UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Any UFC fans here?

If you missed last years Ultimate Fighter series on Spike TV, I strongly suggest you tune in when season 2 opens on August 22nd......cheers

Hache Man

jjgold said:
I just bet other insider picks and use

Betoddessa for the bets, great boxing book

Thanks JJ, I haven't visited there in a while, I'll check them out........

Loved UFC and Pride right from the start and thru most of the lean years. I wish Lidell's price would come down from the -170 that it is now but even at that price im going to be a sqaure for the night and lay that price on him to beat Horn. Horn made Lidell tap 4 years again alot has happen since then. The only thing I fear is Horn taking Lidell the distance since Horn is in better shape to go 25 mins than Lidell is.

Hache Man

dmmd98 said:
Loved UFC and Pride right from the start and thru most of the lean years. I wish Lidell's price would come down from the -170 that it is now but even at that price im going to be a sqaure for the night and lay that price on him to beat Horn. Horn made Lidell tap 4 years again alot has happen since then. The only thing I fear is Horn taking Lidell the distance since Horn is in better shape to go 25 mins than Lidell is.

Agree with ya dmmd...........Chucky is just too good now........

Hache Man

The General said:
Pretty damn cool avatar Hache.

Very cool to see.

Just now threw it together few minutes ago.........

Newman's the man today.......Nemecheck on the pole tomorrow.....

Yes I made my bet at -161 however the line is dropping -152 for Lidell so I may be leaving some money on the table. What is shocking however is the odds on the Sylvia-Telligman fight as the line opended at -120 for Slyvia but it is now at -160. I may be starting to change my mind since Sylvia isn't the greatest fighter and alot of his power came from roids so if Telligman can take a punch and that is a BIG if he may be able to pull off a decision.

So yeah UFC is tonight if that is what you were asking me.

Hache Man

dmmd98 said:
Yes I made my bet at -161 however the line is dropping -152 for Lidell so I may be leaving some money on the table. What is shocking however is the odds on the Sylvia-Telligman fight as the line opended at -120 for Slyvia but it is now at -160. I may be starting to change my mind since Sylvia isn't the greatest fighter and alot of his power came from roids so if Telligman can take a punch and that is a BIG if he may be able to pull off a decision.

So yeah UFC is tonight if that is what you were asking me.

I assume the big fight will come last.....

If you are around dmmd, can you give a little update now and then?
I went back to cable tv (satellite goes out a lot in my Florida area) and my area doesn't have ppv......

Thanks

PS......I think you'll be just fine with Lidell! The guy has turned into a machine, especially since The Ultimate Fighter on Spike premierred last year. It's as if he has something to prove to all of the guys he trained on the show, etc.....

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Hache Man said:
Just now threw it together few minutes ago.........

Newman's the man today.......Nemecheck on the pole tomorrow.....

I put a thread in other sports asking for NASCAR thoughts. Good for Joe.

Hache Man

The General said:
I put a thread in other sports asking for NASCAR thoughts. Good for Joe.[/QUOTE]

I don't think starting at the front of the pack will have any bearing on the race for Ol "Front Row Joe" General, do you? LOL

I'm not sweating over this bet. Not to say it can't lose or anything but when Lidell fought Couture the 2nd time I made one of my biggest bets ever on Lidell to win. I bet 1000 to win 2070. I checked the line just before the fight and it was Lidell +227 so leaving 200 dollars on the table wasn't great but seeing Lidell knock out Courtue who came into the fight with the worst possible game plan was just about the coolest thing ever. I will look at tonight's fight the same way.

So basically I am not nearly betting as much on this fight. Yes the fight goes on last around 11:30 est and more than likely I will be able to post some updates from time to time.

First main fight is about to get going as Frank Trigg is taking on Georges St Pierre. St Pierre should take it since Trigg always finds a way to lose a fight. St Pierre however is going off at -170 right now. Big plus 2pac is his music coming into the quote unquote ring.

Georges St Pierre just totally out clashed Frank Trigg in round 1. He took Trigg down right away and just punched him til he was able to choke him out. Trigg never stood a chance in this one. Great match to start off the show.

The General

Hache Man said:
The General said:
I put a thread in other sports asking for NASCAR thoughts. Good for Joe.[/QUOTE]

I don't think starting at the front of the pack will have any bearing on the race for Ol "Front Row Joe" General, do you? LOL

Nah, but maybe he is the deal. I Hate to say no way.

Diego Sanchez vs Brian Gassaway next..I have no clue who Gassaway is aside from the fact he is a kickboxer. Diego Sanchez shouldn't be going off at -380. He kicked ass on the TV show but he isn't the next big thing. I so have no opinion on this fight since I expect Gassaway to be nothing but a punching bag tonight.

Hache Man

dmmd98 said:
Hey how do i take that icon off I don't want that.

When you type certain words some logos are popping up........For example, if you type the whole word for "TD" , as I will do below, watch what happens.....

touchdown

They will get it right...

I used to like Diego Sanchez dmm, but he seemed a little cocky last time I saw him.....

All over Gassway never stood a chance. Sanchez just ground and proud til Gassaway just tapped out while Sanchez was punching him. I still think Sanchez has flaws in his game however.

Couture vs Van Arsdale is up next. Couture should win but I don't see it being easy. The Couture line at -380 is way too high right now. However I expect Couture to win via decision.

Couture won early in the 3rd round as Van Arsdale just ran out of gas and tapped out since he knew he was out classed.

Tim Sylvia vs Tre Telligman is up next. Line is Sylvia -180 I don't get it. Sylvia was all roids. He packed a great punch and little else. While telligman is over the hill a bit at +175 I lean towards him and hope he can avoid getting knocked out. However I hate seeing this guy's chest.

The General

dmmd98 said:
Tim Sylvia vs Tre Telligman is up next. Line is Sylvia -180 I don't get it. Sylvia was all roids. He packed a great punch and little else. While telligman is over the hill a bit at +175 I lean towards him and hope he can avoid getting knocked out. However I hate seeing this guy's chest.

Good luck

As stated before I like Lidell. They last fought in 1999 when Horn choked Chuck out. Chuck has gotten a hell of alot better where as Horn just hasn't. However it should be a great main event which I am getting nervous about now.

homedog

EOG Enthusiast
dmmd98 said:

Telligman does his share of juice.

Tre is being dumb about this fight. He is standing with Tim which is pretty stupid since Tim is alot bigger with a longer reach.

Tre just got knocked out by a kick to the head. His fault for standing toe to toe with the man. Just before the end of the round Sylvia just hit a vicous high kick to the head with knocked Tre out cold.

You'll be seeing this kick on UFC promo's in the near future. Just a beautiful kick.