Vegas Sucks Now!!!

blueline

EOG Master
thats some kind of chicken nachos at the sportsbar in Fontainebleau.......over $20.....you do get 6 tortilla chips..........saw a hotdog w/fries that was also over $20

Heim

EOG Master
I'm trying to reconcile these high prices with Caesars losing 50 million for this last quarter, inclusive is 20 million in sports for November.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I went to vegas 3 times last year, didn't visit the strip once, charging $20+ to park, bad rules, sky high food and drinks, crazy resort fee's...no thanks.

Geez, that "pile" of nachos is funny . . . at Nacho Daddy here in town, you get a mountain of chips with all kinds of meat, cheese, etc. covering the mountain.

And I think you still can get a hot dog for maybe just a couple of bucks or so -- it's been a a while, but it wasn't twenty bucks -- over at the hot dog cart by the book at South Point.

The whole micro-sized meal trend in haute cuisine -- basically everywhere over the past few decades, not just here -- really is ridiculous.

I wound up eating at the bar with the game on at the Edge Steakhouse over at Westgate when they had that -- also ridiculous -- Peacock streaming only game. I did a double-take when they brought me my steak -- at first, I thought it was an appetizer or one of those chef lagniappe things it was so small.

Seems the more you pay the less you get these days.

But six chips???

That should be on that "C'mon Man" segment on I think it's ESPN (when they're not talking politics).

blueline

EOG Master
I get it if you're going to a celebrity restaurant or some other " high-end" place.....you know you are going to overpay....this was the sportsbar....ridiculous

Indeed . . . when I referred to an "expensive taste" a few posts back, I didn't realize that "a taste" literally was all that you got in that swanky-styled sports book and bar.

Good thing that I didn't stop for an, uh, bite when I did the walk through the other day. Would have left hungry.

Heim

EOG Master
At the Silverton yesterday. Book closed for Circa entry. Small auxillary book in the back.

I know Cantor was paying 50k a month, I wonder if the the price tag became too steep for William Hill?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
THANK GOD theres no ketchup on that hot dog..that drives me nuts

First time ever in NYC: March, 1991. I made it a goal to eat a few slices of NY pizza AND get a dog from a cart.

I get my pizza. I like putting parmesan cheese on my pizza. I see a shaker and figure it is parmesan cheese and sprinkle it all over my pizza. NOPE! NOT PC - but garlic salt! I threw away that piece and got another one.

I get to a cart and before ordering I stand back and watch others do it so I do it the right way. I watch a few and now it is my turn. I step up to the cart and tell the guy: I want a dog with kraut, mustard and ketchup. Guy asks me if I am from California? I say I am and ask how he knew. He tells me..........ketchup. I laughed at that but he was right. I still get both on my dog.

Heim

EOG Master
Was in Vegas last week for a family reunion. They reserved rooms at the Luxor 🤷

Ridiculous food prices, a dump yes but still a MGM property.

Valet now $40 a day. Naturally raised for SB.

Paid $17 for a six inch sub. $10.50 for a slice of pizza. This is Luxor that charges $19 for rooms on weekdays 😅

mr merlin

EOG Master
Was in Vegas last week for a family reunion. They reserved rooms at the Luxor 🤷

Ridiculous food prices, a dump yes but still a MGM property.

Valet now $40 a day. Naturally raised for SB.

Paid $17 for a six inch sub. $10.50 for a slice of pizza. This is Luxor that charges $19 for rooms on weekdays 😅
You dont have to pay those prices, go to F'N mcdonalds.

Heim

EOG Master
You dont have to pay those prices, go to F'N mcdonalds.

It's a hassle at these big hotels especially when you valet. Plus there's still a lot of
construction around Strip and Mandalay Bay Drive. In essence, you're a captive audience.

Moreover, have you checked McDonald's prices lately? Some are charging 6 bucks for hash browns.

blueline

EOG Master
It's a hassle at these big hotels especially when you valet. Plus there's still a lot of
construction around Strip and Mandalay Bay Drive. In essence, you're a captive audience.

Moreover, have you checked McDonald's prices lately? Some are charging 6 bucks for hash browns.

I eat McD breakfast.....rarely lunch/dinner menu.......Egg McMuffin value meal last year in upstate NY was almost $13.....there's a McD on I-5 maybe 50 miles north of LA the prices are obscene

mr merlin

EOG Master

I stay downtown in vegas, their prices are basically the same as by me, you can use the app too and save. i think I had a sausage mcmuffin(which is their cheapest item) for like $2, it's food, it'll get you going for a few hours till lunch or dinner. I get most of my calories in vegas from alcohol.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I eat McD breakfast.....rarely lunch/dinner menu.......Egg McMuffin value meal last year in upstate NY was almost $13.....there's a McD on I-5 maybe 50 miles north of LA the prices are obscene

It's Called INFLATION , Under Joe Biden.

But You're Not Quite Educated Enough, To Comprehend Things Like That.

Heim

EOG Master
I had a economics professor in college say, if you want to know how/what the economy is doing follow McDonald's pricing. We chuckled but it's true.

blueline

EOG Master
Dug into pics from an previous cellphone:

plain biscuit 2.89...can get it for 1.25 or less most other locations
3 pancakes nothing else7.29
sausage and egg biscuit 6.89
6pc nugget 6.49

by contrast around that same time I could get the egg mcmuffin meal in indiana and missouri for under $5.....there must be some local costs involved but its price gouging

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
went down hill after the stardust

I loooooooooooooooooooooved the Stardust and I know I was not alone. Loved watching games there and being able to dash out the side door to Slots o' Fun and get a 99-cent, 1/2 pound hot dog and watch CFB games on Saturday or NFL games on a Sunday and be good to go foodwise. Also loved being able to dash across LV Blvd and to the Riviera in hopes of getting a better line there.

Back then the payphones just outside the Stardust door would be packed most football Saturday and Sundays with the runners calling their money man to see what he wanted on the game(s) they were sent to bet. It was also amazing to see the massive board open up and someone climb a ladder to manually change a number on a game.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Resort fees and parking fees didn't help either. 6/5, no full pay games, high priced food, even making comped drinks harder to get was the coup de gras.
This is sad to witness.
Before you could sit at a machine and play quarter pulls and get drinks anytime if you sat at a bar

Now machines have a light indicating how much is being played and when a drink can be comped

It's not going back since the people keep coming no matter what the costs

mr merlin

EOG Master
This is sad to witness.
Before you could sit at a machine and play quarter pulls and get drinks anytime if you sat at a bar

Now machines have a light indicating how much is being played and when a drink can be comped

It's not going back since the people keep coming no matter what the costs
I still go but it's mostly downtown where you can still get drinks like in the past, even there it's not as good as in the past however.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Resort fees and parking fees didn't help either. 6/5, no full pay games, high priced food, even making comped drinks harder to get was the coup de gras.
Was looking at the Strat’s website since they are really advertising a lot, $11 for a beer. If they are $11, what is Caesers charging?