NBA Milwaukee Coach Firing

Heim

EOG Master
30-13 but this team cannot defend. They gave up 130+ to Pistons.

What did they expect? They gave up defense (Holliday) for offense (Dame).

Maybe Doc Rivers can help. Players coach. Pretty sure there was a team mutiny to get this just hired coach out.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They didn't have enough offense before today. Now they do. Just a matter of staying healthy and getting hot late.

Heim

EOG Master
nba is pure trash, more boring than a dink wrestling promotion

It's trash because the players run the league. No way they didn't call Giannis in Greece, and he signed off on it. Now 43 games in he doesn't like the rotations, defensive pressure et al.

Same thing will happen to Ham in LA if they don't make the playoffs.

They sign these guys to 3 year deals, in reality they should be month to month 😅

Heim

EOG Master
MILW is all in this year. I guess they didn't see a light at the end of the tunnel with the new guy. Doc is
a good babysitter, roll the balls out during practice, joke with the guys during shoot-arounds.

His job, keep the Greek guy happy. That's all that matters in today's game.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Spo finally has the weapons. Look for a 30 win second half and #2 seed. Celtics vs Heat for the Eastern Conference.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
We have to let it play out but the Lizard trade is trending to failure. Lost too much defense and now a shakeup at head coach with a stiff. Can't dismiss them because of top talent but I put them 4th.

Celtics
Heat
Sixers

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Heat are in trouble if they don't get into form like right now. Going into their tough part of the schedule that will last until March madness. 4 straight ugly losses. Come on, Spo. I'm counting on you.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Jan 25, 2024
vs
team logo
Boston
7:30 pm
TNT
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $76.07
Jan 27, 2024
@
team logo
New York
3:00 pm
ABC
Madison Square Garden
Tickets Starting at $169.75
Jan 29, 2024
vs
team logo
Phoenix
NBAt
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $49.00
Jan 31, 2024
vs
team logo
Sacramento
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $29.46
Feb 2, 2024
@
team logo
Washington
7:00 pm
Capital One Arena
Tickets Starting at $23.52
Feb 4, 2024
vs
team logo
L.A. Clippers
6:00 pm
ESPN
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $60.84
Feb 6, 2024
vs
team logo
Orlando
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $30.00
Feb 7, 2024
vs
team logo
San Antonio
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $45.00
Feb 11, 2024
vs
team logo
Boston
2:00 pm
ABC
Kaseya Center
Tickets Starting at $107.00
Feb 13, 2024
@
team logo
Milwaukee
8:00 pm
Fiserv Forum
Tickets Starting at $34.94
Feb 14, 2024
@
team logo
Philadelphia
7:00 pm
Wells Fargo Center
Tickets Starting at $40.00
Feb 23, 2024
@
team logo
New Orleans
10:00 pm
ESPN
Smoothie King Center
Tickets Starting at $17.00
Feb 26, 2024
@
team logo
Sacramento
NBAt
Golden 1 Center
Tickets Starting at $33.00
Feb 27, 2024
@
team logo
Portland
Moda Center at the Rose Quarter
Tickets Starting at $4.00
Feb 29, 2024
@
team logo
Denver
TNT
Ball Arena
Tickets Starting at $36.00

kane

EOG master
Spo finally has the weapons. Look for a 30 win second half and #2 seed. Celtics vs Heat for the Eastern Conference.
Rozier for Lowry and a pick is stealing, Lowry washed, Rozier having a career season, he gives them some much needed offense, plus he's under contract for two more years, so not a rental, things not going great right now, but it doesn't matter, just need to get in the dance, then let Spo and Jimmy do their thing. My only concern is if they finish 8th they get the C's in the opening round, this is by far the best Celtic team since Tatum and Brown got there, they have the best SL in the league and by a wide margin, team has no weakness, when they bring their A game no one can beat them, not concerned with Sixers, Bucks, Knicks, or any other team, Boston is the only team that can beat them, would prefer playing them later in the postseason as opposed to right away

kane

EOG master
We have to let it play out but the Lizard trade is trending to failure
The Portland GM ended up doing the Heat a favor by not trading with them, while I can't say for sure, it was reported the Heat package was Herro, Jaquez, Jovic, Duncan, and two or three picks, but no one knew at the time how good Jaquez would be, kid's a stud and future star, Duncan having a career year, Jovic very talented but raw, if the Bucks called Miami today and offered them Dame for the same package the Blazers turned down, Riley wouldn't do it, funny how sometimes things work out for the best, Bucks fired their coach beacuse they don't play defense, gee you trade your best perimeter defender and one of the best defenders in the league for a scorer who doesn't play D and you're surprised when your defensive rating is low

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I agree with Celtics being top team but it only takes 1 key injury. Another reason to want to play them late in the playoffs.

kane

EOG master
Holy shit, kane. Heat lucked out. JJJ may be rookie of the year.
Slim chance he wins the award, he's behind Wemby and Chet, but those guys were taken with the first overall pick and the second overall pick, JJJ was drafted 17th, if they re-did the draft he goes top 10 easily, watching him play he reminds me of a young Jimmy, he's got great footwork around the rim, not the most athletic guy on the floor, but is able to get to his spots, plays hard and plays smart, watching him you can tell he played 4 years in college, very mature player for his age. Bam drafted 14th, Herro drafted 13th, JJJ drafted 17th, you have teams drafting in the top 5 every year, the same fucking teams, yes I'm looking at you Detroit, and they can't get it right, the Heat take guys midway in the round and they become stars

kane

EOG master
Boston the most talented team in the league, but the one issue they've had is their mental toughness, ever since Tatum got there they've been good enough to won a Chip, but it hasn't happened, I think the main reason is they haven't been mentally tough enough, in the finals two years ago they were a better team than Golden St, but GS was the tougher team mentally, if Boston is in a close game late, from what I've seen of past teams they aren't mentally tough enough to win, maybe this year's team will be different, but I have to see it first, the Heat are both mentally and physically tough, if they match up with Boston again, all Miami has to do is keep it close, if it's a tight game in the final minutes, I trust the Heat more than Boston, I trust Jimmy and Bam more than Tatum and Brown.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
nba is pure trash, more boring than a dink wrestling promotion

I once served as the ring announcer for a Dink wrestling promotion in Reno.

In preparation for introducing the wrestlers for the first match of the night - a ladies match - I asked Dink for the hometown of the two combatants.

The hometown of the first wrestler was easy...New York City.

The second wrestler, Dink told me, was from England.

I asked Dink the obvious follow-up, "Where in England?"

Dink responded flatly in classic Dink style, "Make it up."

Gotta love Dink.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
They screwed up his movie. Should have been a comedy played by Jonah Hill who was born to play dinky. Sneak preview in the Wolf. Lay the Favourite a candidate for Bruce Willis' worse and worse role. I'd say #1 after he became an A lister.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
I once served as the ring announcer for a Dink wrestling promotion in Reno.

In preparation for introducing the wrestlers for the first match of the night - a ladies match - I asked Dink for the hometown of the two combatants.

The hometown of the first wrestler was easy...New York City.

The second wrestler, Dink told me, was from England.

I asked Dink the obvious follow-up, "Where in England?"

Dink responded flatly in classic Dink style, "Make it up."

Gotta love Dink.
As I recall you wore a suit and a tie

Heim

EOG Master
MILW has some of the best offensive skill guys in the league yet have one of the worst offenses in the league.

That's something Doc needs to figure out.