EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (VALUIST is our December contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Imagine having Miami moneyline and the under. Miami led 61-53 with one minute left. Miami holds on, and the under barely held too, despite the 16 points in the final minute.

Back to the gridiron.

Air Force + 3 1/2 (-107)
View attachment 7467691

Everything going right early in the game.

AFA wins the coin toss and defers.

Baylor with a three-and-out to start the game.

FlyBoys then go 55 yards in 15 plays to record the game's first touchdown.

Only negative: PAT was blocked.

Current score: 6-0, AFA, with 5:14 left in the first quarter.

AFA now -2.5 in live wagering.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Mr. K having a little holiday cheer in his own way.

Happy holidays, CHEAP.

Celebrating a shrewd play by VALUIST.

Halftime score: 9-7, Air Force.

Score after three quarters: 23-7, Air Force.

Troy Calhoun's team this season has now outscored its opponents 107-19 in the third quarter.

Yowza!

Valuist

EOG Master
I wish they were all that easy. Bowl game.....extremely unseasonably cold weather. Absolute perfect setup for Air Force.

13-8

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (ONE PLAY PER DAY) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
VALUIST, you need to read the rules of the contest.

Specifically, Rule #1.

You did not post a play on Thursday, December 22.

The inquiry sign is lit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I wish they were all that easy. Bowl game.....extremely unseasonably cold weather. Absolute perfect setup for Air Force.

13-8

Twenty-one plays documented.

Nine plays remaining.

Georgia -6.5 is in the hopper.

Keep winning, VALUIST.

However, you must post a play EVERY day over the next eight days.

You will be disqualified, if you don't follow the rules.

Got it?

Valuist

EOG Master
Twenty-one plays documented.

Nine plays remaining.

Georgia -6.5 is in the hopper.

Keep winning, VALUIST.

However, you must post a play EVERY day over the next eight days.

You will be disqualified, if you don't follow the rules.

Got it?

A play is coming. Been too busy at work (ok working from home) to post. Not fun outside. 2 below zero. Wind chill of 30 below. I tried taking the dog out. Just a total refusal. Ran back up the porch steps.

Valuist

EOG Master
OK, going to take Geo Wash/Pepperdine Over 151 (-105)

Pepperdine does play very uptempo, much different than Geo Wash's recent opponents. They faced Wash St (323 in tempo) before that American (346), Radford (189), South Carolina (334), New Hampshire (316 and UC San Diego (314). Coppin was the only exception but their offensive numbers likely hindered, and their points allowed dressed up from so many slow paced opponents. Then we look at Pepperdine; coming off Hawaii (307), Grand Canyon (329), UCSB (285) and Nevada (241). They are in Hawaii after playing yesterday. I say the D suffers today.

I don't look much at free throw defense as it isn't a skill.....but when you are ranked 1st in free throw D as Geo Wash is, there definitely is some negative regression coming for them. And instead of going 15 for 25 like their opponents have been doing, going forward we will see more 18 or 19 of 25 from the line.

13-8

1671824424139.png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
These are the facts first for the thread historical record. THis is what happens when the contest moderator and grader abandons the contest.

First play was posted November in another thread but Valuist quoted the post in be best. Questionable because technically didn't post December 1 line. It lost so doesn't matter.

12/3, Valuist made a clear 2nd play same Jason Day. Jets/Vikings over which won. Both invalid. Deduct 1 win, deduct 1 loss.

12/4, Valuist did not make a play.

12/6, Valuist again made 2 plays. The 2nd was Georgia vs Michigan which may not happen and even if it does, invalid since January. Valuist's Jet's play won. That unfortunately is invalid. Deduct 1 win. No action Georgia

12/7, Valuist made 2 plays. raiders lost, Cincy won. Both invalid. Deduct 1 win, deduct 1 loss

12/8, no play

12/17 or 12/18 doesn't matter. 2 plays. Both invalid. That's a Jerry killer. Both won. 2 wins deducted.
- Saturday at 9:12 PM -

This was JK's response:

12/22, no play

Dell Dude

EOG Master
With adjustment, Valuist's Truth Social be best record is 8-6. With 9 Jason Days left in December, it is impossible for him to reach the necessary 18 wins.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Computer Bob, guilty please correct me if I am wrong with my be best audit. I'm not exactly the Cyber Pussycat.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
These are the facts first for the thread historical record. THis is what happens when the contest moderator and grader abandons the contest.

First play was posted November in another thread but Valuist quoted the post in be best. Questionable because technically didn't post December 1 line. It lost so doesn't matter.

12/3, Valuist made a clear 2nd play same Jason Day. Jets/Vikings over which won. Both invalid. Deduct 1 win, deduct 1 loss.

12/4, Valuist did not make a play.

12/6, Valuist again made 2 plays. The 2nd was Georgia vs Michigan which may not happen and even if it does, invalid since January. Valuist's Jet's play won. That unfortunately is invalid. Deduct 1 win. No action Georgia

12/7, Valuist made 2 plays. raiders lost, Cincy won. Both invalid. Deduct 1 win, deduct 1 loss

12/8, no play

12/17 or 12/18 doesn't matter. 2 plays. Both invalid. That's a Jerry killer. Both won. 2 wins deducted.
- Saturday at 9:12 PM -

This was JK's response:

12/22, no play

My posting of the Outback Steakhouse slogan ("No Rules, Just Right") was an observation of the proceedings, not an endorsement.

EOG recognizes VALUIST's self-grading record of 13-8.

It's called gambler's honor.

I will root home his final nine selections of the Challenge.

Valuist

EOG Master
Dell,

From now on I while making my selections I will ride a unicycle, rub the top of my head with one hand juggle with the other all while reciting War and Peace.