LIV Golf

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
He Has Great Insight.

Evidence Just Proved It.

Whether You Personally Like Him Or Not, That's A Complete Different Topic.

Maybe You Would Rather Have Had Somebody In The White House, Who Has No Brains In Their Head, Leading America.

He throws so much bullshit out there that a few of his predictions are bound to come true…he really believes all his lies…and I don’t want Biden or Trump in the White House…

Heim

EOG Master
It's sad. A American institution like the PGA sells out to foreign investment. That's the American way now.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Sounds like the saudis are putting up the money and will be the only investors, the board of directors will run the PGA tour but the saudis will control the board.

There are still several key details that are unknown about the merger. For starters, the new entity does not have a name yet.

A key element in the merger is financial. The Public Investment Fund (PIF), the sovereign wealth investment fund of the Saudi government, "will make a capital investment into the new entity to facilitate its growth and success," according to the news release. The PIF had been the sole entity to entirely fund the LIV Golf operation.

Additionally, the merger stipulates that the PIF "will initially be the exclusive investor in the new entity" and "will have the exclusive right to further invest in the new entity, including a right of first refusal on any capital."

A newly established board of directors will direct and oversee the new entity's operations, schedule, investments. PIF Governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan will be part of the new entity's board of directors and will be on its executive committee. The announcement of the full board will come at a later date.

Additionally, the merger will lead to "a mutually agreed end to all pending litigation between the participating parties." In August 2022, a number of golfers who joined the LIV tour filed an antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour, challenging their suspensions.

The merger stipulates that after the conclusion of the 2023 season, the PGA Tour, LIV Golf and the DP World Tour "will work cooperatively and in good faith to establish a fair and objective process" to allow players who left the PGA Tour and DP tour to re-apply for membership.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Jay Monahan has just moved ahead of Railbird on my list of who I want to punch right in the face and break his nose…what a fuking hypocrite…

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
So coast is clear for Artie Moreno to put the Angels back on the market for that sale to the Saudis.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Interesting rant on Vsin yesterday but a guest. Can't remember who the guest was but I believe he was on Sharp Money.

This deal is going to open the door for the MLB, NBA, and NFL to get involved with this oil money. Well involved as in this oil money could fund a competative league that pays a boat load of money to players guaranteed.

I don't agree with this but it could happen if lower level dudes that don't make bank are offered elite athlete type of money off the start.

This oil money comes from people that are 100 billionaires with probably a few trillionaires. We don't know for sure since they are very tight with their net worth reporting.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Interesting rant on Vsin yesterday but a guest. Can't remember who the guest was but I believe he was on Sharp Money.

This deal is going to open the door for the MLB, NBA, and NFL to get involved with this oil money. Well involved as in this oil money could fund a competative league that pays a boat load of money to players guaranteed.

I don't agree with this but it could happen if lower level dudes that don't make bank are offered elite athlete type of money off the start.

This oil money comes from people that are 100 billionaires with probably a few trillionaires. We don't know for sure since they are very tight with their net worth reporting.

This What You're Referring To ?

howid

EOG Dedicated

OIL the wayyyyy!!!

mr merlin

EOG Master
Greg norman reportedly sent out a memo saying that LIV is not going anywhere and they are planning for next yr and even 2025, meanwhile Putin and MBS discussed the PGA tour as well.

1686229101210.png

boston massacre

EOG Master
OIL the wayyyyy!!!

Lionel Messi Is Going To Inter Miami In MLS.

It Was Either Back To Barcelona, Saudi Arabia, or Miami.

Did Anybody See The Offer Saudi Arabia Put On The Table ?

STRATOSPHERE NUMBERS !!

2 Years/ 1.3 Billion !!!!!!!!!!!

650 Million A Year.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Is Rory a "little bitch"? If LIV is going away the guys at LIV certainly aren't aware of it.

Rory McIlroy was one of the most outspoken critics of LIV Golf over the last year. And it appears that LIV Golf was paying attention.

One of the major innovations LIV brought to pro golf was the team format. As the discussions mount about how to incorporate the team format with the current PGA Tour players, golf reporter Alan Shipnuck reports that one LIV executive doesn’t think Rory McIlroy will be in high demand.

“Now we can finally get Hideki [Matsuyama] and Jon Rahm. I would say every big name on the PGA Tour will get an offer. Except Rory. Nobody wants that little bitch on their team,” the executive said to Shipnuck.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
If you think that the players from LIV are coming back freely after 2023 you are nuts…some kind of compensation will be installed to PGA members for that to happen…

mr merlin

EOG Master
If you think that the players from LIV are coming back freely after 2023 you are nuts…some kind of compensation will be installed to PGA members for that to happen…
Compensation for what, being chumps? They've already received more money because the PGA raised purses to compete.

Anyway, here's a golf digest article - it certainly doesn't appear that LIV is going away and implies that the saudi guy will be calling the shots from now on - on everything.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I would expect that every player who left and had a PGA card will simply be given another one, no jumping through hoops, no apologies, no nothing, the PGA players wont like it but there's nothing they can do about it.

If LIV continues most of them will have no desire to come back to the reg tour, what will happen is they will play part time on the reg tour - maybe 5-6-7 tournaments/yr to stay sharp and fill a normal golf schedule.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Compensation for what, being chumps? They've already received more money because the PGA raised purses to compete.

Anyway, here's a golf digest article - it certainly doesn't appear that LIV is going away and implies that the saudi guy will be calling the shots from now on - on everything.

The PGA says that this is not a merger and that they still call the shots….

mr merlin

EOG Master
The PGA says that this is not a merger and that they still call the shots….
That's what they think, but is that the case, I dont know for sure, I'm just going off the reports I've read. For instance the PGA will be run by the board of directors and the saudi guy will only be one of 5 or 6. But ultimately the saudi PIF group will control the board(I think), so he could simply replace the board if they wont do what he wants.

The golf digest article basically said he is "allowing" monaham to run the day to day operations. He could change his mind.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I've heard the talking heads on the golf channel saying stuff like DJ, koepka, mickleson, etc who received huge money, and still have yearly money coming since some of it is in installments will not get that money or even pay it back.

Who the heck do these clowns think they are, that's not the PGA's money, it didn't come from them, they have no say in what or how the saudi's do business. None of that will happen IMO.