NBA Playoffs...

Love might get some run tonight.

Forward Caleb Martin missed practice because of an illness that the team lists as a head issue; he’s listed as questionable for Game 2.

And center Cody Zeller (right foot sprain) is listed as questionable for Game 2.

As for Martin, he’s averaging 13.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and shooting 44 percent on three pointers in the playoffs. If he’s limited on Sunday, the Heat could turn to Kevin Love (who might get minutes regardless) and Haywood Highsmith, who scored 18 points in Game 2.
kane doing the back crawl on Love. Zeller should never be playing more minutes than Love hurt or healthy.

Last edited:
Haywood Highsmith as Kane mentioned, of all people, scored 18 off the bench but most of it with the game already decided. I anticipate him as well as Love will see more minutes in quality if Martin is still not doing better. I still have that 8-0 Denver run fresh in my mind starting the 4th as I had to sweat out my pick in the final couple of minutes.

Miami needs to hit more efficiently from the perimeter if they can't penetrate to the basket and get to the ft line with the size disadvantage. 2 free throws isn't going to get it done. Denver got the scoring they needed with their core four and Brown. However, we know Jokic will end up with his triple double, but the team must maintain dictating tempo to score the ball more efficiently, particularly with Gordon and Porter. Bam will steer clear of the joker, but if Denver doesn't play a more consistent offense going up and down the floor and a better shooting effort from beyond the arc, Miami will make game 2 closer if they can get to the line while hitting high pct shots with a collective defensive effort. The Nuggets shot 51% overall, but credit the Heat defense holding them to just 30% from 3.
Looks like Highsmith will get a lot of time but he's never been a scorer.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Looks like Highsmith will get a lot of time but he's never been a scorer.
He doesn't have much experience but did play short minutes in 55 games during the regular season. He definitely earned another look and could bookend quarters late and early.

jimmythegreek

Night and day the Miami ball movement and getting to the ft line attacking the hoop due to the benefit of silly Denver perimeter fouls.

Jokic could net 45 at this rate but in a losing effort.

Heim

EOG Master
Jokic lowers that shoulder, bull in a china shop...bodies go flying, not one offensive foul. Lowry lowers the shoulder one time on Jokic, foul.

Heim

EOG Master
Night and day the Miami ball movement and getting to the ft line attacking the hoop due to the benefit of silly Denver perimeter fouls.

Jokic could net 45 at this rate but in a losing effort.

They did it without a superman effort by Butler 👏👏

Circa closed 7.5.

jimmythegreek

They did it without a superman effort by Butler 👏👏

Circa closed 7.5.
But the major difference. Butler was the distributor. Jokic wasn't, held to just 4 assists. And as the lead waned, f you weren't Jokic, you were one and done. Denver lost their composure as their lead disappeared.

You could feel the altitude thining out with DR hitting those early 4th quarter threes.

Jokic lowers that shoulder, bull in a china shop...bodies go flying, not one offensive foul. Lowry lowers the shoulder one time on Jokic, foul.
I didn't see any Jokic charges not called. Joker's similar to Shaq. They are so big and strong that it's tough to figure out.

Heim

EOG Master
Denver does a good job guarding the three despite tonight. However their defense really breaks down on penetration. Miami had their way in the paint on P&Rs and dives to the hoop.

kane

EOG master
Interesting. Denver is 0-3 in playoffs when Jokic scores 40+....
Before the series I said the key to having a chance against them is to force Jokic into being a scorer, game one he had 14 assists, game two only 4, he's the best passer in the league, and when he's getting a high amount of assists, that means the others are getting involved, let him eat all he wants but limit guys like MPJ, Gordon, and KCP

kane

EOG master
The Heat have been dogs of 8 or more 11 times in the postseason, they're 7-4 SU, and those wins have come against Milw, Bost, and Denver, which makes it all the more amazing

Before the series I said the key to having a chance against them is to force Jokic into being a scorer, game one he had 14 assists, game two only 4, he's the best passer in the league, and when he's getting a high amount of assists, that means the others are getting involved, let him eat all he wants but limit guys like MPJ, Gordon, and KCP
It happened that way but it wasn't the game plan. At least that's my take from post game conference. Miami didn't change the game plan, they still helped on Jokic. The difference was that Miami matched up on defense better and Miami buried their 3s.

Last edited:
Denver wasn't able to get a bigger guy, exclude Joker, to back down the little guy as they did in game 1 where they just threw it to the low post.

Heim

EOG Master
I didn't see any Jokic charges not called. Joker's similar to Shaq. They are so big and strong that it's tough to figure out.

I have no problem with him using his size to gain advantage inside, bigger guys always try and exploit that, it's when he
swings his elbow and forearm into a defensive player chest to gain space that should be called.

kane

EOG master
Lakers are rumored to match any offer sheet up to 100 million for Austin Reaves. Not sure if it's 4 or 5 years.

Really!? I like his game but 20-25 million per for Reaves!?

Momma put a ball in your kids hands and direct him to the three point line.
If Reeves is looking at that kind of money, how much will Gabe Vincent command, he's a better player and plays a more important position

Heim

EOG Master
Malone really pissed postgame at defensive effort. Look for total to dip even lower by tip-off.

railbird

EOG Master
The Heat have been dogs of 8 or more 11 times in the postseason, they're 7-4 SU, and those wins have come against Milw, Bost, and Denver, which makes it all the more amazing
It happened that way but it wasn't the game plan. At least that's my take from post game conference. Miami didn't change the game plan, they still helped on Jokic. The difference was that Miami matched up on defense better and Miami buried their 3s.
spew had not choice but to play Love due to injury, Love was the mvp of the game due to his passing and defense, he also had the best plus minus in the game by far. denver effort was subpar and refs gave miami every 50-50 call the entire game because they want a long series. denver will win game 3, miami is underrated but so is denver

spew had not choice but to play Love due to injury, Love was the mvp of the game due to his passing and defense, he also had the best plus minus in the game by far. denver effort was subpar and refs gave miami every 50-50 call the entire game because they want a long series. denver will win game 3, miami is underrated but so is denver
It didn't have anything to do with injury, it was the right move. Spo made a huge mistake game 1.

kane

EOG master
He didn't play Love because of injury. He played Love because it was the right move.
Raiders, first off credit to you for calling for Love to start, but you wanted him in for Strus, that was never happening, I can't say for sure, but I think the reason he started over Martin was due to Martin's recent illness, he's been the Heat's best player in the playoffs besides Jimmy, he scored 2 points in game one and didn't play with his usual energy, so Love starting might have had to do with Spo wanting more size, but some of it probably had to do with Martin being ill, last night he only scored 3, that's a total of 5 points in two games for a guy who's been their second best player, it ended up being a good move since the Heat played great during his minutes, so I give you credit for suggesting it

Last edited:
Raiders, first off credit to you for calling for Love to start, but you wanted him in for Strus, that was never happening, I can't say for sure, but I think the reason he started over Martin was due to Martin's recent illness, he's been the Heat's best player in the playoffs besides Jimmy, he scored 2 points in game one and didn't play with his usual energy, so Love starting might have had to do with Spo wanting more size, but some of it probably had to do with Martin being ill, last night he only scored 3, that's a total of 5 points in two games for a guy who's been they're second best player, it ended up being a good move since the Heat played great during his minutes, so I give you credit for suggesting it
They played the same amount of minutes so it wasn't injury. 22 and 21.