EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (VALUIST is our December contestant)

Valuist

EOG Master
You have to make 30 plays unless 60% or better is guaranteed even if the remainder are counted as losses. Thus 16-10 would be counted as 16-14 with 4 losses by forfeit.

This is a pretty obvious condition, since otherwise once you got 60% or better, you could just quit, say at 1-0, 2-1, 3-2, 6-3, etc.

Note without Rule #7, once you got 6 more wins than losses and an even # of games left, you could just select both sides of a game to guarantee 60% (possibly even one side one minute before midnight and the other side one minute after midnight).
What about pushes? What if one went 17-11-2?

Valuist

EOG Master
I'm no Justin 7 but 1 plus 4 plus 1 minus December 9 is 3 missing plays which is probably not not good when you need 18 wins in 31 days.
What about plays made in advance? I have 2 NFL plays posted for Sunday and Georgia over Ohio St Dec 31. That’s the 3 “missing” plays.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Adding two NFL plays.
Raiders -6 (-109) for Thursday night
Cincinnati -6 (-105) for Sunday

That's a wrap boys. 2 cups, 1 poster. This should be declared a miscontest and Valuist given January. Dereliction of JK duty has consequences. Woody alerted me 2X of my illegal entries in his conference championships contest and because of that I was kane and able to post a legal ticket and won. Valuist posts 2 plays and JK is sleeping.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
What about plays made in advance? I have 2 NFL plays posted for Sunday and Georgia over Ohio St Dec 31. That’s the 3 “missing” plays.

My understanding is that one play is posted during each calendar day. Any posted play today is acceptable as long as the game occurs before January 1st.

Since December has 31 days you have one skip day this month.

You weren't following the rules when you were trying to post a play before December began.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Two plays were posted December 3rd followed by a few days altogether being skipped.

Good luck still with getting the money Valuist, but December's posted plays appear to be a dog's breakfast.

Don't worry DD. CB will be here at month's end if/when necessary to explain the rules and scoring.

Valuist

EOG Master
Touching the 3rd rail here. Going to play over in Army/Navy. Before anyone wants to lecture on the streak of unders, the total was never this low. And much of that streak was based on totals in the 40s. Over 32 (-106). The guys who make the lines aren't stupid. They have adjusted.

1670688809066.png

Valuist

EOG Master
Here's all the closing totals for Army/Navy since 2006, per Covers numbers:

2006: 50
2007: 64 1/2
2008: 43
2009: 41
2010: 52 1/2
2011: 55
2012: 55 1/2
2013: 49 1/2
2014: 55 1/2
2015: 50
2016: 46 1/2
2017: 44 1/2
2018: 38 1/2
2019: 41 1/2
2020: 36
2021: 35 1/2

Bookmaker.eu was dealing a 31 1/2.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

You can make as many plays in advance as are valid, i.e. qualifying side or total, line available @ Pinny and played by the end of the month, limited to one pick a day.

So picking the Raiders and Bengals on the same day isn't valid. Since it was the second pick, in the future, the Bengals pick would be "rolled over" until the next day and entered if the line is still <= -110. Since it was still available the next day, the Bengals -6 selection stands. However, it is really much better to just wait a day to make multiple selections.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
You can make as many plays in advance as are valid, i.e. qualifying side or total, line available @ Pinny and played by the end of the month, limited to one pick a day.

So picking the Raiders and Bengals on the same day isn't valid. Since it was the second pick, in the future, the Bengals pick would be "rolled over" until the next day and entered if the line is still <= -110. Since it was still available the next day, the Bengals -6 selection stands. However, it is really much better to just wait a day to make multiple selections.
Ok

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am glad you are enjoying yourself, JK. Why should you let your job get in the Christopher Wray of a fun and relaxing Costa Tica vacay. Live it up. Fake JK has got this!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You have a chance. Need some overtime Magic Johnson. JK at least probably will have a happy ending non game related.

Valuist

EOG Master
3-4 after the Army/Navy game.

Rant time: WTF was Navy doing all game long? You are facing 8 man fronts all game long and were either too scared or too stubborn to adapt and try to throw. Yes, we know Navy will always run a lot more than they throw, but when you are 3rd and 10 against an 8 man front and your response is an off tackle dive, the elevator isn't going to the top floor.

So they finally take a chance and throw in the first OT and it resulted in a TD. Not only a TD, but no defender within 10 yards of the receiver.

Valuist

EOG Master
Going to add Minnesota/Detroit Over 51 1/2 (-105)

Detroit has been better allowing under 20 in 3 of L5 but they've got some injury issues on D, and Minnesota D is just not good at all. Vikings have allowed 5.9 YPP or worse in each of their last 4 games, and allowed over 400 yards in each of those 4 games.

1670770399655.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Lions are for real, Valuist. But because they are the Lions, prolly too little too late. They can defly pass 1 team but they need to pass 2. All those Tony Homo losses go end up costing them. Geno loss may be the j dagger. But today they expose this year's edition of the Cousins lie.

Lions 46- 24

Stevo

EOG Senior Member
Nice circling back in + money. Time to go on a run and take it down.

This contest is so cruel at times over the years to the player.

I don’t know why Dell would wanna play in this thing. nothing but pain for most. But if you do good luck. There is pride but dude you don’t need that. How many picks you giving out?

and good luck to you valuist

Valuist

EOG Master
I bet Cleveland/San Antonio Under 223 1/2 last night at Bookmaker.eu. Pinnacle didn't have it up. They put it up today at 220 1/2. Pinnacle doesn't make it easy.

Cleveland/San Antonio under 220 1/2. I don't like the MNF game tonight and didn't have time to look at the college bb card. I rarely bet NBA but I do have an angle on this game.

1670848600261.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
JK avoids working as well as Dr. Grouchy avoids answering questions under oath. I'm going to have to make the call. Valuist has under 220.5 Cleveland/San Antonio tonight.