Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

billysink

EOG Dedicated
So the state should shut down because Detroit has a problem? Since no countries have tested, traced, and modeled it correctly yet not much is getting done.

I’ll ask you again Billy, - if its your business shut down in a safer area and you cant get help, what are you doing? Be happy you’re losing everything?

I don't get this logic at all. There is a pandemic hot spot 400 miles away with no restriction on travel or social distancing.

Are you safe? Is is prudent to congregate with your gun on the doorsteps of the legislature?

Or should you stay in until the hot spot tests out?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Almost no deaths today, positives declining as well since we've doubled testing in the last couple weeks.

All good news.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
We can't afford to stay home any longer so we are now safe.

We need to work so what if we get sick and can't work. Or our workplace goes contageous.

We could have waited two more weeks for a test our president said was widely available. Instead we took a shot.

The land of the free and the home of the ...........

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't get this logic at all. There is a pandemic hot spot 400 miles away with no restriction on travel or social distancing.

Are you safe? Is is prudent to congregate with your gun on the doorsteps of the legislature?

Or should you stay in until the hot spot tests out?

Yeah, metro detroit should stay in, not escanaba or traverse city. That is on the governors for not making the cities stay quaranteed. Every one messed up.

You've avoided the question three times now. If you had a business in a non-affected area, are you happy to lose everything?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Are these people selfish? From the Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine FB Page:

Joey Peterson

·
Dear Governor, I would like you to explain how you have the right to destroy small businesses after we have followed your instructions for 60 days and now another 30 days of similar guidelines. My wife and I own a small restaurant and lounge in the Ogemaw and Iosco county area. These counties have an infection rate of less than 1/3 of one percent of our counties population. We need to be open to survive, it is that simple. You could not even delay our food license renewal of 500.00 for 30 days to help. I could go on and on, but I won't. Why don't you give me a call I sure would like to talk.

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
Still a 3.

Was a 3, six weeks ago. A 3 last week. Probably a 3 a couple weeks from now.

Most like a 1 within a couple of months.

Still 9.5 with the economy. Holding STRONG there.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Yeah, metro detroit should stay in, not escanaba or traverse city. That is on the governors for not making the cities stay quaranteed. Every one messed up.

You've avoided the question three times now. If you had a business in a non-affected area, are you happy to lose everything?

No but happy to have my health if I did.

You said it yourself, your wellbeing is now jeopardized by rich folk from Chicago. Not if you stay in.

What is the only thing that keeps a non affected area from becoming an affected area?

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I just watched footage of the Michigan demonstrations. Most of those folk don't give a fukk about anything but conspiracy theories, showing force with their guns and stirring up shit.

They will be a force to be reckoned with right about never.

I just watched footage of the Michigan demonstrations. Most of those folk don't give a fukk about anything but conspiracy theories, showing force with their guns and stirring up shit.

They will be a force to be reckoned with right about never.
They bring their guns and Antifa leaves them alone.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
No but happy to have my health if I did.

You said it yourself, your wellbeing is now jeopardized by rich folk from Chicago. Not if you stay in.

What is the only thing that keeps a non affected area from becoming an affected area?
Actually I'm an essential employee so it really doesn't affect me. It does affect too many others though. The media controls the message.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don’t know who the original author is, but this is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

I'll just leave this here

Dear Governor Gretchen Whitmer,
While I live in the same state as you, I feel a world away. You asked us to help you, we did. You asked us to close our business, we did. You asked us to stay home, we did. You asked us to continue to stay at home, we are. So here I am, at home, waiting. You told us don’t worry unemployment will come, it hasn’t. You told us don’t worry grants are coming, they haven’t. You told us don’t worry forgivable loans are coming, they haven’t. So here I am, at home waiting. I wait alongside my coworkers, family and friends, small business owners, the self-employed and the independent contractors. A massive number of Michigan residents who are waiting for the Unemployment portal to open for us, waiting for loan approvals, waiting for stimulus checks. All of these programs, we are at the back of the line for. So here we wait. While bills come daily, savings continuously dwindling and still doing our part. It is time you do yours. It is an inconceivable expectation to close unessential business halting all income and expect us to survive. We need to pay our bills and put food on the table. Without immediate action, you are leaving us no options. How are we to survive? We deserve an answer. Coming soon is no longer acceptable!!!

I do not find your baseless claims to be “keeping us safe” to be factually or scientifically valid in any way. You have chosen to offer no evidence that either the science or medical facts support your executive actions. We have every right to expect that from you. The protection of our Constitutional freedoms require that much from you.

Please join me in sending this message to Governor #GretchenWhitmer
Copy and paste and keep this going! Till she hears us!
#governorWhitmer

mr merlin

EOG Master
i saw a poll that said 29% of people say they'll never take a covid vaccine, with 50% saying they'd wait at least 6 months(to see if it's safe).

Those blue states sure are going to be shutdown for a long time.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Do you mind posting your source? I did read a headline that Friday was the highest death toll day so far in the country
Just stop , we're 7 weeks into this and you cant find a source for tracking deaths? I cant fix stupid.

Yesterday's death toll was 1691, friday was 1897, thur was 2201

Just think if the internet or power grid went to hell this summer.

DING DING DING

That’s why it’s sooooo stupid to keep spending outrageous amounts on military and not enough on intelligence and cyber security.

A Cyber war would make this pandemic look like a relaxing picnic

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
DING DING DING

That’s why it’s sooooo stupid to keep spending outrageous amounts on military and not enough on intelligence and cyber security.

A Cyber war would make this pandemic look like a relaxing picnic
If it’s not our top priority, it should be 1A.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

kane

EOG master
Come on, Heisenberg. You're better than this. I even googled "Over 5,200 United States Coronavirus deaths May 2nd" just to see if some conspiracy nut job website was posting it. I got zilch.

You've got more than enough factual material to call Merlin and Raiders out on without having to resort to pure fiction.

If Heisey's numbers were off, I can assure you it was an honest mistake on his part, with so many different numbers flying around it's very easy to misread something, there's no chance he would intentionally post a bad number, anyone familiar with him should know this

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
If Heisey's numbers were off, I can assure you it was an honest mistake on his part, with so many different numbers flying around it's very easy to misread something, there's no chance he would intentionally post a bad number, anyone familiar with him should know this

I agree with you, which is why I was stunned to see him post this.

Come on, Heisenberg. You're better than this. I even googled "Over 5,200 United States Coronavirus deaths May 2nd" just to see if some conspiracy nut job website was posting it. I got zilch.

You've got more than enough factual material to call Merlin and Raiders out on without having to resort to pure fiction.

I did inadvertently look at the world #’s for the day-I’m not going to purposely deceive

It’s not the first error I’ve made here but unlike many others I consider myself to have enough intellectual honesty to own them.