Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Leaked White House data shows infections spiking more than 1,000% in rural areas that backed TrumpTrump claims cases are falling everywhere. An unreleased task force report shows massive spikes in the heartland
IGOR DERYSHMAY 12, 2020 9:49PM (UTC)A leaked unreleased White House coronavirus task force report showing cases spiking in areas across the country has undercut President Donald Trump's claim that cases are declining across the nation."You know, the numbers are coming down very rapidly all throughout the country, by the way," Trump declared at a Monday news conference. "There may be one exception, but all throughout the country, the numbers are coming down rapidly."

This is, of course, not true. Though cases are decreasing in 14 states, they are rising in nine states, according to The New York Times. A lack of widespread testing in 27 other states, plus Washington and Puerto Rico, suggests that cases in those areas are being undercounted.But a leaked coronavirus task force report obtained by NBC News shows that some parts of the country — rural counties in Tennessee and Kansas — have seen cases balloon by more than 1,000% in a matter of one week. Other counties in Missouri, Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin saw increases of more than 400%.Dr. John Ross, a professor at Harvard Medical School, pointed out that all but one of the top 10 counties that saw the largest increases voted for President Donald Trump in 2016.

The top 10 cities in the report, which was produced on May 7, saw cases increases by more than 72% over seven days. Some areas, like St. Louis and Central City, Ky., saw cases skyrocket by 650% over that span. St. Cloud, Minn., saw cases increase by more than 400%. Other cities like Gainesville, Ga., Racine, Wisc., and Nashville saw increases of more than 100% over a single week.​
A separate graph listing "locations to watch" include Kansas City, Mo., and Charlotte, which saw increases of more than 200% over the previous week.
The report found that statewide cases in Minnesota increased by nearly 100% over a single week while New Mexico, Tennessee, Wisconsin and the nation's capital saw increases of more than 40%.

Despite the alarming increases, Trump has continued to publicly and falsely claim that cases are falling nearly everywhere.
"Coronavirus numbers are looking MUCH better, going down almost everywhere," he tweeted Tuesday.
Medical professionals criticized Trump's attempts to spin rising death counts.

"Anybody that claims we're on a downward trajectory nationally is out of touch with reality," Dr. Irwin Redlener, the director of the Columbia University National Center for Disaster Preparedness, told NBC News, adding that even the rising numbers do not tell the full story. "There isn't a single state in the union that has sufficient testing."
Though states like New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, which were hit hard early, have seen numbers decline, the nation has a rising curve when New York's massive totals are excluded.
"It's not appropriate to say the U.S. is consistently on a downward trend at all," Redlener said. "In some places, it might be the direct opposite of that."

Trump has also complained to advisers about the way that deaths are counted, arguing that the "real numbers are actually lower," Axios reported last week.
But medical experts, including those on Trump's own task force, say the opposite is true.
"Most of us feel that the number of deaths are likely higher than" the 80,000 that is currently reported, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, testified to a Senate committee on Tuesday. "The number is likely higher. I don't know exactly what percent higher, but almost certainly, it's higher."

Fauci also pushed back on Trump's optimism and pressure on states to reopen businesses during the hearing.
"If some areas, cities, states or what-have-you jump over those various checkpoints and prematurely open up without having the capability of being able to respond effectively and efficiently, my concern is that we will start to see little spikes that might turn into outbreaks," Fauci said. "I have been very clear in my message — to try to the best extent possible to go by the guidelines, which have been very well thought out and very well delineated."
Fake news. Data mining.

considering their population density and geography that is a bit of an eye raising number, hopefully an anomaly, it puts them about 15th highest in terms of deaths per capita yesterday.

pretty much day in and day out your top death per capita states concide with the highest population density.

Yesterday 1 out of 177,694 South Dakota residents died of Coronavirus.
In California that number was 1 out 403,163 residents.
CA population density is over 20 times more dense than SD.
NJ was highest deaths per capita yesterday
1 in 44,410. Its well over 100 times more dense than SD.

They shouldn't shut down, but I think many low low population density areas that have these big meat processing plants and agricultural businesses should build or utilized existing places to house and feed these essential workers so they aren't getting contaminated in their filthy living situations and infecting other workers and other residents. We can build temporary hospitals for certain states that weren't even needed. Why not help out these rural areas, beceause it literally can and is affecting us on a day to day basis with our supply chains.

RankState NamePopulationLand Area (sq mi)Population Density
1 New Jersey 1,207.8
2 Rhode Island 1,010.8
3 Massachusetts 866.6
4 Connecticut 741.2
5 Maryland 614.5
6 Delaware 484.1
7 NewYork 419.3
8 Florida 375.9
9 Pennsylvania 285.7
10 Ohio 283.6
11 California 251.0
12 Illinois 231.4
13 Hawaii 222.9
14 Virginia 211.7
15 North Carolina 206.2
16. Indiana 184.6
17. Georgia 176
18. Michigan 174.7
19. South Carolina 162.6
20. Tenn 160.1

46. South Dakota 11.3
That was 1 day. Normally SD is 0 deaths.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
That was 1 day. Normally SD is 0 deaths.

like I said Hopefully an Anomaly. and a bit weird

They are 13th in total Cases per Million overall though, so it does make sense that they would start to peak soon.

Let's not take any chances, i'm sick of limits on how much Meat people can buy. Let's just isolate those dirty immigrant meat packers away from the rest of society and let them get running for steam again.

boston massacre

EOG Master
I dont know the details in other states but it's fake news in MN, all the 'spikes" are do to localized breakouts in 1 large facility, prison, etc. The statewide increases are largely do to greatly increased testing, not the virus spreading more widely. For 6 weeks mn was testing between 1000-1500 people a day, now were doing about 5K and they're also mass testing in nursing homes and prisons where the virus already exists and positives are expected.

He's a FAKE NEWS GUY !

boston massacre

EOG Master
Let's forget I asked you why you hate her. I'll give you facts about AOC and you can tell me which you dislike. Answer anytime and anyone even people in the back so we can all hear you.

Aoc was born in the Bronx
Daughter to 2 legal citizens who deported from Puerto Rico
They were very poor lived in south bronx projects and parents worked 3 jobs each at times
She saw major flaws in her area and district
Her father and uncle saved money to take her to the White House once a year to make sure she knew the history of this great land
She studies impossibly hard and excels at every single academic level and receives small grants while becoming valedictorian at a high school.
She recieves a invitation to 3 ivy league schools but cant even come close to half tuition
She attends boston university
and excels. She receives a BA and finishes 3rd in her class.
She moves back to the bronx to see her neighborhood has fallen even more and more. She becomes a activist and has to bartend while she attends post grad school.
She gets so motivated by her everyday surroundings that she decides to run for district representative and is so low in polls her opponents dont even show up for debates. She masters social media and one follower after another she becomes something to the point her opponents can no longer ignore her.
She spends every waking hour fighting for the voiceless of queens and bronx and going to areas no politician had set foot in ages.
She wins!
She goes to the White House with her father, boyfriend and sister and breaks down in joy and emotion.

What is that you dislike? She is 28 years old when sworn into office. If that isnt the american dream. What america would you like to live in? She is now 30 and has 22 million combined twitter, Instagram and facebook followers. So what could you possibly dislike to the point of saying you hate her?

She Doesn't do Shit for America.

Only for ILLEGALS !

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Anybody who thinks AOC is good is an auto ignore....

Let's face it. You hate her because shes a woman, who's a minority and that angers your president so you have to agree.

She is supposed to stay in the sound view projects working 2 minimum wage jobs and being a servant to make white America more relaxed. If she has kids and cant make bills then she needs government aid she's everything that is wrong with this country.

How dare she get educated, excel at every step of the way! What's next she's going to fight for poor people and be a voice of Puerto ricans?! Omg she is beyond evil. Lock her up!

kane

EOG master
Anybody who thinks AOC is good is an auto ignore....

Well, I guess you'll be putting me on ignore then. There's no way I can articulate things the way Drink can, so I won't even try, I'll just simply state that whether or not you agree with her politics, AOC is a great American success story, and I'll leave it at that

blueline

EOG Master
Well, I guess you'll be putting me on ignore then. There's no way I can articulate things the way Drink can, so I won't even try, I'll just simply state that whether or not you agree with her politics, AOC is a great American success story, and I'll leave it at that
GOPers love to try and claim the moral high ground on patriotism..she is a true American success story

Green new deal, 70 percent tax rate ( every big business will leave the US) free college, free medical, guaranteed income, don’t work now, abolish ICE.

Valuist

EOG Master
Not if people blame dem governors.

Dems best hope is a hard second wave in the fall. If that doesn't happen, the Dem governors, and a few others, like DeWine, will get the blame. And so will the medical experts like Fauci and Amy Acton, as well as the fake medical expert, Billy Gates. Many may well be saying Sweden was the only one to get it right.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Drnk - no doubt she has a great story and is a great role model for many. Her and I are on the opposite end of politics. Let’s hope she doesn’t sell out like many others have.

kane

EOG master
Green new deal, 70 percent tax rate ( every big business will leave the US) free college, free medical, guaranteed income, don’t work now, abolish ICE.

Unlike you I don't have to be in lock step with everything a politician thinks, and I said put her politics aside and learn about her story, the things she's overcome to get where she is. You don't have to agree with her politics to accept the fact that she's a great American success story

kane

EOG master
Dems best hope is a hard second wave in the fall. If that doesn't happen, the Dem governors, and a few others, like DeWine, will get the blame. And so will the medical experts like Fauci and Amy Acton, as well as the fake medical expert, Billy Gates. Many may well be saying Sweden was the only one to get it right.

Get the blame for what? For saving lives? People are going to blame governors for shutting things down in order to save lives? I don't think so, and for everyone complaining that they're not working, they should feel fortunate to be alive so that they can complain, 80,000 of their fellow Americans aren't in a position to complain, and that number will grow bigly in the coming months

Valuist

EOG Master
Get the blame for what? For saving lives? People are going to blame governors for shutting things down in order to save lives? I don't think so, and for everyone complaining that they're not working, they should feel fortunate to be alive so that they can complain, 80,000 of their fellow Americans aren't in a position to complain, and that number will grow bigly in the coming months

For destroying the economy by shutting it down too long.

What did shoe overcome?

kane

EOG master
Let's forget I asked you why you hate her. I'll give you facts about AOC and you can tell me which you dislike. Answer anytime and anyone even people in the back so we can all hear you.

Aoc was born in the Bronx
Daughter to 2 legal citizens who deported from Puerto Rico
They were very poor lived in south bronx projects and parents worked 3 jobs each at times
She saw major flaws in her area and district
Her father and uncle saved money to take her to the White House once a year to make sure she knew the history of this great land
She studies impossibly hard and excels at every single academic level and receives small grants while becoming valedictorian at a high school.
She recieves a invitation to 3 ivy league schools but cant even come close to half tuition
She attends boston university
and excels. She receives a BA and finishes 3rd in her class.
She moves back to the bronx to see her neighborhood has fallen even more and more. She becomes a activist and has to bartend while she attends post grad school.
She gets so motivated by her everyday surroundings that she decides to run for district representative and is so low in polls her opponents dont even show up for debates. She masters social media and one follower after another she becomes something to the point her opponents can no longer ignore her.
She spends every waking hour fighting for the voiceless of queens and bronx and going to areas no politician had set foot in ages.
She wins!
She goes to the White House with her father, boyfriend and sister and breaks down in joy and emotion.

What is that you dislike? She is 28 years old when sworn into office. If that isnt the american dream. What america would you like to live in? She is now 30 and has 22 million combined twitter, Instagram and facebook followers. So what could you possibly dislike to the point of saying you hate her?

Everyone should read this, put politics aside and read this, then tell me she's not a great American success story

kane

EOG master
What did shoe overcome?

Read what Drink posted that I just bumped, of course knowing you, you'll brush it all aside and ignore what she was able to overcome in life to get where she is, if she was a republican you'd be drooling all over her. You're someone who sees and judges everything through a political lens, which is sad

Read what Drink posted that I just bumped, of course knowing you, you'll brush it all aside and ignore what she was able to overcome in life to get where she is, if she was a republican you'd be drooling all over her. You're someone who sees and judges everything through a political lens, which is sad
It's fake news. Her father was born in NY. He was the President of an Architecture Firm.

kane

EOG master
It's fake news. Her father was born in NY. He was the President of an Architecture Firm.

You're right, her father was born to Puerto Rican parents in the Bronx, but he passed away when she was 19, which only makes her story even more amazing, in addition to everything else she's overcome, she also did it while losing her dad to cancer at an early age

You're right, her father was born to Puerto Rican parents in the Bronx, but he passed away when she was 19, which only makes her story even more amazing, in addition to everything else she's overcome, she also did it while losing her dad to cancer at an early age
You posted a story saying she grew up poor in the Bronx. She grew up in a rich neighborhood, she went to an elite high school and then BC. You are now known as Past posting Fake News Kane.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated

Lol I'm the fake news. Father passed away from cancer.

Why wouldnt someone just watch a hour and 14 minute documentary on Netflix where you follow her campaign and watch her entire story for free. I'll lend you the password Raiders and cheap seats. We all have obstacles to deal with in life.

To say she hasn't had to overcome more than 99% of americans is plainly ignorant. Give me a politician who shows more passion and cares more about causes than her. I'll wait. Let's face it if she was anti climate, anti environment and white she would be a hero to you.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
You posted a story saying she grew up poor in the Bronx. She grew up in a rich neighborhood, she went to an elite high school and then BC. You are now known as Past posting Fake News Kane.

This is also incorrect. Can you tell me the name of that high school and also can you tell me the rich neighborhood? Go back to 2009 please.