August 11, 2021, 11:19 PM EDT Updated on August 12, 2021, 5:21 AM EDT
  • Terminal at Ningbo port shuts after one worker infected
  • China shipping was recovering after Yantian shutdown

LOL toby following me around .. maybe not getting any at home
The port is not closed

I

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Mr Top I live it every day, not online. I approve bookings from China every day. I can tell you what's avail and when out of Shanghai and Ningbo, and how much will cost you.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The booster shots are now recommended after 8 months, when asked how they decided on 8 months, fauci said "we had to pick a date" - science in action.

MrTop

EOG Master
Our supply lines are a hot mess now.

ever since july the supply lines from china have been screwed up. One tell is energy took a serious dip with covid / opec. China does not have energy they have to import it. When they shut down or delay not good. So if something is coming from china...delay. Energy taking a hit, then you have china regulation too. the small cap companies are still on the plus side from a year ago. Private ? The overall stock market really not doing good the last month. A lot of money on the sideline buying the dip.

mr merlin

EOG Master
So much for "following the science" and advocating booster shots. Scientists saying not so fast.

The uk is already walking back boosters for over 50 age group. There was also this news... 70% of over 50 yr olds that died were vaxxed. Over 700 dead - who'd been vaxxed.

Data from Public Health England (PHE) shows that of the 113 deaths of people under 50, 64 per cent were unvaccinated, while 10 per cent had received one jab and 24 per cent had received both.

Among the 1,076 deaths of people aged over 50, 30 per cent were unvaccinated, 9 per cent had had one dose and 61 per cent were fully-vaccinated.

mr merlin

EOG Master
new data from the UK, if you're under 50 you have a greater chance of dying if you're fully vaxxed than if you've had no shot.

1629484199865.png

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

Total COVID deaths reported in Illinois in that timeframe...

8/12: 27
8/13: 17
8/14: 0
8/15: 0
8/16: 31
8/17: 21
8/18: 38

Thats a total of 134. 34 of 134 is over 25% of the deaths.

And it's just begun.

MrTop

EOG Master
Delta Variant

The Vaccinated Are Worried and Scientists Don’t Have Answers​

August 21, 2021,
  • Anecdotes signal surprising number of infections in vaccinated
  • Officials must formulate plans despite a dearth of hard data

bloomberg

mr merlin

EOG Master
2 months ago it still looked like the vaccine worked great - cut way down on infections, cases and deaths, 1 month ago it looked like it worked well against hosp. and deaths(effectiveness against cases was weakening), today it looks like it still has a slight(but vastly reduced) benefit against serious disease.

What will it look like a month or 2 from now? Assuming it cant flip the other way - where the vaccinated suffer more consequences than the unvaccinated, would be unwise.

The idea of vaccine passports - which are based on the assumptions that vaccinated people dont spread the disease, will soon be proven worthless. Since if the vaccinated are just as likely to spread disease as the unvaccinated, segregating them is pointless.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated
Rather than openly admit that the vaccines are garbage, the left and this administration are obfuscating data around their effectiveness. When they should be investing in developing a far better vaccine, they're forcing it in triplet without trial to everyone instead. It's completely reckless.

This is, perhaps, the worst Presidency of my lifetime next to only GWB and it's only 7 months in. I hate to see what 3.5 more years brings.

MrTop

EOG Master
thank god they will have masks on in texas when i get in for the cowboy game. My tickets just increased in value. Hopefully they will ok 2 or maybe 3 masks to be worn by the time i get in with the family.

MrTop

EOG Master
Parts of the U.S. Northeast may be near the peak of the latest Covid-19 wave, though there are still key areas of concern. Hospitalizations and deaths are likely to mount in the weeks to come.

all be done for football

mr merlin

EOG Master
So the time of the year when the northeast typically starts seeing surges is when you think it will all be over for them?

Uhh. Ok.
That was the media report today - hooray the NE may be peaking, no mention that the south has peaked, no, no, gotta keep the hysteria about them going.