EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (VALUIST is our December contestant)

Valuist

EOG Master
Dell, good call on the Lions score. Pretty close.

What was the issue with the Cavs/Spurs play? I screen shot the Pinnacle line from this morning.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
VALUIST stands at 6-5 after 11 documented plays.

Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Valuist

EOG Master
I bet Cleveland/San Antonio Under 223 1/2 last night at Bookmaker.eu. Pinnacle didn't have it up. They put it up today at 220 1/2. Pinnacle doesn't make it easy.

Cleveland/San Antonio under 220 1/2. I don't like the MNF game tonight and didn't have time to look at the college bb card. I rarely bet NBA but I do have an angle on this game.

View attachment 7467646
Pinnacle doesn’t make it easy. My actual bet won by a half point, but the contest play lost by 2.5 as the game landed 223.

Valuist

EOG Master
6-5 after 11 plays.

Green Bay/St Thomas Over 138. Two of the worst defensive teams in college basketball. I think St Thomas can get close to 80 here, and Green Bay mid 60s.

1670934815213.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
JK pulling an Isiah Thomas game 6, 1988 NBA Finals by courageously updating Valuist's record and reposting rules while on vacation in Tica.

Momma there goes that man!

Valuist

EOG Master
7-5 thru 12 plays

La Tech/Stephen F Austin Over 146 (-110)

This one (so far) has been bet downward, which I find surprising. Both teams pretty fast tempo (49th and 84th) and both teams absolutely terrible at guarding the 3, while both teams solid at shooting 3s. So the open looks should be there. And with the spread at 5, we could see some late game foul a rama.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
7-5 thru 12 plays

La Tech/Stephen F Austin Over 146 (-110)

This one (so far) has been bet downward, which I find surprising. Both teams pretty fast tempo (49th and 84th) and both teams absolutely terrible at guarding the 3, while both teams solid at shooting 3s. So the open looks should be there. And with the spread at 5, we could see some late game foul a rama.

Final score: 80-79, SFA, in overtime.

8-5

Valuist

EOG Master
Not a big card today in CBB. One NFL game but gonna pass on that. I'm looking at the Seattle/Oregon State game. Going Under 136 here. Oregon State is a very slow tempo team and so far, Duke, Florida, USC and Texas A & M had their lowest possession games against Oregon State. Seattle isn't slow, but still out of top 100 in tempo so I think Oregon State will get the tempo to its liking. Seattle has won in slower tempo games so I think they will oblige.

1671107556347.png

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a big card today in CBB. One NFL game but gonna pass on that. I'm looking at the Seattle/Oregon State game. Going Under 136 here. Oregon State is a very slow tempo team and so far, Duke, Florida, USC and Texas A & M had their lowest possession games against Oregon State. Seattle isn't slow, but still out of top 100 in tempo so I think Oregon State will get the tempo to its liking. Seattle has won in slower tempo games so I think they will oblige.

View attachment 7467658

Excellent use of the word "oblige."

Track announcer John Dooley would agree with your word choice.

Valuist

EOG Master
The Wisconsin game feels like a statpadder. Think of all the BS you have to go thru to play there; God forbid you shoot the ball with more than 5 seconds on the shot clock. Then all the 61-57 slogfests in B10 play. With 10 days off and an overmatched opponent who likes to play fast, this feels like the game where Badger players save their energy for the offensive end. In a similar game last year, they nearly lost outright to Nichols State at home.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

View attachment 7467658

Another documented winner for VALUIST.

Final score: 73-58, Oregon State.

9-5

Valuist

EOG Master
Yeah tough spot Miami. GL
3rd straight road game, short week and going into likely 20 degree temps. Tua hasn't played a college or pro game in temps below 37. And I have felt Miami has a strong HFA when teams go into the heat/humidity. And to not take advantage of an injury ravaged Charger D?

Dell Dude

EOG Master
That posted. I'm going with Miami because I need Miami to win the division. Hopefully Tua can pull it together.