mofome, The Shrink, and the future of eog

mofome

Banned
I read some positive and some negative comments about eog, ken, myself, and the future of things. people like peep think i wont be around for 3 more months, kosar thinks he knows more about eog than i do, and so on. Fire away, what questions/doubts does anyone have? show up, post, share your insights with me/us. I have nothing to hide here and im not all that concerned that anyone knows more about the current status of eog and its direction than I do. perhaps im ill-informed :) do share, challenge, ask, and bring on whatever may be on your mind. Im open to whatever people have to say or ask. Nothing will be ignored should it be brought up.

oij213490

Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Re: mofome, The Shrink, and the future of eog

I think if you don't change your avatar soon my head is going to impode.

WVU

EOG Master

do you see 7 mods in EOG's future? Couldn't this place run just fine with say 3 mods? Do you see future growth at all for EOG in terms of deposits and advertising revenue?

I think if you don't change your avatar soon my head is going to impode.
It was my special birthday request, Wilson, that he change it - but, some people just don't care about other people's birthdays :+crying-5

5 star bomb

EOG Master

do you see 7 mods in EOG's future? Couldn't this place run just fine with say 3 mods? Do you see future growth at all for EOG in terms of deposits and advertising revenue?

Very good question... No way 7 is needed imo. Could easily get away with 3 or 4 tops

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Your avatar drives me nuts. She is the hottest chick ever. That's not really a question as much as a fact.

WVU

EOG Master

Instead of endorsing a new start up book, why doesn't EOG open their own book? Ken has plenty of contacts in Costa Rica that could get this done.

Please refer to Bday thread and your IQ...

Next? :blink:
That response was especially for Mo. Mind your own business.

Here are your questions:
1. why doesn't glue stick to the inside of a bottle?
2. why do things get darker when they get wet, even though water is clear?
3. If my body temperature is 98.6, why do I feel hot when it's 98 degrees outside

Instead of endorsing a new start up book, why doesn't EOG open their own book? Ken has plenty of contacts in Costa Rica that could get this done.

Kenny prefers his current house over the BIG BIG HOUSE....:newsmile055:

Next?

mofome

Banned

Right now our staff is working for a bit less than we used to and its been fine. I think some of that actually brought us together. I was impressed to see some people take cuts and continue to support eog positively. The plan is to wait out the down time and hope things cycle back and the industry flourishes once again. Eog wont go into some 'survival' mode where we offer the bare minimum, but we have to be smart with how we distribute revenue. eog, unlike some others, will count on the loyalty of friends and such to keep us busier than others until money starts rolling back in to sites such as this. With The Shrinks name on this place we have a leg up on many, but even still we need our advertisors to prosper if we are going to do the same long term. Our biggest challenge comes with getting people to feel secure with funding methods and secure in their trust that funds are safe.
I believe that we'll see better times and i know Ken does. The environment here has been hit just like most other industries have been. We will not fold and we have faith that better times are in the not to distant future.

That response was especially for Mo. Mind your own business.

Here are your questions:
1. why doesn't glue stick to the inside of a bottle?
2. why do things get darker when they get wet, even though water is clear?
3. If my body temperature is 98.6, why do I feel hot when it's 98 degrees outside

1-because the inside of the bottle is too wet...

2-because your vision is getting worse now that you are a year older...

3-see #2-same premise

WVU

EOG Master

Right now our staff is working for a bit less than we used to and its been fine. I think some of that actually brought us together. I was impressed to see some people take cuts and continue to support eog positively. The plan is to wait out the down time and hope things cycle back and the industry flourishes once again. Eog wont go into some 'survival' mode where we offer the bare minimum, but we have to be smart with how we distribute revenue. eog, unlike some others, will count on the loyalty of friends and such to keep us busier than others until money starts rolling back in to sites such as this. With The Shrinks name on this place we have a leg up on many, but even still we need our advertisors to prosper if we are going to do the same long term. Our biggest challenge comes with getting people to feel secure with funding methods and secure in their trust that funds are safe.
I believe that we'll see better times and i know Ken does. The environment here has been hit just like most other industries have been. We will not fold and we have faith that better times are in the not to distant future.

good answer Mo, and I am sorry to hear that some of you guys had to take pay cuts. This brings me to my next question...

Does EOG have any plans to act as a payment processor for its advertisers? I believe the industry may be heading in that direction.

Journeyman

EOG Master

'People like Peep', LMAO....he's been bitter since 2003, he tried to steal the Rx, literally, when it backfired on his no talent ass he just became a bitter old fuck.

Peep was given a golden opportunity, posters were checking out his site in droves back in the day, we were losing posters fater than the Titanic was taking on water at one point, but he couldn't figure out how to keep any of them...what a dumbass.

So instead he creates a site fueled on hatred and jealousy...

A site where all the cool people talk about everyone else (put that in your pschiatric hat and ponder it for a few seconds), the thing they don't realize is 99% of the time no one is ever reading that site, especially now days.

Same people have been saying the same things going on 6-7 years now.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Why would you have brought Jake over to let him go that quick?

Didnt like that move at all.

You are definately over moderated for a site that is supposed to be free speech.

mofome

Banned

good answer Mo, and I am sorry to hear that some of you guys had to take pay cuts. This brings me to my next question...

Does EOG have any plans to act as a payment processor for its advertisers? I believe the industry may be heading in that direction.

1) ty. paycuts, at this point, were needed. i spoke with everyone on the staff and i was pleasantly surprised by the spirits everyone was in. ken has built up a lot of loyalty with his name and generosity over the years.

2) that question is far better for Ken to address, he may have already.

WVU

EOG Master

I have many questions, but I don't want to monopolize this thread. I will wait it out and add a question here and there.

:thumbsup

mofome

Banned

'People like Peep', LMAO....he's been bitter since 2003, he tried to steal the Rx, literally, when it backfired on his no talent ass he just became a bitter old fuck.

Peep was given a golden opportunity, posters were checking out his site in droves back in the day, we were losing posters fater than the Titanic was taking on water at one point, but he couldn't figure out how to keep any of them...what a dumbass.

So instead he creates a site fueled on hatred and jealousy...

A site where all the cool people talk about everyone else (put that in your pschiatric hat and ponder it for a few seconds), the thing they don't realize is 99% of the time no one is ever reading that site, especially now days.

Same people have been saying the same things going on 6-7 years now.

I was unaware with his past with therx, though this doesn't shock me. Not sure if hes the stand up guy he tries to come off as, he certainly has no trouble slighting others. Some people live their entire lives with envy and aren't simple able to be happy for others or wish others well. Some people aren't able to be constructive with their criticisms and, instead, bash behind their pc with a pompous little attitude. To each their own.

It has been talked about alot that sports picks go in sports forums and in game threads can go on main page but that does not happen and we have agreat racing forum but people still post that stuff here any thoughts for enforcing those rules?

Panic

EOG Dedicated

How many paid posters are currently on payroll?( no names needed)

Would Eog ever consider merging with another site, like SBR and making one giant megasite to over come these hard economic times?

If you could change one thing about EOG(outside of the financial situation)...what would it be?

mofome

Banned

I have many questions, but I don't want to monopolize this thread. I will wait it out and add a question here and there.

:thumbsup

i going to run to the gym for about 30, hopefully there is more here when i get back.

:pop:

ballwonder

EOG Master

Wouldnt that be difficult to do if in the U.S.? Also doesnt that refer back to the same thing shrink answered. If you own a book or act as a payment processor with the laws that are in place is that the same thing? Dont know the answers thats why I am asking you.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Tuckman and 5 star should be on staff

Mallcop Jimmy Hoffa should be shown the door

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

Do either of you see an EOG Bash happening in the future? The Atlantis trip rocked. :cheers

Please refer to post #14...

WVU

EOG Master

Currently how many Paid Posters are on EOG's roster...??

I am still working off that expensive dinner the Shrink bought me this past summer. My debt should be settled by the end of Hoops season. I knew I shouldn't have ordered dessert.
:doh1

Timetopay

EOG Master

Shrink why all the pay cuts? what got cut exactly?

Didnt you just win some big election wager? Would you sleep with Swede if Scarlett didnt find out?