NFL Playoffs Thread

Valuist

EOG Master
That's Correct.

It Was a Close Race Thru The First 15 Weeks.

Lamar Bypassed Purdy in Week 16.

And That's Also How The Bookmakers Saw It.

Lamar Shot Up To a Big Favorite After That Game.

Outcomes Of Sporting Events Matter, in Addition To Full Season Results.

Except it wasn't a close race before week 16. Purdy had far better numbers than Lamar going into that game.

Heim

EOG Master
It's still hard to believe the leading rushing team in the league (BALT) dropped back to pass 82% of the time when they had possession. 🫣

blueline

EOG Master
Comrade Merlin, since you consider Mahomes to be white, I assume that means you don't hate him since he's not 100% black, this is good info to know, now I know how racists feel about people who are a mixed race, they have to be 100% black in order to be hated by you, glad we got that issue cleared up. And as McIrish says, "we move on"

from Mahomes :

“I’ve seen how people, on Twitter, have tweeted and said, ‘Oh, you’re not full Black.’ But I’ve always just had the confidence and believed in who I am. And I’ve known that I’m Black. And I’m proud to be Black. And I’m proud to have a white mom too,” the athlete explained. “I’m just proud of who I am. And I’ve always had that confidence in myself.”

mr merlin

EOG Master
from Mahomes :

“I’ve seen how people, on Twitter, have tweeted and said, ‘Oh, you’re not full Black.’ But I’ve always just had the confidence and believed in who I am. And I’ve known that I’m Black. And I’m proud to be Black. And I’m proud to have a white mom too,” the athlete explained. “I’m just proud of who I am. And I’ve always had that confidence in myself.”
That's his black half talking, his white half married a good looking white woman.

Valuist

EOG Master
Chernoff goes on and on why he believes the Niners are a play. He says there's no way you could go from a line of 5 in early December on a neutral to 2 now. That's a flawed premise. The 5 back in early December was wrong. I know that's when I bet the Chiefs, who were 10/1 while a team like Buffalo was 9/2.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
What a fucking idiot. A Kinky level fucking idiot. A 2 months old line is more accurate than the current line. Chernoff has it all figured out.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Fuck analytics... at some point common sense must come in to play...especially in a game of that magnitude. Its one thing to say it's a good call middle season...but this is a totally different situation.

Fuck All Analytics , and Go Back To The Brains That Were Given.

kane

EOG master
Patrick Mahomes: 6 seasons, 6 AFC Championship games, 3 SB appearances, 2 regular season MVP's, 2 SB MVP's, 2 Rings

Josh Allen: Uh, nothing
Update time:

Patrick Mahomes 6 seasons, 6 AFC Championship games, 4 SB appearances, 2 regular season MVP's, 3 SB MVP's, 3 rings

Josh Allen: still nothing

kane

EOG master
raiders can stfu or drop dead. I'm not even checking. I know.
Oh we both know he'll never STFU, I don't need to check either, we both know he's power posting and trying to figure out how to spin the Chiefs always winning SB's without giving Mahomes any credit, I can only imagine the stuff his warped Josh Allen loving brain is coming up with, imagine thinking Josh Allen is a better QB than Patrick Mahomes

Dell Dude

EOG Master
raiders chooses drop dead.

Today, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Super Bowl- Rematch SF V KC

Purdy made all kinds of tough throws. Mahomes didn't make any. Mahomes played a good game hitting wide open receivers and a 52 yd pass that should have been picked.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Chiefs won it legitimately. Even overcame big defensive holding call in OT. Purdy couldn't put it in 1st and goal. Mahomes did. That's it. It's done. Accept it. Next.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And Christian fumble 1st drive. This was not unexpected. What I was worried about. Needed clean game 60 minutes. Didn't get it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah, for sure those were factors as well.

And what about taking the ball first in OT?

Sure seems like that extra down in your pocket to go last would be more important?

kane

EOG master
If SF had to blame one thing for the loss it would be ST.

Missing the XP and then the give away on the punt return.
The special teams hurt SF, no doubt, but the game was won by Mahomes, in OT he was 8-8 passing and accounted for 69 of the Chiefs 75 yards on the game winning drive, I know you're not a Mahomes guy, but at this point I don't know what more the kid has to prove, all I heard was let's see how he does without Hill, well he just won back to back SB's without him, there is no debate who the best QB in the league is, except in Raiders demented brain

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Was mistake not to take the ball last. Would have had a 4th down look. I posted I would have kicked even old rules. Maybe that wouldn't have worked out but for sure you want the 2nd look. Other than that, Shanny finally didn't choke. Even made some bold decisions. This was the cleanest Super Show I can remember.

kane

EOG master
Yeah, for sure those were factors as well.

And what about taking the ball first in OT?

Sure seems like that extra down in your pocket to go last would be more important?
Romo actually made a good point, the Niners defense was on the field for the game tying FG drive, Shanny probably didn't want his defense back on the field that quick

Heim

EOG Master
Edge rusher Chris Jones said on ESPN, when he blew up Frisco 3rd and 4 in the red zone, he was shocked nobody blocked him, so surprised, he thought it would be a screen.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The special teams hurt SF, no doubt, but the game was won by Mahomes, in OT he was 8-8 passing and accounted for 69 of the Chiefs 75 yards on the game winning drive, I know you're not a Mahomes guy, but at this point I don't know what more the kid has to prove, all I heard was let's see how he does without Hill, well he just won back to back SB's without him, there is no debate who the best QB in the league is, except in Raiders demented brain

It's not that I am or am not a Mahomes guy, I see points made on all sides of that argument but for me I'm more of a big picture guy.

I see "teams" that win, not individuals so much.

This year Mahomes was FAR FAR from being the best QB in the game but as a team they still won it all......

That's what stands out to me.

Yeah I know most fans think it's a 1-man game, not my job to convince them otherwise........

I kind of like the back and forth with Raiders and the KC fans, LOL.

For sure he played very well in OT tonight though, no question about that.

kane

EOG master
raiders chooses drop dead.

Today, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Super Bowl- Rematch SF V KC

Purdy made all kinds of tough throws. Mahomes didn't make any. Mahomes played a good game hitting wide open receivers and a 52 yd pass that should have been picked.
I see he's as delusional as ever, so funny to see

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Romo actually made a good point, the Niners defense was on the field for the game tying FG drive, Shanny probably didn't want his defense back on the field that quick

Yeah, Romo made a good point with that (he was great in the booth IMO) but I lean with Cwissy, think it's still better to go last.

You get the break while they do the coin flip and you got 3 TO's on top of that. They should have time to be mostly rested at least.

Watching KC go down the field and knowing they had a 4th down in their pocket if needed was going to be tough to keep them from scoring.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
As a whole as I reflect back it just seems SF played a sloppy game. Was not a fan of the game Shanny called either.....

I had KC so wasn't too concerned but thought Romo was right, they should have been running the ball more.

You got the best runner in the game, statistically at least, and you are trying to win with a 7th round QB throwing against 2 of the best corners in football.

Where I give Mahomes and the Chiefs credit they just know how to win. When it's close you almost know how it's going to end.

At crunch time the other guys are hoping to win, Chiefs KNOW they're going to win.

kane

EOG master
It's not that I am or am not a Mahomes guy, I see points made on all sides of that argument but for me I'm more of a big picture guy.

I see "teams" that win, not individuals so much.

This year Mahomes was FAR FAR from being the best QB in the game but as a team they still won it all......

That's what stands out to me.

Yeah I know most fans think it's a 1-man game, not my job to convince them otherwise........

I kind of like the back and forth with Raiders and the KC fans, LOL.

For sure he played very well in OT tonight though, no question about that
Okay, let's look big picture, Mahomes has reached the AFC Championship game all 6 years of his career, played in 4 SB's winning 3 of them, 2 MVP, and 3 SB MVP's, and this is the first year he's had a great defense, those other Chiefs teams did it without the luxury of a great defense, and all I heard from the haters was how will he do without Hill, well that question has been answered, of course it's a team game, and he's the best player on the team, I don't know how anyone can watch that guy play and not think he's anything but great and the best QB in the league, and given his age, the odds are he's not done winning SB's

kane

EOG master
You got the best runner in the game, statistically at least, and you are trying to win with a 7th round QB throwing against 2 of the best corners in football.
Okay, but it wasn't like CMC was dominant, he had 22 carries for 80 yards, only a 3.6 yards per carry average, and his longest run was only 11 yards, Purdy played well, he isn't the reason they lost, there were two reasons, the Niners special teams let them down, and Mahomes is just too good, that drive in OT was the stuff of legends, he accounted for 69 of the 75 yards and did it with his legs as well as his arm, not to mention the fourth down run with the game on the line, I said this before and I'll repeat it, by the time he hangs them up, I think Mahomes will go down as one of the greats to ever play the game, when the subject of the greatest QB's comes up, he'll be right there with the best to ever do it

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I don't know how anyone can watch that guy play and not think he's anything but great and the best QB in the league, and given his age, the odds are he's not done winning SB's.....

It's all about perspective I guess. No chance in hell did I see Mahomes as the best QB in football this year? Wow, are you serious?

Chiefs as a whole for sure the best organization from top to bottom.

KC has the best front office in football IMO. Coaching staff, if not the best very close. They got one of the best defenses in football.....

They got the greatest TE in the history of football. And their kicking game/ST's is probably the best in football as well.

For me hard to ignore all that and give the total credit to Mahomes like most fans are going to do.

As for losing Hill, the brains behind that was the GM/front office.......

They are the one's that calculated they could lose him and make a few moves and still get the job done. They were proven right.

Sure, nice to have the horses on the field but you don't dominate over a period of several years because of a player or two, it's a total team effort.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
When something like this happens and Heimy confirms it had an impact, I don't know. Million to won he gets hurt that way. It happened and it was a big loss.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yes, Greenlaw loss was HUGE!

May have happened anyway but once he went down Kelce got off in the 2H.

I watched the guy that replaced him when I could, he was lost on the field. Forget his name but think he was #48.

kane

EOG master
It's all about perspective I guess. No chance in hell did I see Mahomes as the best QB in football this year? Wow, are you serious?

Chiefs as a whole for sure the best organization from top to bottom.

KC has the best front office in football IMO. Coaching staff, if not the best very close. They got one of the best defenses in football.....

They got the greatest TE in the history of football. And their kicking game/ST's is probably the best in football as well.

For me hard to ignore all that and give the credit to Mahomes.

As for losing Hill, the brains behind that was the GM/front office.......

They are the one's that calculated they could lose him and make a few moves and still get the job done. They were proven right.

Sure, nice to have the horses on the field but you don't dominate over a period of several years because of a player or two, it's a total team effort.
No, during the regular season he wasn't the best QB in the league, but he was the best in the playoffs when it counted, he only had one turnover in 4 games, and no other turnover worthy plays

Okay, there's nothing more I can post to convince you of his greatness, it's the front office, it's Kelce, it's their defense, it's their kicking game, and it's their special teams, that's why they've won all those SB's

Yeah, the front office was the one who traded him, but losing one of the best receivers in the league didn't matter, no one from the front office was on the field playing the games, and all the haters do is mention Kelce, and conveniently ignore the fact that the Chiefs did it with one of the worst receiving groups in the league, they led the league in drops

He's the best QB in football, if you don't think so, that's fine, I don't what more he has to do, and I'm not arguing it anymore

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
..... and Mahomes is just too good, that drive in OT was the stuff of legends, he accounted for 69 of the 75 yards and did it with his legs as well as his arm, not to mention the fourth down run with the game on the line, I said this before and I'll repeat it, by the time he hangs them up, I think Mahomes will go down as one of the greats to ever play the game, when the subject of the greatest QB's comes up, he'll be right there with the best to ever do it

Go to Peeps if you want to argue about Mahomes, LOL, I was talking about the game Shanny called.

I don't dislike Mahomes like some of those guys do, I did bet Miami for some reason but had KC the last 3 games. I'm pretty happy right now.

That said I do disagree with a lot of what you are saying......

I mean he went over 20 drives here in the late stages of the playoffs before he could score a TD????

And that was only changed based on a botched turnover that gave him the ball deep inside the red zone.

Sure, he played great in OT but with a different defense he probably never gets the chance. That's why it's a team effort IMO.

In the past I saw you use TD/INT ratio, he was like 27/14 this year, less than 2 to 1 ratio. Very average stats overall.

For sure the defense carried the Chiefs, not sure how anyone can argue otherwise.

I know you love the guy and he does get credit, just like every other contributor on the team and staff.

We move on.

kane

EOG master
When something like this happens and Heimy confirms it had an impact, I don't know. Million to won he gets hurt that way. It happened and it was a big loss.
Yeah, that's why the Niners lost, they had an injury on defense, if not for that they win the game easily, BTW, what about the Chiefs playing without one of their best edge rushers in Omenihu, and what about them playing without Thuney, their best offensive lineman, winners celebrate, losers blame injuries

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Okay, there's nothing more I can post to convince you of his greatness, it's the front office, it's Kelce, it's their defense, it's their kicking game, and it's their special teams, that's why they've won all those SB's.
Yes Kane, not to offend you but they are all a part of why KC wins.

I'm a Bucs fan, you know that, I saw what Mahomes did against us in the SB w/o a healthy OLine.

They never did find the end zone and he had both Hill and Kelce at the time.

Obviously it's not a 1-man team or he would have beaten us, or at least scored a TD, LOL.

He didn't do well w/o Kelce this year either.

Sorry, I just can't say it's one guy doing it all by himself but not saying it to offend you, just my opinion. You can continue on that way.......

You certainly wouldn't be alone in seeing the game as such.