EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Thanks Arturo, it was a tough task to win 12 straight like this. 5-11-2 to 13-12-2 isn't too shabby. It was an exciting run for me as well. Always appreciate the opportunity from JK and BetDSI
Thanks Arturo, it was a tough task to win 12 straight like this. 5-11-2 to 13-12-2 isn't too shabby. It was an exciting run for me as well. Always appreciate the opportunity from JK and BetDSI
Thanks Arturo, it was a tough task to win 12 straight like this. 5-11-2 to 13-12-2 isn't too shabby. It was an exciting run for me as well.

Always appreciate the opportunity from JK and BetDSI

Where is Crash Davis when you need him? How about a miracle rain delay?

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
With the front 8 (JK will like this), I greek churched in the 9th frame with the AZ/CHISox under.
The greek church is the 4-6-7-8-10 split.

I believe my record is now 13-12-2.

Appreciate the support and good wishes from everyone here during my run. A 12 game win streak was a lot of ask, made a solid run at it, I walk away with my head up, and will play out the rest of the month.

pinpalshare (4).png

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Usually no interest after eliminated. This time want to cee if Bowling would have finished with a turkey 10th frame.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
FTR, Rail is 17 games over .500 (64-47-7), also in 4 tries, TEXED is 19 games over .500 (63-44-3).

I was 4 games over .500 last year plus whatever this year ends up at.

ComptrBob....any idea what the long win streak (most consecutive wins) in the contest is?

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
JK, I'm way overdue for a 300 game. Had 3 chances this summer. A side note on the commentator of this video, his name is Mike, and he is the guy who you want to bowl for money. He is the biggest choker there ever was. When victory is on the line with some money, he always fails! He once had 11 strikes in a row, the 12th ball, he dug in his thumb a little too much into the ball, the ball stuck to his thumb, did a little popup, landed at the arrows of the lane, then rolled into the gutter for a zero count and ended up with a 290 game. The guy was so pissed, left the bowling alley as fast as he could. Another time, he needed a spare for the coveted 800 series (very tough to do as I previously discussed). he left a 5 pin, which 1) a caliber of bowler such as Mike should never leave a 5 pin and 2) if you happen to leave a 5 pin, it is the all time easiest spare to make, just throw your strike ball. Well, he missed the 5 pin, ended up with like a 796 series and again he was pissed. Then the all time funniest thing, it was the end of a night after bowling in the All Star League. Mike had come up short twice in the 10th frame, missing easy spares and we lost both games by under 10 pins. Spares would have gotten us the victory. I was in the bathroom washing my hands, and our captain, Glenn, came in and was bitching about Mike missing those easy spares and what a choke job he was. Unknown to Glenn, Mike was also in the bathroom taking a sh*t and heard Glenn's bitching. Needless to say, Mike dropped out of being on the team. The guy is a great bowler, averages 225-230, but when the money is on the line, he could never handle the pressure.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Great stories, 300.

Does your bowling stroke improve with money on the line?

when there is money on the line, my focus and attention to what i'm doing improves greatly.

In league nite, I bowl 5th (also called anchor) as i'm the one when the game is on the line comes through in the clutch (as opposed to Mike) lol.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Play #30, gonna go out with my signature under play of the month, Tampa Bay vs Miami under 6.5 -109

No matter what happens today, it was a very fast moving month, got us from the depths of the baseball season to knocking on the door of football season.

Best of luck to Heim in September!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Well, that's a wrap on the August contest, final game goes over, I think I was 14-14-2. It was fun, and once again thank you to BetDSI for sponsoring and JK for running the show and inviting me, it was a lot of fun, and I hope others enjoyed keeping tabs on what was going on. Sure had a lot of ups and downs. I hope I get another chance again in the future. Good luck to Heim in September!

Also, I may have not won the August challenge, but tomorrow, 8/31/2022 concludes 8 long years (96 months) of alimony payments, so I'm now literally free and clear of my ex! So tomorrow, I will feel like a winner!

Finally, If you have not done so yet, don't forget to sign up for the EOG Football Contest,

Cheers, MB300

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Got some bowling questions. If somebody has a perfect game going after 6 frames does everybody stop talking around the player like a baseball pitcher?

I googled a list of bowling strike names:

2 strikes: double or Barney Rubble
3 strikes : Turkey or triple
4 strikes: Hambone or 4 bagger
5 strikes: Yahtzee or 5 bagger
6 strikes: Six pack, Wild Turkey, or 6 bagger
7 strikes: Front seven or 7 bagger
8 strikes: Front 8 or 8 bagger
9 strikes: Front 9 or Golden Turkey or 9 bagger
10 strikes: Front 10 or 10 bagger
11 strikes: one day from retirement or front 11 or 11 bagger
12 strikes: Thanksgiving turkey or perfect game

If you throw 7 strikes in a row from frame 7 to the end of the game. do you call it the "back 6"?