I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Just squabbling over purse split now, and they are getting close to compromise, about 10% difference. Even Freddie Roach said he would work for free to make it happen. Please, please let this fight happen.

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated
Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

Seriously Frog? I would much rather see Oscar fight Margarito. I think Pacman biting off a litttle more then he can chew here. Size difference seems to much to me

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Pacman going to go up to 147, welterweight. Would like to see some odd before I commit.

Best Wishes...OF 91023i2ndw;l

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

They agreed to a 2/3 1/3 split, it's a go.

Best Wishes...oF 91023i2ndw;l

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I think it is going to hurt Oscar to get down from his normal 154, and he is not exactly fast any longer. Mayweather just toyed with him for the payday, not wanting to mix it up. Pacman, if he has any power left, and that should be a given considering his natural size and training regimen will attack the Golden Boy like nothing he has seen. A lot of people advised Oscar, don't take the fight, but Oscar felt disrespected and now it is a macho thing. Plus he does not want to fight another Mexican for his going away fight. I think Pacman taking this fight in his prime, his intense pressure and speed will just be too much for way past his prime Oscar. Always get good odds with him though. Pacman has destroyed a lot tougher opponents as of late, especially Diaz. That was brutal.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

Need to hear Valdosta's opinion of course.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The last time Golden Boy fought someone with this style it was Bernard Hopkins, and he got dominated and Ko'd. Plus Oscar has been in semi retirement producing and other crap for 4 years now. He has only fought 4 times in the last 4 years and looks slower than hell. Plus people forget after his great legend he is mediocre his last 6 fights, going 50/50 with wins over Steve Forbes, Felix Sturm and Mayorga, who did not even show up. I have never seen Pacman not show up, and he looks better every fight he takes. Plus he is razor sharp, fighting all the real bad asses out there and dominating them. He is in his prime at 29. Oscar's friends are right, not a wise choice. He's been fighting anywhere from 150-160. That 147 at his age is going to be very tough.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers

scartown

EOG Senior Member

I'll take pacman in this one

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Press conference and official announcement tomorrow morning.

Best Wishes...oF :houra

Seriously Frog? I would much rather see Oscar fight Margarito. I think Pacman biting off a litttle more then he can chew here. Size difference seems to much to me
I don't think Oscar seriously wants any part of Margarito.

The last time Golden Boy fought someone with this style it was Bernard Hopkins, and he got dominated and Ko'd. Plus Oscar has been in semi retirement producing and other crap for 4 years now. He has only fought 4 times in the last 4 years and looks slower than hell. Plus people forget after his great legend he is mediocre his last 6 fights, going 50/50 with wins over Steve Forbes, Felix Sturm and Mayorga, who did not even show up. I have never seen Pacman not show up, and he looks better every fight he takes. Plus he is razor sharp, fighting all the real bad asses out there and dominating them. He is in his prime at 29. Oscar's friends are right, not a wise choice. He's been fighting anywhere from 150-160. That 147 at his age is going to be very tough.

Maybe you should get Royalfan's take on this. :blink:

You know he will have the winner. :rolleyes:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I don't think Oscar seriously wants any part of Margarito.

No, he specifically said no Mexicans. It was going to be Paul Williams, who already beat Margarito. Cotto never had a chance, it was more Cotto not being strong enough than Margarito being a bad ass. Cotto outboxed him badly early. One thing about Pacman, he hits people very hard, even if he has to take a shot. No pitty pat for the Golden Boy here.

No, he specifically said no Mexicans. It was going to be Paul Williams, who already beat Margarito. Cotto never had a chance, it was more Cotto not being strong enough than Margarito being a bad ass. Cotto outboxed him badly early. One thing about Pacman, he hits people very hard, even if he has to take a shot. No pitty pat for the Golden Boy here.

Agree PacMan does hit hard. He looked great stepping up in weight against Diaz. This really is a huge jump in weight but as you said he's in his prime. He's fast and if he carries that punching power he'll be a nice dog. Will be around 2-1.

I think it is going to hurt Oscar to get down from his normal 154, and he is not exactly fast any longer. Mayweather just toyed with him for the payday, not wanting to mix it up. Pacman, if he has any power left, and that should be a given considering his natural size and training regimen will attack the Golden Boy like nothing he has seen. A lot of people advised Oscar, don't take the fight, but Oscar felt disrespected and now it is a macho thing. Plus he does not want to fight another Mexican for his going away fight. I think Pacman taking this fight in his prime, his intense pressure and speed will just be too much for way past his prime Oscar. Always get good odds with him though. Pacman has destroyed a lot tougher opponents as of late, especially Diaz. That was brutal.

Need to hear Valdosta's opinion of course.

My opinion is the opposite of yours. I can respect differing views but here is mine. Wait until you see these guys standing next to each other, the size difference will be IMMENSE. You are right that ODLH is past prime but that is why he's fighting Pacquiao instead of Margarito. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Pacquiao-Juan Marquez fights. I thought Marquez beat Pacquiao in the rematch, and Oscar even now does everything better than Marquez (and is much bigger). Remember now, Pacquioa has only had ONE fight at 135, and he's skipping 140 and fighting at 147? He is jumping to many weight classes. Manny has never felt anything like what Oscar is going to hit him with. Make no mistake, Pacquiao WILL get hit, he's not a real good defensive fighter.

My opinion is the opposite of yours. I can respect differing views but here is mine. Wait until you see these guys standing next to each other, the size difference will be IMMENSE. You are right that ODLH is past prime but that is why he's fighting Pacquiao instead of Margarito. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Pacquiao-Juan Marquez fights. I thought Marquez beat Pacquiao in the rematch, and Oscar even now does everything better than Marquez (and is much bigger). Remember now, Pacquioa has only had ONE fight at 135, and he's skipping 140 and fighting at 147? He is jumping to many weight classes. Manny has never felt anything like what Oscar is going to hit him with. Make no mistake, Pacquiao WILL get hit, he's not a real good defensive fighter.

He has spoken. 91023i2ndw;l

He has spoken. 91023i2ndw;l

It's the same opinion of someone much more important than mine but I can't say who. 12io4j2w90 I won't exactly be spreading my opinion of this fight around except this forum since I was mentioned.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I know, big weight jump. But he is not small guy, and is only 2 1/2 inches shorter. I don't see how years of barely any activity against a guy in his prime will work. Oscar will not be that much bigger, when they are both at the same weight, and I think Pacman can gain it naturally where it will hurt Oscar dropping down. But to me the key is speed. I think Pacman will be able to beat Oscar to the punch over and over. I'll take the active faster guy in his prime, getting a good price against the Golden Boy that has really done nothing for 4 years. This ain't no photo op. Plus, almost every advisor to Oscar said, don't take it. He overruled them. Still, depends on the price.

Thanks for the opinion, I respect it greatly.

Me likes. What is your guess on what the line will be? Just a ball park number.

ballwonder

EOG Master

I like Oscar Frog. You guys lay out some great points for each side. I just think the weight class jump is big and is going to hurt him. Any ideas of when this fight may happen?

The first Marquez/PacMan fight was classic. Marquez down 3 times in the 1st and very lucky to get out of it. One judge blew it and scored the first round 10-7 instead of 10-6 making the fight a draw instead of a Pacquiao win. After round one Marquez did win. Marquez went down in the second fight too. He should have won fight two.

I don't agree that Oscar does everything better than Marquez. The weight difference is still the key because those two fights were at 125 and 130.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I like Oscar Frog. You guys lay out some great points for each side. I just think the weight class jump is big and is going to hurt him. Any ideas of when this fight may happen?

Will happen Las Vegas Dec. 6th. They will hold press conference tomorrow AM.

It's at bodog....

Welterweights - USA - 12th December @ 11pm EST
Both must fight for action. ( All wagers are action if takes place in 2008 )
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Oscar De la Hoya

</TD><TD>-365 <INPUT class=checkbox-pos title="Click to bet on Oscar De la Hoya to win straight up" onclick=checkWC(); type=checkbox value=3581285 name=lineID></INPUT>

</TD></TR><TR><TD>Manny Pacquiao

</TD><TD>+285
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It's at bodog....

Welterweights - USA - 12th December @ 11pm EST Both must fight for action. ( All wagers are action if takes place in 2008 )
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>Oscar De la Hoya

</td><td>-365 <input class="checkbox-pos" title="Click to bet on Oscar De la Hoya to win straight up" onclick="checkWC();" value="3581285" name="lineID" type="checkbox">

</td></tr><tr><td>Manny Pacquiao

</td><td>+285
</td></tr></tbody></table>
It will fall.

I know, big weight jump. But he is not small guy, and is only 2 1/2 inches shorter. I don't see how years of barely any activity against a guy in his prime will work. Oscar will not be that much bigger, when they are both at the same weight, and I think Pacman can gain it naturally where it will hurt Oscar dropping down. But to me the key is speed. I think Pacman will be able to beat Oscar to the punch over and over. I'll take the active faster guy in his prime, getting a good price against the Golden Boy that has really done nothing for 4 years. This ain't no photo op. Plus, almost every advisor to Oscar said, don't take it. He overruled them. Still, depends on the price.

Thanks for the opinion, I respect it greatly.

You are right that Manny is faster but Oscar is going to walk manny down and Manny is no defensive wizard. Like I said, he's never felt a punch like what he will be hit with. Juan Marquez was able to hurt him and he's MUCH smaller than Oscar and pretty much inferior every way

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The first Marquez/PacMan fight was classic. Marquez down 3 times in the 1st and very lucky to get out of it. One judge blew it and scored the first round 10-7 instead of 10-6 making the fight a draw instead of a Pacquiao win. After round one Marquez did win. Marquez went down in the second fight too. He should have won fight two.

I don't agree that Oscar does everything better than Marquez. The weight difference is still the key because those two fights were at 125 and 130.

I remember I posted that before Pacman was even known. Got jobbed with the draw. No 3 KO rule, and judge blew scoring, typical boxing fuck me job. Oscar is nothing like what he was, and Pacman has dominated every hard head Mexican he has fought after that.

What does Marquez do better than Oscar? He's pretty past prime and slowing down as well. The speed is about the same and oscar hits MUCH harder. Oscar has a better jab, I guess Marquez throws better combo's? Maybe? Defensively neither guy moves there head much.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What does Marquez do better than Oscar? He's pretty past prime and slowing down as well. The speed is about the same and oscar hits MUCH harder. Oscar has a better jab, I guess Marquez throws better combo's? Maybe? Defensively neither guy moves there head much.

In this sport of rapid diminishing skills, what has Oscar really done in the last 4 years?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I could not wait until late 2009 to get my money from Bodog.

Best Wishes...OF 2938u4ji23

They deliver checks on a slow rowboat from China.

In this sport of rapid diminishing skills, what has Oscar really done in the last 4 years?

Demolished Mayorga, shutout Forbes, and lost a pretty competitive fight with the best fighter in th world. Oscar isn't very active but he' done' nothing in those fights to disgrace himself. Let's look on the other side. Pacquiao has some nice wins but he also lost to a 126 pound Morales and struggled like hell with Marquez in both fights. yeah Manny has better wins but against guys about 25 pounds smaller than oscar.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Mayorga showed up for the payday, and said so afterwards. I thought he was going to take a dive in the first round. Since getting outpointed by no risk but faster Mayweather way back in May of 2007, he has fought once against journeyman, bum of the month Steve Forbes. Very unimpressive.