both teams figured out how to win throughout the stretch.

A hard line to bet at -5.5 though Ol' Miss is clicking with huge Road Wins.

11-1 Texas Tech was Big 12 champ worthy and could easily be playing Florida in Jan. Im on Texas Tech Huge but Good luck this bowl season!!:cheers

LaxDevil

EOG Addicted

Reb, any thought about the emotional state of TTech - being snubbed by the BCS even at 11-1 and Harrell being snubbed for the Heisman? I think they are going to be out to prove something and take it out on Miss. I just worry that Tech will be super jacked for this game.

A 15* already, thanks reb.....GL on your bowls this year, great year for ole miss as well.

What do you think about USC & Texas?

Reb, any thought about the emotional state of TTech - being snubbed by the BCS even at 11-1 and Harrell being snubbed for the Heisman? I think they are going to be out to prove something and take it out on Miss. I just worry that Tech will be super jacked for this game.

It could be just the opposite.

They know they could be in the BCS, and are disappointed at where they "fell" to, and consider Ole Miss an inferior opponent. Going by records alone, who wouldn't think so?

So they might come in all jacked up, or they could be flat as a pancake.

Either way, Texas Tech does not have a significant advantage in either talent or coaching. If there is any disadvantage for Ole Miss, it's that they have short CBs that TT could possibly exploit. The Rebs, however, are using a 6-7 redshirt at WR to be "Crabtree" in practice, and the CBs, a 5th year senior and a 4th year junior, backed by another 4th year junior, are athletic and speedy, and should hang in there well enough for Ole Miss' own capable offense to keep up.

LaxDevil

EOG Addicted

Good points. I really like this matchup. It will be a nice showcase of where the SEC and Big 12 stand in terms of talent.

Do you think Ole Miss will be able to keep up with them scoring wise. Or do you think that Miss' D will keep TT from scoring as much?

my guy has the game at +4.5.... would you still play that or is it now a basd line???

I didn't know if you were calling for an outright....by miss

jlawbaker

EOG Senior Member

3 words = 1 name : Michael Crabtree :thumbsup

Another beautiful SEC/Big 12 Bowl Game and both teams figured out how to win throughout the stretch.

A hard line to bet at -5.5 though Ol' Miss is clicking with huge Road Wins.

11-1 Texas Tech was Big 12 champ worthy and could easily be playing Florida in Jan. Im on Texas Tech Huge but Good luck this bowl season!!:cheers

In the 2006 Cotton Bowl (2005 regular season), I remember that Texas Tech brought that so-called HIGH OCTANE offense to the game and STRUGGLED to score 10 points against another SEC team. Just be careful on HOW LARGE you wager.

10* Florida -3
Oklahoma is injuring themselves out of the game. You guys probably know as much about this game as I do, so there is not much of a write-up. I'm just here to say I'm putting a tidy sum on the Gators before the line goes over 3.

To answer a question from above :)devil:) yes, I believe Ole Miss will win outright against TT.

Either way, Texas Tech does not have a significant advantage in either talent or coaching.
While I agree that Ole Miss "might" be the right side here, I can not help but to disagree with this statement.

Congrats on an outstanding season, Reb.

buddypar4

EOG Enthusiast

Can't get a feeling for this game. This will be the last Cotton Bowl classic at this stadium. They have enlarged the stadium for this game which is a sell out. This also will have the largest crowd ever for this game. Texas Tech is really jacked up/ They feel slighted aftergetting mauled by Okla. Have a friend in Lubbock in the business and he said it is the most heavily bet game he has ever had this early.He is so scared of the game he has been laying off for over a week and has the game -6. Naturally, he would have the game a little higher, but he is not one to be easily scared and doesn't usually ever move that much.:+clueless

indy007

EOG Enthusiast

Reb.......

Thanks for the plays and all your efforts this past season (all sports)

indy

10* Southern Miss +5
Wrong favorite here guys. All signs are saying go with Troy. Don't fall for it -- it's a sucker's bet.

Sunday Night Teaser:
Southern Miss +14.5
Southern Miss over 44.5
Giants +6

mariah

EOG Dedicated

10* Southern Miss +5
Wrong favorite here guys. All signs are saying go with Troy. Don't fall for it -- it's a sucker's bet.

Sunday Night Teaser:
Southern Miss +14.5
Southern Miss over 44.5
Giants +6

I love this play Reb, see you at the cashiers window :xmas7

Not good losing Brown.

He was their most dangerous weapon.

Not worried about the bet, but losing Brown doesn't make me feel more secure.