Navy SEAL requiremnets

Seymour

EOG Dedicated
Re: navy seal requiremnets

Why do I read Railbird's threads? It's always something so fucking delusional that somehow is shaded towards California.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

Um no, Phelps is not human - if you took the top athletes - say the DB's and WR's - and they trained properly - they would waltz through military program - don't get me wrong - these military guys are good at what they do but they've gotten to where they are through training - the top athletes in this country were born gifted and then trained to excel - I can assure you any top athlete in this country could be a Navy seal as long as they could make the committment - and any top athlete could kick the shit out of any Navy seal 8 days a week

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Um no, Phelps is not human - if you took the top athletes - say the DB's and WR's - and they trained properly - they would waltz through military program - don't get me wrong - these military guys are good at what they do but they've gotten to where they are through training - the top athletes in this country were born gifted and then trained to excel - I can assure you any top athlete in this country could be a Navy seal as long as they could make the committment - and any top athlete could kick the shit out of any Navy seal 8 days a week

The part about trained properly was never mentioned regarding Michael Phelps. It was if you put them both in a pool what would happen and if you did that right now I guarantee you Phelps would be killed.

Also, sure this is about physical ability but most of this training is about mental toughness and the ability to withstand the worst of the worst conditions and pain.

If you don't think these Special Ops guys lift weights or are in as good as condition as any top athlete then you are mistaken. Some of them are very large individuals that in a prior life were pretty good athletes.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

And another thing, nobody walks through the BUDS program. Nobody can just walk in and become a SEAL. It just doesn't happen. There's a reason very few graduate and just because you're a professional athlete doesn't mean they'll make it. It's not for everyone. I would consider Colt McCoy (for example) a top athlete and I don't think there's a way in hell he makes it through BUDS.

That is just plain stupid to say, all depends who it is.

ballwonder

EOG Master

:LMAO............dude you cannot be serious.

ballwonder

EOG Master

Dude these guys jumped from the air and parachuted into the ocean right? Shot sniper off the back of a moving ship in rough seas at a boat that was intow behind them. And shot them in the night with each one only needing one shot, you tell me who the athlete is? You figure most athletes are on the down side at 30......these guys are not even near that.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

Dude these guys jumped from the air and parachuted into the ocean right? Shot sniper off the back of a moving ship in rough seas at a boat that was intow behind them. And shot them in the night with each one only needing one shot, you tell me who the athlete is? You figure most athletes are on the down side at 30......these guys are not even near that.

Not only that Ball but they had to have shot them within seconds of each other and from 75 yards away. That is one hell of a mission but hell, I'm sure Pedro Martinez could've done that.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

You are kidding as well :doh1 you're talking about a athlete that is going to kick the shit of of a Trained killer ?

Please put the pipe down, it's really fucking up your mind

JeffEaglz

EOG Enthusiast

Requirement 2....

Being able to spell "requirements".

For the love of God, can you stop producing undue pressure on EOG to recommend Navy Seals candidates?

The job here is to supply winning baseball bets.

Return to the task, soldier!

janus

EOG Dedicated

seals are the baddest motherfuckers around. the hottest chick i've ever seen was hanging on me at a bar in san diego; i thought i was king vitamin until a guy in the bathroom told me she was a seal's wife. i paid my tab & left without a word.

if she'd been a pro athlete's wife i'd have been bragging about banging her; as it was i literally laid low for weeks & hoped i never saw her again.

seals aren't just badasses physically, they're crazy.

as soon as this hostage situation broke out in somalia, i wondered how long it would be before the seals fixed it, one way or another.

janus

EOG Dedicated

Seal or an Army ranger in a fight assuming same size and strength?

seal. definitely the harder of the 2. dropout seals consider rangers training.

believe it or not, the guy who lives across the street from me is both. he's currently overseas in special forces ops. needless to say, i don't fuck with him too much.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

seals are the baddest motherfuckers around. the hottest chick i've ever seen was hanging on me at a bar in san diego; i thought i was king vitamin until a guy in the bathroom told me she was a seal's wife. i paid my tab & left without a word.

if she'd been a pro athlete's wife i'd have been bragging about banging her; as it was i literally laid low for weeks & hoped i never saw her again.

seals aren't just badasses physically, they're crazy.

as soon as this hostage situation broke out in somalia, i wondered how long it would be before the seals fixed it, one way or another.

I participated in a training exercise in the Baltic Sea one time that included SEALS and other countrie's special forces. The scenario was that a ferry boat with 50 or so passengers had been hijacked and the SEALS were to retake the boat.

The water was near freezing and the boat was going about 60 MPH and all of a sudden the boat was stormed by some of the biggest bad asses I'd ever seen. These guys came up on dingys and climbed up the side of the boat going that fast and in that freezing ass cold water. These guys immediately took control of the situation.

I'll take Railbird's exit from this thread to mean he just said some bullshit to stir the turd and knew he was full of crap.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i own a video series on the seals BUDS program from the discovery channel; it sounds like a few others here have seen it.

i often pop the vids in when i'm feeling sorry for myself for one reason or another, or feeling lazy. those bastards get ground to powder in the BUDS program, absolute powder. i'd never make it, and nobody i've ever known would either.... not even close. these guys are psycho. it makes the regular military look like a joke. the 90 people who show up are trained, highly respected operators in the military communities from which they are chosen, and 75% of them can't cut even 3 weeks of basic training (BUDS), let alone the rest of it.

seals are bad motherfuckers.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

i own a video series on the seals BUDS program from the discovery channel; it sounds like a few others here have seen it.

i often pop the vids in when i'm feeling sorry for myself for one reason or another, or feeling lazy. those bastards get ground to powder in the BUDS program, absolute powder. i'd never make it, and nobody i've ever known would either.... not even close. these guys are psycho. it makes the regular military look like a joke. the 90 people who show up are trained, highly respected operators in the military communities from which they are chosen, and 75% of them can't cut even 3 weeks of basic training (BUDS), let alone the rest of it.

seals are bad motherfuckers.

Funny thing is most (not all) in the regular military would run circles around Railbird and most here but can't come close to making it as special operators. I used to work for a woman that ran track and field at a major university. She could run all damn day long and do as many push ups and situps as you want. She is a machine.

janus

EOG Dedicated

Funny thing is most (not all) in the regular military would run circles around Railbird and most here but can't come close to making it as special operators. I used to work for a woman that ran track and field at a major university. She could run all damn day long and do as many push ups and situps as you want. She is a machine.

my kind of woman.

railbird

EOG Master

I participated in a training exercise in the Baltic Sea one time that included SEALS and other countrie's special forces. The scenario was that a ferry boat with 50 or so passengers had been hijacked and the SEALS were to retake the boat.

The water was near freezing and the boat was going about 60 MPH and all of a sudden the boat was stormed by some of the biggest bad asses I'd ever seen. These guys came up on dingys and climbed up the side of the boat going that fast and in that freezing ass cold water. These guys immediately took control of the situation.

I'll take Railbird's exit from this thread to mean he just said some bullshit to stir the turd and knew he was full of crap.

I said I would take Huntington Beach lifeguards in a run swim run or a swim run swim contest. And I stand by that.

janus

EOG Dedicated

I said I would take Huntington Beach lifeguards in a run swim run or a swim run swim contest. And I stand by that.

the question remains why you'd reference huntington beach lifeguards in a thread about navy seals.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

I guess I, like all others here, (except WVU the running man) want to know why in the world you'd think this and what is a run swim contest? Are you talking run a mile and swim a mile and whoever finishes first is the winner?

What makes a Huntington Beach lifeguard so bad ass?

railbird

EOG Master

the question remains why you'd reference huntington beach lifeguards in a thread about navy seals.

I started this thread. The thread was started because I had heard navy seals were extraoridinary but was suprised to see how easy the screening requirements were. looking at the numbers I posted in post #1 of this thread and knowing what kind of numbers that Huntington Beach lifeguards have to put up and its not even close. So I was taken back a bit.

railbird

EOG Master

I guess I, like all others here, (except WVU the running man) want to know why in the world you'd think this and what is a run swim contest? Are you talking run a mile and swim a mile and whoever finishes first is the winner?

What makes a Huntington Beach lifeguard so bad ass?

The jobs available ratio to the people wanting the job is like 100 to 1. Where as the military is begging people to sign up, with being a HB lifeguard its the opposite. It is a prestigious job and highly sought after.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

I started this thread. The thread was started because I had heard navy seals were extraoridinary but was suprised to see how easy the screening requirements were. looking at the numbers I posted in post #1 of this thread and knowing what kind of numbers that Huntington Beach lifeguards have to put up and its not even close. So I was taken back a bit.

NOOOOOOOO, that NOT what you said

<TABLE class=tborder id=post2084090 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 04-13-09, 07:21 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #2 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>railbird<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_2084090", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Addicted

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_2084090 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: navy seal requiremnets
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Any 14 yr old on any highschool swim team can do this stuff. I am in the worst shape of my life right now and Im pretty sure I can do it. I thought the requirements were tougher.

The cut to be a Huntington Beach lifeguard is tougher.
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

janus

EOG Dedicated

I started this thread. The thread was started because I had heard navy seals were extraoridinary but was suprised to see how easy the screening requirements were.

you were mistaken in whatever you thought you learned about their screening requirements. their screening requirements are well documented and more rigorous than any sane person could endure. your source is shit.

one requirement to even pass the first 3 weeks is a 4 mile run in boots on a sandy beach in less than 32 minutes. i dont know where you got your information, but its wrong. comparing them to regular military is a joke, let alone huntington beach lifeguards.

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

The jobs available ratio to the people wanting the job is like 100 to 1. Where as the military is begging people to sign up, with being a HB lifeguard its the opposite. It is a prestigious job and highly sought after.

Uh, no. Once again you are talking about stuff you no nothing about. The military is not begging anyone to come in and all branches are meeting recruiting goals with ease.

Let me ask you this if you think the lifeguard gig is so prestigious. Would you rather tell someone on a city streety you are a Huntingdon Beach lifeguard or a U.S. Navy SEAL? You don't just stumble into being a SEAL. And these dudes want the job so they can get paid to sit in a chair and look at beaver all day. Who wouldn't want that job?

Enfuego

EOG Dedicated

you were mistaken in whatever you thought you learned about their screening requirements. their screening requirements are well documented and more rigorous than any sane person could endure. your source is shit.

one requirement to even pass the first 3 weeks is a 4 mile run in boots on a sandy beach in less than 32 minutes. i dont know where you got your information, but its wrong. comparing them to regular military is a joke, let alone huntington beach lifeguards.

Janus, he's not talking BUDS but the initial test to even see if you're qualified to make it to BUDS. Either way, he's clueless.

railbird

EOG Master

HB lifeguards are in far better shape than any military. They have D1 swimmers and triathletes in those towers. 32min 4 miles is a piece of cake that is 8:00 mile.

janus

EOG Dedicated

Janus, he's not talking BUDS but the initial test to even see if you're qualified to make it to BUDS. Either way, he's clueless.

i've sat many a day & wished i had the stones to be one of those guys. to have them compared with fucking lifeguards is comic.

janus

EOG Dedicated

32min 4 miles is a piece of cake that is 8:00 mile.

in boots after you'd just finished getting trashed on another evolution 10 minutes prior?

you're higher than 15 hippies.

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

You know, they sound like they know what they are doing
But to compare them to Navy Seals, is a joke

Lifeguard Services<!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="content" --><!--Edit Content -->
Toyota Official Lifeguard
Vehicle of Surf City​

The Marine Safety Operation provides public safety from Beach Blvd. north to Sea Point Ave. Lifeguards patrol the 3.5-mile shoreline from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year. Daily staffing levels vary from five Marine Safety Officers in October through April, to as many as 65 lifeguards in the summer. During the fall and spring seasons, staffing levels are vary- based on attendance and weather conditions. Shifts are so staggered that no less than two lifeguards are on duty during the early morning and late evening hours.

Safety Services

Marine Safety Staff staff provides public safety through a variety of functions and responsibilities. The Ocean Lifeguard performs a vital role in providing frontline protection of life, limb, and property. Marine Safety Officers patrol and respond to ocean rescues, major medical and law enforcement incidents from their emergency vehicles and vessels. In addition, Marine Safety Officers supervise, train and assist the tower guards. Lieutenants oversee Marine Safety Officers as the Operations Supervisor, Training Lieutenant or Administrative Lieutenant.

Specialized Training and Rescue Services

Marine Safety staff are highly skilled experts in aquatic rescue and incident command. They are trained and equipped to respond to a variety of rescue incidents within and outside of their primary jurisdiction. This training and equipment make Marine Safety Specialized Rescue Teams a valuable resource for the city, and to other agencies requesting mutual aid assistance.
  • Specialized water rescue (near shore/offshore, underwater, swiftwater, contaminated water, flooding and tsunamis)
  • Specialized beach rescue (cliff & low angles, oil spills, terrorism, earthquakes and other disasters)
  • Specialized training (Emergency Medical Technician/Defibrillator certified, deputized as Peace Officers under PC 830.31, California Boating Safety Officer/Master Mariner's Certificate, Rescue PWC certified, First Responder/CPR Instructor certified, Incident Command & Management trained, Police Helicopter trained, WMD & SEMS Training, Rescue Systems training)

Pickandwin2

EOG Dedicated

Facilities & Inventories

• Marine Safety Headquarters, Marine Safety Education Center
  • 24 Lifeguard Towers & Tower Zero on the pier equipped with medical supplies
  • 11 Fully-equipped Toyota Emergency Vehicles
  • Underwater Search & Recovery Team Gear (SCUBA/Wetsuits & Dry suits)
  • Personal Protection Equipment for Chemical & Biological Exposures/Mark I Auto Injector Kits
  • 3 Twin-Engine Rescue Vessels
  • 4 Rescue Honda Personal Watercraft (PWC)
  • 1 Inflatable Rescue Boat (motorized)
  • 8 Inflatable flood boats
  • 4 Honda ATVs
  • Swiftwater/Flood Rescue Equipment
  • Cliff Rescue Gear Bags/Light Rescue Rigging Systems
  • 17 Automatic External Defibrillators
  • 800 MHz radio system (2 base stations, 15 portable, 15 mobile)

Statistics
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="81%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD></TD><TD align=right>2008</TD></TR><TR><TD>Attendance:</TD><TD align=right>10,569,438</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Rescues:</TD><TD align=right>4,039</TD></TR><TR><TD>Boat Rescues:</TD><TD align=right>14</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Vessel Value:</TD><TD align=right>$421,500</TD></TR><TR><TD>Preventative Actions:</TD><TD align=right>124,155</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Medical Aids:</TD><TD align=right>1,392</TD></TR><TR><TD>Law Enforcement Contacts:</TD><TD align=right>83,556</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Lost & Found Persons:</TD><TD align=right>287</TD></TR><TR><TD>Public Education Lectures:</TD><TD align=right>58</TD></TR><TR bgColor=#eeeeee><TD>Public Education Students:</TD><TD align=right>5,033</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Our History

Huntington Beach has grown from a sleepy beach town to a premier resort destination. The Marine Safety Operation has grown to continue to keep the surf safe in Surf City, and remains a leading agency as well as an international lifesaving model.
  • 1918 City established lifeguard service by hiring first lifeguards Henry Brooks and Robert Nutt to guard the beachfront.
  • 1931 City added Delbert "Bud" Higgins to assist Gene Belshe as first full-time year-round lifeguards.
  • 1932 City erected its first concrete-based towers at Huntington Ave., Third Street and Sixth Street.
  • 1938 Chief Higgins merged Lifeguards with Fire Department, first used radios, telephones, four-wheel drive vehicles, rescue paddleboards.
  • 1957 Vincent Moorhouse promoted to Chief Lifeguard and applied his Navy Seals training to lifesaving and created the Perimeter Defense System and other programs that forever changed lifesaving; Huntington Beach becomes international lifesaving model
  • 1963 Captain Max Bowman helped build and design the original Tower Zero on the pier. The tower was moved to the new pier in 1991 and replaced in 2000
  • 1964 Lifeguard HQ was built at First Street (demolished in 2002).
  • 1979 Harbors and Beaches Department consolidated with Recreation and Parks Department to become the Community Services Department under Director Moorhouse.
  • 1980s Marked the use of Inflatable Rescue Boats and the creation of Swiftwater, Flood Rescue, and Cliff Rescue Teams.
  • 1990s Huntington Beach was among the first agencies to use Personal Water Craft in surf rescue and deploy Automatic External Defibrillators in all response units.
  • 2005 The new Marine Safety Headquarters and the Marine Safety Educational Center (Home of the Junior Lifeguards) completed.
  • 2008 and 2009 Marine Safety featurd on TRUTV in television series "Ocean Force: Huntington Beach, OC."