NBA Playoffs...

kane

EOG master
Let's see, Spo coached circles around Mazzulla in their last series, almost got him fired like he did Bud, but Boston won games 4,5, and 6, so of course that must mean that Spo was out coached by Mazzulla in those games, right? LMAO

Let's see, Spo coached circles around Mazzulla in their last series, almost got him fired like he did Bud, but Boston won games 4,5, and 6, so of course that must mean that Spo was out coached by Mazzulla in those games, right? LMAO
Results are irrelevant. Who was the better coach game 1?

kane

EOG master
Why isn't Love starting?
Love hasn't been starting due to the outstanding play of Caleb Martin, Spo replaced Love with Martin in the SL, Martin came up one vote shy of winning the ECF's MVP, he's been their second best player in the playoffs

kane

EOG master
That's why Malone was the better coach. Screw results, Love should have started.
So Spo should have benched their second best player in the playoffs to start Kevin Love. I understand that you know more about basketball than Spo, I get that you know more about the Heat and their players than Spo, I get all of that, but as crazy as it sounds, I think I'm gonna have to go with whatever Spo thinks is best for the team

kane

EOG master
Ever since Love got here, Spo has been using him sometimes as a starter, sometimes off the bench, and sometimes not at all, it's mostly matchup dependent, Spo is the best coach in the league, I'll trust his judgement, with Martin being ill and possibly not playing, that might mean minutes for Love

Ever since Love got here, Spo has been using him sometimes as a starter, sometimes off the bench, and sometimes not at all, it's mostly matchup dependent, Spo is the best coach in the league, I'll trust his judgement, with Martin being ill and possibly not playing, that might mean minutes for Love
So you did Spo's recap of game 1 before the game again Malone or Spo, better coach game 1?

Last edited:
Coaching

Michael Malone met the moment with a coaching masterclass to open the NBA Finals. Miami decided to take away Jokic shooting opportunities in the first half? That's fine. Move the chess pieces, find the open man and bury your opponent. That's exactly what the Nuggets did to take a 1-0 series lead. Malone is unapologetic in calling Miami the greatest test his team has faced all season. I'm not sure that's true on paper. But it's clear that players have bought into his message.

Grade: A

kane

EOG master
Just because a team loses, it doesn't mean they got out coached, when you have a height and size disadvantage like the Heat has, there's just so much a coach can do. You won't find anyone who thinks Malone is a better coach than Spo, and assuming Denver goes on to win the series, it still won't change the fact that Malone isn't a better coach

kane

EOG master
LOL, here's the guy who wrote the article

Kyle Fredrickson, The Gazette (Colorado Springs, Colo.)
Great, a writer who covers the Nuggets gave Malone an "A" because Jokic is the best passer in the league and is always able to find the open man

So Spo should have benched their second best player in the playoffs to start Kevin Love. I understand that you know more about basketball than Spo, I get that you know more about the Heat and their players than Spo, I get all of that, but as crazy as it sounds, I think I'm gonna have to go with whatever Spo thinks is best for the team
Strus

Just because a team loses, it doesn't mean they got out coached, when you have a height and size disadvantage like the Heat has, there's just so much a coach can do. You won't find anyone who thinks Malone is a better coach than Spo, and assuming Denver goes on to win the series, it still won't change the fact that Malone isn't a better coach
Everyone but you would say Malone was the better coach game 1.

kane

EOG master
This is what the Nuggets homer said

National television pundits holding out on the Nuggets bandwagon are running out of excuses to pick against Denver.

WTF is he talking about? Everyone is picking Denver to win, the only two people in the country picking Miami is Skip Bayless and Dell

kane

EOG master
celtics dont have a center. heat beat 3 overrated teams
They beat the team with the best record in the league, they beat the team with the second best record in the league, you know as much about the NBA as you do spelling

kane

EOG master
Love might get some run tonight.

Forward Caleb Martin missed practice because of an illness that the team lists as a head issue; he’s listed as questionable for Game 2.

And center Cody Zeller (right foot sprain) is listed as questionable for Game 2.

As for Martin, he’s averaging 13.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and shooting 44 percent on three pointers in the playoffs. If he’s limited on Sunday, the Heat could turn to Kevin Love (who might get minutes regardless) and Haywood Highsmith, who scored 18 points in Game 2.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Haywood Highsmith as Kane mentioned, of all people, scored 18 off the bench but most of it with the game already decided. I anticipate him as well as Love will see more minutes in quality if Martin is still not doing better. I still have that 8-0 Denver run fresh in my mind starting the 4th as I had to sweat out my pick in the final couple of minutes.

Miami needs to hit more efficiently from the perimeter if they can't penetrate to the basket and get to the ft line with the size disadvantage. 2 free throws isn't going to get it done. Denver got the scoring they needed with their core four and Brown. However, we know Jokic will end up with his triple double, but the team must maintain dictating tempo to score the ball more efficiently, particularly with Gordon and Porter. Bam will steer clear of the joker, but if Denver doesn't play a more consistent offense going up and down the floor and a better shooting effort from beyond the arc, Miami will make game 2 closer if they can get to the line while hitting high pct shots with a collective defensive effort. The Nuggets shot 51% overall, but credit the Heat defense holding them to just 30% from 3.

Last edited: