I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

I was close to alone with my Pacman support. Very rarely does a betting opportunity come along where the false favorite is just toast ready to be popped out of the toaster. Old and done. Did not win a round. Looked like a bad sparring partner. Pretty much knew the result after the first round here.

Best Wishes...OF :houra

Check around, there were about 4 or 5 of us who were willing to take "a chance" :):LMAO::) on Manny.. I dont know if Ive ever been on a subject where I was this outnumbered in opinion.. I will admit it made me second guess for sure,.. I played the fight smaller than I was going to because of it. Good call though.

It took place. Pacman cleaned his clock, just like I said. Old and slow No longer Golden Boy could not even hang. He should just stay retired forever. Stick to producing and the easy life, his career is well done.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

What were you saying Valdosta? ::LMAO::

I don't disappear because of a loss. I was wrong, oh well. Oscar's size meant nothing, he was dominated by speed. Can't win them all and I am not sure why you think it's so funny? I lost $6400 but luckily for me I can brush it off pretty easy. I would have just said congrats but seems that you want to be a dick for some reason? Debating is fun for me, but laughing at someone losing money is a bit low. Whatever though.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't disappear because of a loss. I was wrong, oh well. Oscar's size meant nothing, he was dominated by speed. Can't win them all and I am not sure why you think it's so funny? I lost $6400 but luckily for me I can brush it off pretty easy. I would have just said congrats but seems that you want to be a dick for some reason? Debating is fun for me, but laughing at someone losing money is a bit low. Whatever though.

I told you speed would be the difference.

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1453929 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 08-27-08, 07:27 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #20 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>OMNIVOROUS FROG<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1453929", true); </SCRIPT>
NBA FROG

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1453929 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by valdosta
My opinion is the opposite of yours. I can respect differing views but here is mine. Wait until you see these guys standing next to each other, the size difference will be IMMENSE. You are right that ODLH is past prime but that is why he's fighting Pacquiao instead of Margarito. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Pacquiao-Juan Marquez fights. I thought Marquez beat Pacquiao in the rematch, and Oscar even now does everything better than Marquez (and is much bigger). Remember now, Pacquioa has only had ONE fight at 135, and he's skipping 140 and fighting at 147? He is jumping to many weight classes. Manny has never felt anything like what Oscar is going to hit him with. Make no mistake, Pacquiao WILL get hit, he's not a real good defensive fighter.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I know, big weight jump. But he is not small guy, and is only 2 1/2 inches shorter. I don't see how years of barely any activity against a guy in his prime will work. Oscar will not be that much bigger, when they are both at the same weight, and I think Pacman can gain it naturally where it will hurt Oscar dropping down. But to me the key is speed. I think Pacman will be able to beat Oscar to the punch over and over. I'll take the active faster guy in his prime, getting a good price against the Golden Boy that has really done nothing for 4 years. This ain't no photo op. Plus, almost every advisor to Oscar said, don't take it. He overruled them. Still, depends on the price.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

Thanks for the opinion, I respect it greatly.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

We had a great debate in this thread. And I don't recall laughing at your losses ever. I tried to warn you is all. We can read both of our opinions side by side here, what a great debate ending. Looked like every round to me.

Well your little emoticon guy is a laughing guy so it comes off as you laughing at me. I won't say that I don't care that I lost because losing always sucks. I have had much worse days though. Regardless, nice call. Manny Pacquiao has been a ridiculous thorn in my side the past few years. He is the 1 thing I can't get right in boxing. I have lost probably around 30k betting against him I would guess overall.

valdo - you'll get it back tomorrow in nfl sir.

valdo - you'll get it back tomorrow in nfl sir.

Thanks for the nice post but hell no I won't :+textinb3 I barely mess with the NFL. I'll get it back over time bat it won't be chasing on the NFL. Good Luck tomorrow.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Well your little emoticon guy is a laughing guy so it comes off as you laughing at me. I won't say that I don't care that I lost because losing always sucks. I have had much worse days though. Regardless, nice call. Manny Pacquiao has been a ridiculous thorn in my side the past few years. He is the 1 thing I can't get right in boxing. I have lost probably around 30k betting against him I would guess overall.

Sorry man, that was not my intent laughing at your losses. I was mainly laughing because you were so high on Oscar. I did not think about you having a bet on him. I won't do that again though, point taken. We had some great discussion in this thread either way. You had your days against me. Was my turn. Next.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

When I asked for your opinion I was hoping you liked Manny also. :rolleyes:

frog - if oscar wins, do you bump the thread?

just food for thought, sir.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Whoever posted that they think DLH was going to win please do me a favor. Don't post about boxing anymore. I was DYING to bet something against the 'name' fighter but got no real 'push' from the experts.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Whoever posted that they think DLH was going to win please do me a favor. Don't post about boxing anymore. I was DYING to bet something against the 'name' fighter but got no real 'push' from the experts.
Sorry FK. Really thought this 1 was hand picked for Oscar.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Sorry FK. Really thought this 1 was hand picked for Oscar.

maybe oscar knew he couldnt beat anyone decent so he picked a lighter fighter so he wouldnt get beat up so bad and still collect a nice payday.

frog - if oscar wins, do you bump the thread?

just food for thought, sir.

Not a big deal bumping this thread. He was completely right. I just didn't like the feeling that he was laughing at my lost wager (it was mentioned earlier in the thread). He wasn;t though, water under the bridge. If Oscar won I hadn't forgotten about this thread either.

maybe oscar knew he couldnt beat anyone decent so he picked a lighter fighter so he wouldnt get beat up so bad and still collect a nice payday.

He picked a smaller guy who used to be easier to hit. Pacquiao fought Oscar smart though and barely got touched. Oscar took Pacquiao because he thought he could win. I think he knew he couldn't compete with the elite at 147 anymore, but he just learned he can't even compete with the elite at 130. :hangt

Sorry man, that was not my intent laughing at your losses. I was mainly laughing because you were so high on Oscar. I did not think about you having a bet on him. I won't do that again though, point taken. We had some great discussion in this thread either way. You had your days against me. Was my turn. Next.

Best wishes...OF :cheers

When I asked for your opinion I was hoping you liked Manny also. :rolleyes:

Hard for me to pick a guy coming up so many weight classes. Oscar had never quite been dominated like he was tonight either.

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Now getting some real world lines. The Greek has

-2.50 Golden Oldie

+2.00 Pacman

Hate the vig but I think it might get bet down and exchanges will offer huge value. That's right about where I had it. If I was to make a line call I would say -2.20 would be available sometime. Is that a scalp against SloDog still? Might make -2.00. But it could reverse hard at end. I think heavy late money on Oscar. Could be a great fight.

Here is your last post in the thread before the fight about the fight? You said it could be a great fight. Nothing about liking the dog big time at this number when it came out.

But instead just a time to come back after that 3 star NBA loser break you took, to act like a genius when you are just pissed you didn't actually bet it, or very big at least. Sucks getting read like a book don't it?

As always, this Frog douche has the most fragile ego in the history of the forums. Just a basket case. Unbelievably important for him to look good on here, so luckily there are folks like me around to call a spade a spade and remind him of the EPIC NBA playoff meltdown after calling out Spreadbeater. Have a nice day douche. Hope you feel good about rubbing it in the DLH backers faces. The class I have come to expect from your fragile ass. You going to cry to mall cop Hoffa again?

ballwonder

EOG Master

Here is your last post in the thread before the fight about the fight? You said it could be a great fight. Nothing about liking the dog big time at this number when it came out.

But instead just a time to come back after that 3 star NBA loser break you took, to act like a genius when you are just pissed you didn't actually bet it, or very big at least. Sucks getting read like a book don't it?

As always, this Frog douche has the most fragile ego in the history of the forums. Just a basket case. Unbelievably important for him to look good on here, so luckily there are folks like me around to call a spade a spade and remind him of the EPIC NBA playoff meltdown after calling out Spreadbeater. Have a nice day douche. Hope you feel good about rubbing it in the DLH backers faces. The class I have come to expect from your fragile ass. You going to cry to mall cop Hoffa again?

Who cares, you are a fcking e-stalker that no one really takes seriously. Do you realize he has not posted in a few weeks and yet you still follow him around. You are creepy dude, seriously. Today is Sunday dont you have 610 fantasy football leagues to win in?

I think it is going to hurt Oscar to get down from his normal 154, and he is not exactly fast any longer. Mayweather just toyed with him for the payday, not wanting to mix it up. Pacman, if he has any power left, and that should be a given considering his natural size and training regimen will attack the Golden Boy like nothing he has seen. A lot of people advised Oscar, don't take the fight, but Oscar felt disrespected and now it is a macho thing. Plus he does not want to fight another Mexican for his going away fight. I think Pacman taking this fight in his prime, his intense pressure and speed will just be too much for way past his prime Oscar. Always get good odds with him though. Pacman has destroyed a lot tougher opponents as of late, especially Diaz. That was brutal.

Need to hear Valdosta's opinion of course.

Holy shit. :doh1

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I just don't have it any more. My heart still wants to fight, but when you physically can't respond, what can you do?

Oscar de la Hoya

All you heard coming in was how much of an advantage at size Oscar had. Too bad Pacman walks around at 145-150 now, his natural size. And he actually looked stronger and meaner at this weight. Then at fight time, oops, Pacman is the heavier guy, and it ain't fat. My prayers were answered as soon as this fight was signed. They could have fought ten times, and same results each time. Those last two rounds Pacman was just injuring Oscar with power shots from both hands. I have been touting Pacman since his arrival here in the US, back from the rx days. But he has got progressively better each fight. Everybody can bag on Oscar, and say he was totally shot, but this was a disaster of epic proportions style mismatch. Some of the shots he landed, or many of them would have ko'd lighter guys. And ponder that if Oscar comes out for the 9th scenario. I had the story for this fight written 3 months in advance. But as far as a live dog that almost could not lose, you just don't see these opportunities come along very often. I had to lay heavy in the Lennox/Tyson fight. Even Sugar Ray was a big dog against Norris. There are some fights that are decided before they even enter the ring. This was one of those.

Best Wishes...OF :+waving-5

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It's the MGM Valdosta what did you expect, $300 limit like SloDog? Bet you can have your friend collect it minutes after the fight, except they don't pay losing tickets. Yes he made 150, in his one and only fight in the last 18 months against a soup can. What do you mean he will easily be within 7 pounds? He is fat and out of shape now. He does a lot of business, photo ops, producing and mugging it up for whatever camera is rolling. While that is Pacman's natural weight, the weight he entered the ring at last fight when he destroyed hard headed Mexican fighter Diaz. Like most of the other hard headed Mexican fighters he has fought. Freddie Roach coached the Golden Boy, and he says he is no longer Golden, slow and full of himself. That hunger is gone. And it appears Pacman is getting better with each fight, his last one a masterpiece, a demolition. He does not play patty cake, he beats the shit out of opponents. And he is at his athletic prime, extremely active. Should be a great fight.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

I forgot you said you bet it. I think I told you to scalp it? I was on those early numbers like I was Bob Barker at Price is Right. We will both win the next one V!

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast

I downloaded and re-watched the fight and I still can't believe it. I knew I was in trouble when I saw those sticks DLH had for legs - he probably overtrained for the fight. But even then, I thought he would still manage to be the stronger, more effective guy.

Truth is, I think Pacquiao would've beat most versions of Oscar Saturday night. He put on the weight beautifully and barely lost any speed. That was sick to watch - in and out of range in a flash and every punch shook Oscar.
Pacquiao > Bruce Lee & Chuck Norris combined :+textinb3

royalfan

EOG Dedicated

Who cares, you are a fcking e-stalker that no one really takes seriously. Do you realize he has not posted in a few weeks and yet you still follow him around. You are creepy dude, seriously. Today is Sunday dont you have 610 fantasy football leagues to win in?

Stalking who? There was a thread about the fight that I read dumbfuck. And then I saw this egomaniac douchebag making fun of people that lost big money. I cannot respond to that? You look like an equally big dipshit defending that douchebag. Seems as though you stalk me. But that is okay. You are irrelevant anyway. Just another guy that is sort of there, that doesn't know a lot, as evidenced by your defending the fragile frog. The standings updater, nerd type guy that can't pick his ass, so tries to follow posters. I warned you once, and will give you one last one. You want to get involved in my business, then be prepared for what will come. Tilted Frog out of his mind, you may not want that treatment.