NFL Playoffs Thread

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Yeah, that's why the Niners lost, they had an injury on defense, if not for that they win the game easily, BTW, what about the Chiefs playing without one of their best edge rushers in Omenihu, and what about them playing without Thuney, their best offensive lineman, winners celebrate, losers blame injuries

Your dishonest trolling is getting exhausting. I'm done with this noncents. Onto Missy C and Izzo.

kane

EOG master
Deebo not surprising he was shut down. What about Kittle? He had 1 big play and that's it.
Deebo playing with a bad shoulder, then hurts his hammy during the game, Kittle playing with a bad toe, he actually missed several practices leading up to the game, the he gets hurt during the game and had to go to the locker room, not making excuses for them, a ton of credit goes to the Chiefs D, but both guys were less than 100% would explain some of it

kane

EOG master
Sorry, I just can't say it's one guy doing it all by himself
Of course he doesn't win all these SB's by himself, but he's still the best QB in the league, Montana didn't win all those SB's by himself, neither did Brady, Elway, or Manning, it doesn't mean those guys weren't great, you watch them play and you can see how great they were, just like with Mahomes, you watch him play and see the greatness, he didn't have a great regular season, but he was by far the best QB in the postseason when it mattered the most, one turnover and zero turnover worthy plays, and the last two times he had the ball he led his team to the game tying FG and the game winning TD. We can have this disagreement again when he wins his 4th SB, weather that's next year or at some other point, the kid's 28 and has many more years of playing at a high level

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
In the playoffs, KC defense gave up less points in 4 games than SF did in 3. And it wasn't close!

If your defense can hold teams to under 16 PPG your offense can go long periods without scoring a TD as it happened here.

Good to see the unit that got them to the post-season actually win it for them as well.

Chris Jones is the man, they'd be a fool to let him get away.

We move on.

railbird

EOG Master
In the playoffs, KC defense gave up less points in 4 games than SF did in 3. And it wasn't close!

If your defense can hold teams to under 16 PPG your offense can go long periods without scoring a TD as it happened here.

Good to see the unit that got them to the post-season actually win it for them as well.

Chris Jones is the man, they'd be a fool to let him get away.

We move on.
was the mvp of the game

boston massacre

EOG Master
NFL Post Season Overtime Rules Different Than Regular Season Overtime Rules.

Both Teams Guaranteed a Possession, unless The First Drive in OT , ends in a Safety.

Similar To College Football Overtime , if You Win The Coin Toss, You Want To Elect To Start Overtime on Defense.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I didn't know Rozier also hurt Sunday. I wanted 3-3 brutal road trip. Now 2-4. 3 top players out entire 6 games.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Spo has his HOF work cut out for him. Any other coach, this could unravel quickly. Look at the 76ers. Only plus EV. All Star break in between. Maybe steal 2 wins this week. Rozier needs to get back and have a month to get into playoff form. He was on his way. Will have to start over.

Heim

EOG Master
KC will get a top tier receiver via FA. The only thing they're missing. Naturally with football, injury is a big factor. Nonetheless, +750 for a threepeat doesn't seem that far fetched.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Yeah, Romo made a good point with that (he was great in the booth IMO) but I lean with Cwissy, think it's still better to go last.

You get the break while they do the coin flip and you got 3 TO's on top of that. They should have time to be mostly rested at least.

Watching KC go down the field and knowing they had a 4th down in their pocket if needed was going to be tough to keep them from scoring.

After Reading New Post Season Overtime Rules , I Agree With Shanny , To Start OT On Offense.

He Wanted To Be The Team With The 3rd Possession.

Here's How it Works.

Each Team Guaranteed 1 Possession..

If Still Tied After Both Teams Have Had The Ball , The 3rd Possession Becomes The Start of SUDDEN DEATH.

Shanny Wanted The 1st Possession, Once The Game Started Sudden Death, Which Would Have Been The 3rd Possession of OT.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
After Reading New Post Season Overtime Rules , I Agree With Shanny , To Start OT On Offense.

Here's How it Works.

Each Team Guaranteed 1 Possession..

If Still Tied After Both Teams Have Had The Ball , The 3rd Possession Becomes The Start of SUDDEN DEATH.

Shanny Wanted The 1st Possession, Once The Game Started Sudden Death, Which Would Have Been The 3rd Possession of OT.
Defense might of been a lttle tired- they were on the field for two 13 play drives, including the one to end the 4th quarter.

Defense had 2 chances to stop the Chiefs, one in regulation, and one in OT, couldn’t get it done

The injury to Greenlaw in the 2nd quarter didn’t help either.

kane

EOG master
KC will get a top tier receiver via FA. The only thing they're missing. Naturally with football, injury is a big factor. Nonetheless, +750 for a threepeat doesn't seem that far fetched.
I don't know, that doesn't seem to be the way they do things, after trading Tyreek Hill, the past two years they've had one of the worst receiving groups in the league, guys like JuJu, MVS, Sky Moore, Mecole Hardman, Justin Watson, and all they've done is win back to back SB's, as long as Kelce is playing at a high level, Mahomes has proven he doesn't need any good receivers

kane

EOG master
Defense had 2 chances to stop the Chiefs, one in regulation, and one in OT, couldn’t get it done
Actually they had three chances to stop Mahomes, the Chiefs last three possessions of the game resulted in FG, FG, and the TD in OT, if SF gets a stop on any of them they win the game

boston massacre

EOG Master
Defense might of been a lttle tired- they were on the field for two 13 play drives, including the one to end the 4th quarter.

The injury to Greenlaw in the 2nd quarter didn’t help either.

That Was Romo's Reasoning.

It Wasn't Shanahan's Reasoning.

49ers Coach Kyle Shanahan Explains His Overtime Coin Toss Decision as He Receives Mountain of Criticism​

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

How did his decision work out for him?

Good points can be made on both sides but concern about a 3rd possession would not be the top consideration.

Go 2nd, you already have the information you need to win or tie, take 4 downs to do it. That last part is huge.

If they score a TD and you want to avoid a 3rd possession go for 2.

Obviously Shanny is going to try and support his decision.

Heim

EOG Master
The problem with winning in every pro sport, players want to get paid. They have some FA on defense including Jones. And they
only get one franchise tag.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
Biggest play of the Superbowl hasn't been talked about much. Shanahan not going for it on 4th and 4 at Kc 36,game tied about 2:30 min left. He decided to kick a 53 yd fg,where as a first down rates to win the game. If I knew he would make the kick I would take the fg,however a miss would probably lose the game.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The biggest plays in the SB are often smaller one's you don't realize the full impact of.

The holding on Trent Williams for example, didn't it make them go from 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 12?

Ironically in these 3 KC SB wins their OLine has never been called for holding!!??? Not once, not ever in these latest wins.

And let me tell you I know all about their LT, Smith, he came from Tampa. Big guy but horrible footwork!

I think one year he actually led all OLman in penalties, LOL. If he doesn't whiff completely and gets his mitts on you he's holding......

What a great day to play perfect football (again).

boston massacre

EOG Master
How did his decision work out for him?

Good points can be made on both sides but concern about a 3rd possession would not be the top consideration.

Go 2nd, you already have the information you need to win or tie, take 4 downs to do it. That last part is huge.

If they score a TD and you want to avoid a 3rd possession go for 2.

Obviously Shanny is going to try and support his decision.

Easiest Job in The World ?

Monday Morning QB.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Biggest play of the Superbowl hasn't been talked about much. Shanahan not going for it on 4th and 4 at Kc 36,game tied about 2:30 min left. He decided to kick a 53 yd fg,where as a first down rates to win the game. If I knew he would make the kick I would take the fg,however a miss would probably lose the game.

How About Going For It on 4th Down in OT , Instead of Kicking The FG ?

What Was It ?

4th and 3 From The 8 ?

Score a TD and You're Guaranteed To Get The Ball Back in a Sudden Death Situation, To Win The Super Bowl , Assuming K.C. Scores 7 after S.F.'s 7.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Shanny: "We wanted the ball 3rd."

You got your wish, Shanny. Except you'll have to wait until September. Coach C can exhale.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is one and only one valid explanation. Valid doesn't mean right. You ready, kane? Agree or disagree. You want the ball 1st so you can get it 3rd because... 30 seconds wait.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
How About Going For It on 4th Down in OT , Instead of Kicking The FG ?

What Was It ?

4th and 3 From The 8 ?

Score a TD and You're Guaranteed To Get The Ball Back in a Sudden Death Situation, To Win The Super Bowl , Assuming K.C. Scores 7 after S.F.'s 7.
KC said if, sf scored a td they would go for two to negate the 3rd possession,smart move.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I'm pretty certain Shanny wasn't planning to go for 2 which means he wasn't getting the ball 3rd unless 3 and 3.

I'm pretty certain Shanny would have gone for two which, if successful, would either guarantee a win or the 3rd possession which historically wins around 58% of the time.

Just kicking the XP forces KC to go for two if they score a TD, which is about a 50%/50% proposition.