EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (PARLAYNOW is our April contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
For purposes of this thread and with a goal of promoting positive vibes, I will list PARLAYNOW as 2-0 heading into April 3.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Two plays, two winners for PARLAYNOW.

He goes from freerollin' to freewheelin'.

Don't stop now.

2-0*
2-1*

*Protest pending

No protest here…just thought EOG contestants are smarter than a fifth grader….IMO rules are made not to be broken…especially when the rules are written clearly and concisely….final thought, he is 2-0 and as McIrish says, we move on…

Wade

EOG Master
Oh, trust me, it was a freeroll.

Note my first post was only 2 minutes after Parlaynow's post. I happened to catch it within a minute of the post. Phoenix was up 20 points at the half, stretched the lead to between 22 and 27 points. At the time of the OP, the game was about midway in the 3rd quarter when Phoenix had the lead by 25 points. About 3 minutes after my first post, I checked the Phoenix in-game line at Pinny, it was -15.5. The Suns were up by 11 or more until 3:27 left in the 4Q.

you can't get one past ComptrBob.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I propose an audit of eog by KPMG.
No protest here…just thought EOG contestants are smarter than a fifth grader….IMO rules are made not to be broken…especially when the rules are written clearly and concisely….final thought, he is 2-0 and as McIrish says, we move on…
Thank you Jeff Foxworthy.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Once Abundy was invited- this contest jumped the shark. There's no coming back.

kane

EOG master
Once Abundy was invited- this contest jumped the shark. There's no coming back.
Actually the shark jumping occurred several years ago when John allowed sunshine to take a shot at the challenge, some kid who wasn't even a member here was invited to participate, if memory serves he lost and was never seen again, Dell will remember

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
My experience in these contests with JK has been quite positive.
It’s a free roll and we should all be thankful to BetDSI for their support.

My only disappointment was in the interpretation of the super bowl contest rules a couple of years ago, but I’m over it.

In fairness to JK, he is on record for saying he always considered himself more of a gambler than a media, radio or internet contest guy.
He expressed this opinion in a 2006 interview way back when he radio hosted “the stardust line”.
RIP KDWN.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My experience in these contests with JK has been quite positive.
It’s a free roll and we should all be thankful to BetDSI for their support.

My only disappointment was in the interpretation of the super bowl contest rules a couple of years ago, but I’m over it.

In fairness to JK, he is on record for saying he always considered himself more of a gambler than a media, radio or internet contest guy.
He expressed this opinion in a 2006 interview way back when he radio hosted “the stardust line”.
RIP KDWN.

Thanks for the support, NEVERAGAIN.

I got axed from Thornwood High School's sophomore football team in the late 1970s and like you with EOG's Super Bowl contest, I'm over it.

Haha.

Funny how some things stick with you forever.

I still remember Coach O'Connor reading off a short list of names and requesting the following players to report to his office: POTTS (slow white guy), FUKUDA (slow Asian guy), FRANKLIN (small black guy).

Just as I realized this was the cut-down list and I did NOT want my name called, Coach O'Connor called out one last name, "KELLY."

It was like a punch to the gut and I whispered the f-word.

But I'm over it.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
JK mentioned that this month's contestant played in a couple of Super Bowls.

Maybe he has a CTE problem.

C'mon guys.....let's be charitable.

kane

EOG master
JK mentioned that this month's contestant played in a couple of Super Bowls.

Maybe he has a CTE problem.

C'mon guys.....let's be charitable.
I believe John said he has 3 SB rings, doesn't necessarily mean he played, many ways to win a ring, maybe he was an assistant coach or a team executive, hell the guy could have been the water boy or equipment manager for all we know

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I believe John said he has 3 SB rings, doesn't necessarily mean he played, many ways to win a ring, maybe he was an assistant coach or a team executive, hell the guy could have been the water boy or equipment manager for all we know

A long time ago, on one of JK's radio shows, I believe he said parlaynow's father had the super bowls rings.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Thanks for the support, NEVERAGAIN.

I got axed from Thornwood High School's sophomore football team in the late 1970s and like you with EOG's Super Bowl contest, I'm over it.

Haha.

Funny how some things stick with you forever.

I still remember Coach O'Connor reading off a short list of names and requesting the following players to report to his office: POTTS (slow white guy), FUKUDA (slow Asian guy), FRANKLIN (small black guy).

Just as I realized this was the cut-down list and I did NOT want my name called, Coach O'Connor called out one last name, "KELLY."

It was like a punch to the gut and I whispered the f-word.

But I'm over it.
Ha! Ha! JK i still don't think you are 100% over it.