Navy SEAL requiremnets

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated
Re: navy seal requiremnets

Program Overview

The program is eight weeks long, starting in the last week of June and ending in mid-August.
Qualified students are divided into three groups based on their age. These groups are A (14-17), B (12-13), and C (9-11). Each of these groups are then regrouped based on ability, experience and, in the case of the A-group, desired preference. Each group is assigned a surf cap color for easy identification when in the water.
Captains Corp (white caps): Developed for Junior Guards who have the drive to become an Ocean Lifeguard, or who wish to challenge themselves both physically and mentally.
Safety Aids (pink caps): Safety Aids assist the younger students in water activities. Acting as an extension of the instructors, they provide additional flotation and safety. This group has been recognized by other Junior Lifeguard agencies and has been utilized in regional and national championships.

Requirements
To participate, students must meet the following physical requirements:
  • Be between 9 and 17 years old (students must be age nine prior to July 1st of that year)
  • Swim 100 yards in 1:50 minutes or faster
  • Swim underwater ten yards without coming up for a breath
  • Tryouts are held in May, registration is in June

janus

EOG Dedicated

ten yards without coming up for a breath.

i'd never fuck with a guy like that.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO:LMAO:+textinb3:+textinb3:+scared-7:handjob::sex:catfight::bounce:+peeing-5:+freak-3+:small3d020b::hockey2:mutley:clapping::trio:suit:::golf:::pullhair:flatten:passedout:

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

I think railbird is right, don't think the Navy Seals have

17 Automatic External Defibrillators :blink:

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2086068 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 04-13-09, 11:55 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #83 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>janus<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2086068", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2086068 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: navy seal requiremnets
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>ten yards without coming up for a breath.

i'd never fuck with a guy like that.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:cheers

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

To be fair, this is the official requirement to be a lifeguard there, not sure if any Seal could make it.

In order to qualify for the Huntington State Lifeguard Training Program, you are required to:
- Pass a COMPETITIVE 1000 yard open water swim. Time limit of 20 minutes.
- Pass a COMPETITIVE [200 yard run - 400 yard swim - 200 yard run] event. Time limit of 10 minutes.
- Pass a qualification appraisal interview.

railbird

EOG Master

Program Overview

The program is eight weeks long, starting in the last week of June and ending in mid-August.
Qualified students are divided into three groups based on their age. These groups are A (14-17), B (12-13), and C (9-11). Each of these groups are then regrouped based on ability, experience and, in the case of the A-group, desired preference. Each group is assigned a surf cap color for easy identification when in the water.
Captains Corp (white caps): Developed for Junior Guards who have the drive to become an Ocean Lifeguard, or who wish to challenge themselves both physically and mentally.
Safety Aids (pink caps): Safety Aids assist the younger students in water activities. Acting as an extension of the instructors, they provide additional flotation and safety. This group has been recognized by other Junior Lifeguard agencies and has been utilized in regional and national championships.

Requirements

• Be between 9 and 17 years old (students must be age nine prior to July 1st of that year)
  • Swim 100 yards in 1:50 minutes or faster
  • Swim underwater ten yards without coming up for a breath
  • Tryouts are held in May, registration is in June

This is junior lifeguards, nothing to do with real lifegaurds.

janus

EOG Dedicated

This is junior lifeguards, nothing to do with real lifegaurds.

are you really comparing lifeguards to navy seals? are you really saying lifeguards could have freed the hostage from the somalian pirates?

if not, what the fuck are you saying?

railbird

EOG Master

Meet Huntington Beach Lifeguard Dustin McLarty, not 1 navy seal alive will beat him in a run swim run.

janus

EOG Dedicated

and seals are trained killers, a step behind this guy in a beach sprint. any questions?

railbird

EOG Master

are you really comparing lifeguards to navy seals? are you really saying lifeguards could have freed the hostage from the somalian pirates?

if not, what the fuck are you saying?

I said the run,swim requirements to be a navy seal are a fukkin joke, as in real easy. I said compared to life guard times it is laughable.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

That dude looks like he could be Rail's lover

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

To be a Navy seal is more of a mentality that anything else - no one is drowning me under any circumstances

Both are admirable professions.
Life in danger due to Pirates/Terrorists, I'll go with the Navy Seal please.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

For the record - I'm not posting pics of dudes in speedos

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

Huntington Beach lifeguards have 1000 people show up for 12 jobs. I will take any Huntington Beach life guard in a run swim run against any navy seal. Thats a fact.

That's a fact? :LMAO

This is what they allow us to be shown:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=92EEE0AB407D5BBE&search_query=navy+seals+training+part+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0ZV...FF22DB6D&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67L35y77cWQ

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Rail, this is the requirements to be a lifeguard, do you not think that every seal ever born could do this in their sleep?

In order to qualify for the Huntington State Lifeguard Training Program, you are required to:
- Pass a COMPETITIVE [200 yard run - 400 yard swim - 200 yard run] event. Time limit of 10 minutes.

janus

EOG Dedicated

I said the run,swim requirements to be a navy seal are a fukkin joke, as in real easy. I said compared to life guard times it is laughable.

an 8 min mile in boots on a beach is laughable to lifeguards? bullshit. flat out bullshit. some lifeguards may be able to do it, but for it to be laughable by lifeguards as class, as you claim, is an absolute fucking joke.

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

Beach Lifeguard
Requirements

Your right a Navy Seal couldn't do it, he's too old to do the test. :+textinb3

The Navy also has an age and TIS (time in service) requirement to become a Seal.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated

an 8 min mile in boots on a beach is laughable to lifeguards? bullshit. flat out bullshit. some lifeguards may be able to do it, but for it to be laughable by lifeguards as class, as you claim, is an absolute fucking joke.

Three words: wet and sandy. Brings back nightmares for any SEAL.

janus

EOG Dedicated

This is true, and they also do it on no sleep.

right.

any rational person knows the comparison is beyond absurd but apparently this is a case where someone feels slighted that somebody else may be tougher than they are on account of having been a lifeguard... a noble profession, but just a cut under hardcore trained killers who perform international search & rescue missions. hard feelngs aside, it is what it is.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Being a SEAL = NFL football
Being a lifeguard = PGA golf

I really don't think some people realize what it takes to be a Seal, and what they represent. I would take a Seal 99 out of 100 times over a NFL player. That is a joke and a complete different type of training. This entire thread is depressing yet very informative. How little some people know of what really goes on in the real world is funny.

I have known 2 Seals in my life, both after their time and both retired, I would never f with them no matter what. These guys are the most impressive people I have ever met. Seals are not perfect, but they will never quit, they are seals, not lifegaurds.

Rail, are you serious?

railbird

EOG Master

Rail, this is the requirements to be a lifeguard, do you not think that every seal ever born could do this in their sleep?

This ISNT PASS or FAIL. The winners do it in like 3 minutes. They take the top 10%. Those 10% are triathletes, D1 swimmers, water polo players. These guys run 5 minute miles not 8 minute miles. They are also World class swimmers. ORange County has more swimming medals than any country including the USA.

LobWedgePhil

EOG Addicted

Rail, just admit that you are wrong. Not one sane person in the world would take a Huntingon Lifeguard over a Seal. It is not that hard, admit you were wrong.

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man is going to be completely honest and confess that the Munchkin Man would have never met the requirements for becoming a Navy Seal.

The Munchkin Man has a perforated eardrum.

Munchkin Man

JerseyShop101

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man is going to be completely honest and confess that the Munchkin Man would have never met the requirements for becoming a Navy Seal.

The Munchkin Man has a perforated eardrum.

Munchkin Man

No problem, you can be a Huntington State Lifeguard instead. :+textinb3

I saw a special on CBSNEWS lastnight and the Seal are recruiting high athletes right after graduation.
They need more seals....75 guys graduated the last Buds class...

There is no doubt they want the guys who a into sports and that direction...but they are a different breed when the finish the program.

And yes if a seal could catch Michael Phelps he would take him to the bottom of the pool and hold him there until he expired!:thumbsup

seymour is a different story...he is part fish..:LMAO

WVU

EOG Master

You guys are jumping on rail for no reason. The posted requirements to qualify for Buds is laughable. That was his point. He isnt trying to say seals are not bad asses. He is saying the requirements that he posted are not that tough and he is right.

I would also agree that top lifeguards would probably beat most seals in run swim run or swim run swim competitions. I go to the lifeguard competitions here in Dania Beach and those guys are pretty impressive. Seals are trained to kill and I am sure they do that better than most anyone. That doesn't mean Seals would dominate Ironman or even the smallest events in the Bud Light Triathlon series.

Killing moving targets in the open water is not the same as actual running and swimming competitions believe it or not.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

You guys are jumping on rail for no reason. The posted requirements to qualify for Buds is laughable. That was his point. He isnt trying to say seals are not bad asses. He is saying the requirements that he posted are not that tough and he is right.

I would also agree that top lifeguards would probably beat most seals in run swim run or swim run swim competitions. I go to the lifeguard competitions here in Dania Beach and those guys are pretty impressive. Seals are trained to kill and I am sure they do that better than most anyone. That doesn't mean Seals would dominate Ironman or even the smallest events in the Bud Light Triathlon series.

Killing moving targets in the open water is not the same as actual running and swimming competitions believe it or not.

WVU, you're leaving a lot out here. He said SEALS would lose to the lifeguards in a run swim competition, get their asses kicked by top pro athletes and that any athlete could walk in and complete BUDS training. He's way off base.

WVU

EOG Master

WVU, you're leaving a lot out here. He said SEALS would lose to the lifeguards in a run swim competition, get their asses kicked by top pro athletes and that any athlete could walk in and complete BUDS training. He's way off base.

actually no Enfuego, he is not saying that.