Who has the best EOG team?

Re: Who has the best EOG team?

Worst part is I feel I cant trade right now. None of my guys have much value until the do something.

It amazes me how people make deals so fast. I spend 20 minutes trying to make it fair, then think I am screwing myself and delete. If I made half the trades some have already made I would have to be here 24/7.

Anything interest you on Team TN?

Timetopay

EOG Master

Worst part is I feel I cant trade right now. None of my guys have much value until the do something.

It amazes me how people make deals so fast. I spend 20 minutes trying to make it fair, then think I am screwing myself and delete. If I made half the trades some have already made I would have to be here 24/7.

Anything interest you on Team TN?

Yeah its hard and defiantely hard to make it equal cause everyone thinks thier own guys are superstars. Ive pulled the trigger a few times and probably should have just stuck to my opening roster.

Yeah lots of guys but we should probably just ride it out I guess.

I guess I just wanted to give my guys a chance. I like my team (even after they hit .200 for the week) just like everyone else does. Im different as I like to see how things start to play out before jumping ship. Some like to forcast the future in trades and there is nothing wrong with that if you are good at it. Some like to jump ship when things are going bad (not such a good choice in my opinion) and some like to sell high and buy low.

In most leagues I have been in there has not been much trading. Mostly only when someone lost somebody to injury and needed replacements. This is a new animal. Not a bad thing, just takes some getting used to. I will probably have as many trades as an of the normal people in this league.

Timetopay

EOG Master

I guess I just wanted to give my guys a chance. I like my team (even after they hit .200 for the week) just like everyone else does. Im different as I like to see how things start to play out before jumping ship. Some like to forcast the future in trades and there is nothing wrong with that if you are good at it. Some like to jump ship when things are going bad (not such a good choice in my opinion) and some like to sell high and buy low.

In most leagues I have been in there has not been much trading. Mostly only when someone lost somebody to injury and needed replacements. This is a new animal. Not a bad thing, just takes some getting used to. I will probably have as many trades as an of the normal people in this league.

lol.

Mo reminds me of a wrestler. Whether the wrestler is a bad guy,good guy,ya like him or dont like him he can draw a crowd and gets reactions.

I would almost willing to bet there may have been one or two trades if Mo wasnt in the league. He has guys trading all their best guys day in and day out. It is kind of nuts but fun.

Joey Bags had no interest in trading and Bamm think he traded 5 guys last night.

Cee no interest in trading and traded his number 1 guy.

Crazy shit

mofome

Banned

this league is wild. people making deals left and right and trying to improve, always something to see. we all talk shit, but i honestly think every team could make the playoffs which is something ive never thought in any other league. every team has something that someone else wants.

week one means nothing. i think bonafacio is the fantasy bases mvp so far and he wasnt even on a roster.

got to make sure you figure out who the good sell high guys are and who the good buy low guys are. sometimes you think you are buying low and all you are getting is a pos. sometimes you think you are selling high and you end up selling someone who has a career year. health, pitching decisions, and some luck with the matchups will be huge. cee loses this week to everyone but rjt, but hes 1-0 and this is a league where records mean everything.

what a week!

mofome

Banned

Interesting from last year

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Pujols, Albert 1B STL </td><td align="left">biggamer</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">624.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Reyes, Jose B. SS NYM </td><td align="left">YOYOMA</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">590.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Wright, David 3B NYM </td><td align="left">tripp</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">578.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Beltran, Carlos CF NYM </td><td align="left">Field Of Dreams</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">575.0</td></tr><tr class="bgFan" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Pedroia, Dustin 2B BOS</td><td align="left"> Timetopay's Stallions</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">567.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Berkman, Lance 1B HOU </td><td align="left">RJ</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">564.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Sizemore, Grady CF CLE </td><td align="left">MadCapper</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">559.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Teixeira, Mark 1B NYY </td><td align="left">The Paper Boys</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">555.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Utley, Chase 2B PHI </td><td align="left">RJ</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">555.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Ramirez, Hanley SS FLA </td><td align="left">The Paper Boys</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">546.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Ramirez, Manny LF LA </td><td align="left">Field Of Dreams</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">535.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">McLouth, Nate CF PIT </td><td align="left">RJ</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">531.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Morneau, Justin 1B MIN </td><td align="left">Field Of Dreams</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">530.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Hamilton, Josh CF TEX </td><td align="left">tripp</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">521.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Holliday, Matt LF OAK </td><td align="left">Field Of Dreams</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">517.0</td></tr><tr class="bg2" valign="center" align="right" height="17"><td class="hoverCell" align="left">Huff, Aubrey 1B BAL</td><td align="left">The Paper Boys</td><td align="right"> </td><td align="right">509.0</td></tr></tbody></table>

Obviously last year means nothing now but. Hamilton did have a kind of a dream season out of nowhere. I cant see a ton of upside there. He was never hurt and had over 600 abs so not like he missed time.

So he was the 14th highest batter last year so pitching not even included. Cant see taking him top 5 or 10 at all.

Hopefully he does better than last year for ya but just think ya gonna have a tough time ever shopping him now that we all kind of figured out the scoring.

tripp is funny claiming an of with less points has more value than a SS with more points.

Upton and miguel cab will be in the top 15 in 09. Looking forward to it. A healthy full season of soriano could be as well.

Holiday loses value in oak.

Kinsler could enter the top 15 now.

will be interesting!

:houra

mofome

Banned

TTP, im more excited about this week than I was last week! I got babe upton back! Im sure he will stink the first 2 weeks back, but come the end of april/may

oij213490

Timetopay

EOG Master

TTP, im more excited about this week than I was last week! I got babe upton back! Im sure he will stink the first 2 weeks back, but come the end of april/may

oij213490

Tripp trying to get Linny and Soria for Babe Hammy and Qualls. :hangt

Chances TTP is ever getting Upton 2%

I have offered 1000 deals and never get my boy.

tripp

EOG Master

Yeah, much much less trading in every other league I've ever been in. Never had even half of the amount of trading done here in the first week. Fun league.

I think my team might be worse from all the trades though. We'll see.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Mo think u gonna end up wrong on this one. Just wish he had 1b ability

Hafner looks like he timed his recovery from shoulder surgery perfectly. After a quiet spring, he came out of the gate with a .300 average and three homers in the first week. He looks like a solid start for all leagues in Fantasy Week 2 (April 13-19) now. Pick him up.

mofome

Banned

Tripp trying to get Linny and Soria for Babe Hammy and Qualls. :hangt

Chances TTP is ever getting Upton 2%

I have offered 1000 deals and never get my boy.

shit he was getting sori too?

:+clueless

you havent made a real offer for upton in a while. the things you sent today were just for fun, i mean i just got raped in those offers which is ok, but not like you really went for upt.

mofome

Banned

Yeah, much much less trading in every other league I've ever been in. Never had even half of the amount of trading done here in the first week. Fun league.

I think my team might be worse from all the trades though. We'll see.

we just have to get to know all the personalities better. I mean some people can criticize me, and they do, but at the same time some people should just know me and know not to take me that seriously. ive calmed on how i reply with the shit talking over the last 2 days. the only negative has been peope getting too worked up about nothing. this league has talented players which is the best part, and its very active. this is the league ive wanted to win more than any other. beating you fucks would be tremendous.

mofome

Banned

Mo think u gonna end up wrong on this one. Just wish he had 1b ability

Hafner looks like he timed his recovery from shoulder surgery perfectly. After a quiet spring, he came out of the gate with a .300 average and three homers in the first week. He looks like a solid start for all leagues in Fantasy Week 2 (April 13-19) now. Pick him up.

ive watched every hafner ab. i am unconcerned. he has shown some pop against gas cans, we'll see. I just cant imagine ever playing him so i go with depth at SP. maybe he'll be good, but i dont need a dh.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Yeah and I countered with Hammy,Gallardo,Qualls for Linny,Soria,Hawpe.

He said no dice. Its cool. He thinks Hammy is gonna be a monster.

we just have to get to know all the personalities better. I mean some people can criticize me, and they do, but at the same time some people should just know me and know not to take me that seriously. ive calmed on how i reply with the shit talking over the last 2 days. the only negative has been peope getting too worked up about nothing. this league has talented players which is the best part, and its very active. this is the league ive wanted to win more than any other. beating you fucks would be tremendous.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

ttp i had sent you an offer
upton/kawakami
votto/greink

just not sure if you like it or me. was trying to make something simple before the next week begins

mofome

Banned

man u cant believe you drafted dejesus and thought i was knocking him because i secretly wanted him

:LMAO

tripp

EOG Master

think i just offered you a very fair trade mo. i'm expecting it to be declined though. i guess i just think differently than most people here about seemingly every single player:doh1

mofome

Banned

think i just offered you a very fair trade mo. i'm expecting it to be declined though. i guess i just think differently than most people here about seemingly every single player:doh1

not a bad offer but then i have marmol who i cant use right now and i would have to drop someone. marmol on my bench who i cant use and adenhart on my bench all year makes it hard for me to take a 2 for 3.

eventually if marmol takes over then pap is still a better bet, but its not that big of a deal. ham is better than upton and ankiel is someone i like to hit 30, but he ks too much.

i like it though, it was something to consider seriously.

Timetopay

EOG Master

they go to Texas and get cleveland pitching and they hitting third and 4th.

If they cant put up 20+ points this week that Dejesus is going into the trash.

Timetopay

EOG Master

not a bad offer but then i have marmol who i cant use right now and i would have to drop someone. marmol on my bench who i cant use and adenhart on my bench all year makes it hard for me to take a 2 for 3.

eventually if marmol takes over then pap is still a better bet, but its not that big of a deal. ham is better than upton and ankiel is someone i like to hit 30, but he ks too much.

i like it though, it was something to consider seriously.

So sounds like Trip would do

Hamilton and Carlos for Paps,Upton,Ankiel

mofome

Banned

they go to Texas and get cleveland pitching and they hitting third and 4th.

If they cant put up 20+ points this week that Dejesus is going into the trash.

haha he is a good ball player, its just tough putting a guy like him in a spot where he feels like he needs to produce runs. hes a #2 guy, but they dont have a #1 2 or 3 right now.

2348ji23e

Timetopay

EOG Master

haha he is a good ball player, its just tough putting a guy like him in a spot where he feels like he needs to produce runs. hes a #2 guy, but they dont have a #1 2 or 3 right now.

2348ji23e

Just saw him hit 300 last year,dont k much,and gonna hit 3rd this year.

Figure for late round pick give it a go.

He probably shit and will be treated accordingly but gonna give him this week:houra

mofome

Banned

lee lee! his rise was astonishing and his fall could be quick. The thing about Lee is that he is a tireless worker, he may not be able to turn it around, but it wont be because he has gotten complacent after winning the cy young.

mofome

Banned

Just saw him hit 300 last year,dont k much,and gonna hit 3rd this year.

Figure for late round pick give it a go.

He probably shit and will be treated accordingly but gonna give him this week:houra

yeah u could have gotten him much later, i doubt he is even in most leagues, he just doesnt do enough. that said, put him on the rangers and suddenly hes getting better pitches to hit, an extra 4 abs a week, and scoring 120 runs.

mofome

Banned

im still surprised that cee gave me adam jones. i was praying he would have a bad spring so i could grab him late. then a bad start to the season so i could get him cheap. he had neither but ceeman had babe burriss at ss and i luck out

tripp

EOG Master

don't love sori in this format mo. too many k's for my liking. not sure i would trade haren for paps and sori straight up. gave up a ton for haren.

not a bad offer at all, just think very highly of haren and gave up a lot for him.

countered. it's similar to the first trade but i threw in gordon. not sure if you need him or not as a dh, but just in case.

I was shocked more by last year than this one to be honest. The only reason I took him was that it was the 7th round and if he could do it again, it was a steal. He is all about location and it is bad right now. He is in a contract year and most do well under those circumstances. He might be one that doesnt like the extra pressure. I think he will be better (hopefully a lot) but only time will tell. I didnt get to see him pitch this week, which I really had hoped to do (more for gambling info). Somehow I will watch this week even if I have to take off.

Plus he is the hometown boy. Got to root for the hometown boy.