WHO WILL BE THE 2006 BEST DAMN NFL HANDICAPPER AT EOG.COM? Contest closed!

mofome

Banned
The General said:
1. The General
2. THE SHRINK
3. Reload

are you expecting any cappers to enter or just those 3 and mcp twice?

:+clueless

b/c right there is 1250 bucks headed towards the send Mo to hawaii fund

:)

mofome

Banned
The General said:
I'm going to set the over/under at 38 for this Mo

if this was only a 8 week season i would be 50/50 on reaching that target. should this be a 17 week season as most are, i should pass that mark by sometime around 4pm of week 9

:D

BlackJack

EOG Addicted
The General said:
Pushes will supercede losses. In case of a tie, which is doubtful, we will ask those persons to continue making selections into the playoffs.

I guess I am really thick becauz I am still confused....

85 games:

Poster 1:

45 wins 35 losses 5 pushes

Poster 2:

40 wins 25 losses 20 pushes

***Obviously in the real world poster # 2 had a much better season, but how is this going to be graded exactly for contest purposes?***

I'll get in when we find out how much a book is adding to the prize fund. I don't want my fellow posters money nearly as much as the books.

-K1

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
K-ONE said:
I'll get in when we find out how much a book is adding to the prize fund. I don't want my fellow posters money nearly as much as the books.

-K1

k-one.......There will be no contributions by a book

Greek Sports Book is merely holding the funds we all are putting up.

8. Payout will be 70/20/10 using post-up funds only and any funds that THE GREEK may add with participation

Hache Man

My mistake guys....

Last I had read is there would be no contributions from a book to keep from any rollovers being required, that guys wanted to win straight up cash only.
...:doh1

mofome

Banned
Hache Man said:
My mistake guys....

Last I had read is there would be no contributions from a book to keep from any rollovers being required, that guys wanted to win straight up cash only.
...:doh1

there will be no rollovers required

:cheers

Hache Man

mofome said:
there will be no rollovers required

Yeah, saw one of General's last posts now.

Early on though there was complaining by a couple that said they didn't want a book involved & no rollovers. I guess that's the last thing that stuck in my head.

Regardless, can't see why anyone would be concerned about Greek being involved............:cheers

mofome

Banned
Hache Man said:
Yeah, saw one of General's last posts now.

Early on though there was complaining by a couple that said they didn't want a book involved & no rollovers. I guess that's the last thing that stuck in my head.

Regardless, can't see why anyone would be concerned about Greek being involved............:cheers

thegreek being involved is a great things and should be an attraction to the contest. they are all class and have been for years

Hache Man

Blackjack, mobuddy, The General is calling all of the shots regarding rules on this.

I believe he is trying to stick with "original" rules as much as possible instead of changing too much to avoid confusion & disagreements.

I'm sure he'll respond soon on what his opinion is regarding which is considered better, more overall wins, or the better winning percentage.....

MCP

it should be most wins..and if there is a tie, the PLAYERS should decide how they want to proceed.. either with an agreeable split of the money or a "playoff"

mofome

Banned
Hache Man said:
Blackjack, mobuddy, The General is calling all of the shots regarding rules on this.

I beleive he is trying to stick with "original" rules as much as possible instead of changing too much to avoid confusion & disagreements.

I'm sure he'll respond soon on what his opinion is regarding which is considered better, more overall wins, or the better winning percentage.....

this has been the case in the past and he (the general) has always done a remarkable job. give the man short notice and he can put anything together, with this much notification the contest will be flawless. there is not a better man to put together something of this size for eog.com

people will be pleased

mofome

Banned
MCP said:
it should be most wins..and if there is a tie, the PLAYERS should decide how they want to proceed.. either with an agreeable split of the money or a "playoff"

every detail of the contest should, and will, be sorted out prior to kick off of week ones first game.

Hache Man

mofome said:
this has been the case in the past and he (the general) has always done a remarkable job. give the man short notice and he can put anything together, with this much notification the contest will be flawless. there is not a better man to put together something of this size for eog.com

people will be pleased

Agreed.......

MCP

well the earlier we get everything ironed out and set in stone, the more participants there will be

mofome

Banned
MCP said:
well the earlier we get everything ironed out and set in stone, the more participants there will be

what is seen here is 1/5th of what the general puts into things. he put his name behind the contest and will ensure it is nothing short of a 5 star contest.
trust me, you will be pleased, MCP.

well, i should say, you will be pleased prior to the conclusion of week 1, when you find yourself 5 games behind me.

MCP

mo if you plan on entering you better start trolling the streets for aluminum cans so you can come up with the entry fee

look forward to waxing you.. oh and if you fall short of the buy in, let me know, I'll help you out little buddy.

madsiz

EOG Addicted
can the greek offer a $500 free play account for monthly prizes and have a rollover on the monthly prize...and no rollover on the final prizes?..and this final winner deal, it sounds like there's a slim chance for a sticky situation...should find a way to determine the definite winner without postseason picks.....i'm in for sure either way...

Guys, We have been having this contest for over 5 years now with The Greek and Wally handling all the funds.
Every year they have been adding to the pot and contributing funds since many of us will play there as well.
Wally and Margaret have done a great job of supporting us over the years and we have brought many players there and appreciate their efforts when we were at another site.
We never had the masses that we have here at EOG so I can only imagine it getting better.

But nobody has to play a penny there, it is a way to have the funds secure and guaranteed when payouts are done.

Lets all make our deposits, hopefully many of us will play some at the site and Wally will double the prize fund ;) since it is so in his best interests. lol

We should have the rules set in stone, no excuses and have a vote at a deadline.

And remember my 14 year old won this contest last year going over 65% all year long. And we had over 40 entries. So it absolutely is a crapshoot.

Thanks General for putting this together once again.

The 6th Annual NFL Contest is about to begin.

mofome

Banned
MCP said:
mo if you plan on entering you better start trolling the streets for aluminum cans so you can come up with the entry fee

look forward to waxing you.. oh and if you fall short of the buy in, let me know, I'll help you out little buddy.

little in the waste, not in the pants....we're opposites of sorts now arent we?

dont worry about me, you beating me in any form of competition is simply not an option that you sustain

bol, cheeseburger

MCP

well the only form of competition we have been involved in was the KOH.. I think I outlasted you by 3 rounds :)

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
It will be fun Team

The day you are declared winner is the day you may withdraw your funds if you wish. I would suggest we all be betting football at THE GREEK anyhow.

HAPPY Independence Day

BlackJack

EOG Addicted

it seems to me the most logical way to do it is to grade each winner at +100. to grade each loser at -110 and to grade each push at 0.

Most units won.... after all, its a capping contest..... woudnt it be silly to have somone who won more units lose the contest?

ill be in if the grading is clarified.

mofome

Banned
MCP said:
well the only form of competition we have been involved in was the KOH.. I think I outlasted you by 3 rounds :)

i can only chalk that up to your unwillingness to post plays, cap games, enter contest, or been judged.

fair enough....

in bases you would have no chance at any year long endeavor. In the nfl, however, spooky i know is my superior as there is a lot for me to learn in terms of capping that game. lots to learn in all sports trully, but the nfl i believe is the sport that i have the most interest and knowledge about that i cant say i will certainly beat ass in. NCAAF, MLB, NCAAB i typically am fine. But the NFL is a challenge to most all of us and this is a contest i am very much looking forward to. i will talk my shit, but i know my place in each sport, as things stand now. many years ahead of each of us and learning each year and the willingness to learn is what will make me a better NFL capper. I am unaware of your knowledge or talents in this area. I do notice that you have an overall understanding and knowledge of sports in general, but i couldnt honestly state that i think beating you or anyone else here is a done deal. I love the time you have to research each game, i also hate the time you have to research each game. most that know me from contests know that i have Zero pateince and will have my plays out about 10 minutes after the lines come out....do that in each baseball contest, did that in our NCAAF contest and the one year i was in the NFL contest i got my picks out as close to first as possible and i selected the redskins each week....i cant say i will be as indolent this time, but i will ask the general to lock me out of that contest room until thursday of each week to make certain

:D

bol mcp

mofome

Banned
mgspooky said:
And remember my 14 year old won this contest last year going over 65% all year long. And we had over 40 entries. So it absolutely is a crapshoot.

it would be an injustice to your boy not to, briefly, state the circumstances upon whcih he entered and was still able to succeed....

allowing you to remain your humble self, i will share that Mini Spooks only entered upon another posters backing out of the contest, after week one, and after a 1-3 showing. So, this youngster was able to come out on top after adopting a 1-3 record or there abouts. i was not in that one so im not 100% sure on the details of it, but i do know that he was at a bit of a disadvantage when entering...

also notable finishes from some of our friends, that i recall, would be our dear friend Dirty placing in the top 3 (on more than one occasion) while member, and good friend of mine, Cee, was able finished 1rst the year before last.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am definitely playing in Carib's NFL tourny. 100%. If last resort I will make a direct $250 deposit last weekend before deadline and buy in. For this one I would have to have an extra $250 at Oly or NETeller. The way Ive been going that is easier said than done but we'll see.

mofome said:
it would be an injustice to your boy not to, briefly, state the circumstances upon whcih he entered and was still able to succeed....

allowing you to remain your humble self, i will share that Mini Spooks only entered upon another posters backing out of the contest, after week one, and after a 1-3 showing. So, this youngster was able to come out on top after adopting a 1-3 record or there abouts. i was not in that one so im not 100% sure on the details of it, but i do know that he was at a bit of a disadvantage when entering...

also notable finishes from some of our friends, that i recall, would be our dear friend Dirty placing in the top 3 (on more than one occasion) while member, and good friend of mine, Cee, was able finished 1rst the year before last.

You got it sir. Took over a 1-3 or 0-4 team after week 1 and picked most of the games early in the week based on his love of animals and team mascots.
Pretty much led the competition week after week once he got on top and I humbly finished second and having to listen to him from there on out.

Some great cappers along with Dirty and Cee who claimed the championship in years past I believe. And not to mention the infamous MOFO who is up there in whatever contest he competes.

Should be fun once again. Would think that with over 50 entries, we may want to pay out from 1st thru 5th place and I am sure we should get over 50 since we were almost there last year without this marketing.

Happy Holiday guys.

dirty

EOG Master
Guys.....This is not complicated.... It is Most wins....it can't get more simple....

Here is the top 10 from the other site General was talking about

CONGRATS TO THOSE IN THE $$$ (parenthesis is this weeks record)

1) Tigereans 44-23-1 (3-1)
2) Mgspooky45 38-27-3 (2-2)
3t) Cajunkid 37-28-3 (0-4)
3t) Sugarman 37-28-3 (1-3)
5) Nedrow 36-28-4 (2-2)
6) Greenfield007 36-29-3 (1-3)
7) LebanonLightning 36-31-1 (1-3)
8) Vetrotex 35-30-3 (2-2)
9) Peterose 35-31-2 (1-3)
10) 51 to 7 34-30-4 (2-2)

Myself and spooky ran this contest. YOu see there was a Tie for 3rd place...They could have Broken the Tie and winner take all the first round of the playoffs or they could decide to split the pot.....

Every year we have a tie it seems and the posters respect the Job done by each other to finish in the money and they have always split the Money. If someone ties for First...you would Pool First and Second place money and split it...or if they tie for second you pool 2nd and 3rd place money together and split it...

Very very simple. All plays are against the spread or posted total...and thier is no need to play all at -110 to win 100..... Makes things more complicated than it needs to be.... this contest has gotten Bigger every year and is very fun... Sorry if some will not give it a chance with this Concept..... If not good luck in the contests you choose and Many here can attest that this is one of the More Fun Contests you can enter....

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Personally I'd like to se a winner take all prize. Why should second place win anything? 2nd place is worthless in every sport's championship except for maybe NCAA football. I sure as hell ain't gonna be playing for second place. It's THE BEST damn NFL Handicapper, not the fukkin second and third best. Give second and third a $25 coupon for Dominoes Pizza or something.

BetCRIS offers $25,000 Cash prizes with no rollover to the winners for ******** site. Why? Because ******** site plans the project immediately after the superbowl and makes it an annual event. I just don't understand why you all like to make the NFL contest as a last minute job? Do you think you can get a sponsor with 2 months left?

mofome

Banned
Augustus said:
BetCRIS offers $25,000 Cash prizes with no rollover to the winners for ******** site. Why? Because ******** site plans the project immediately after the superbowl and makes it an annual event. I just don't understand why you all like to make the NFL contest as a last minute job? Do you think you can get a sponsor with 2 months left?

a sponser isnt a problem. if you have other things you are more interested in and you dont like the work people are putting in here to put together something good, then, by all means, enjoy your other contests and everyone wishes you well.

:+waving-5

Sure we want a huge prize and the pride to say you are the best.
BUT, it is a fun contest as well. Pay out to a few people like always.
$250.00 is not a small amount to some people and for others that can afford it, then winning a larger amount is not as big a deal.

It has worked in the past and shall work in the future.

Lines are posted at the beginning of the week and those are the lines that we go by, whether or not their are injuries or any changes or adjustments to the lines.

Wish everyone well and have FUN!! Right MO!;)