2024 Deaths (Pool)......

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
Steve Lawrence, 88, actor, comedian, singer and producer, Alzheimer's disease.
Sad.
Just last Sunday PBS was doing a donation campaign for supporters who would receive a Steve & Eydie DVD.
Fun fact, Steve was the first to popularize the Broadway song “I’ve gotta be me”.
Sammy Davis Jr would follow up with a hugely successful cover, making it his signature song.

Heim

EOG Master
Sad.
Just last Sunday PBS was doing a donation campaign for supporters who would receive a Steve & Eydie DVD.
Fun fact, Steve was the first to popularize the Broadway song “I’ve gotta be me”.
Sammy Davis Jr would follow up with a hugely successful cover, making it his signature song.

I didn't know Donny Osmand's hit 'Go Away Little Girl' was a Steve Lawrence cover.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Steve Lawrence, 88, actor, comedian, singer and producer, Alzheimer's disease.

My father turned 88 on Monday. He has early onset Alzheimer's. His legs have practically given out on him - he can walk but it is hard to do and not for long distances.

The toll memory issues has on families cannot be explained. It is more taxing on caregivers than the affected person.

I am sorry for Steve's passing and all his family had to deal with. His passing was not a good thing - but I promise you it was not a bad thing, either.