EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

Dell Dude

EOG Master
You have a matchup with goofy but dangerous John Isner in the 2nd round. Wait out his serve and he will be gassed by the 3rd set,

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I don't know if you know this but you do now. All time ATP leader in aces. Greatest server of all time. Nobody Tony Homo. And 0 majors.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
What hasn't been talked about is how Bowling an 800 series is just about the toughest thing to do in league or tournament play.

In order to record an 800 three-game series, you must average 267 or better. Bowling an 800 series takes three times as many frames of excellent performance compared to twelve frames in a 300 game.

A perfect game is a difficult feat because in addition to hitting the pocket twelve times in a game, you must carry each delivery. Getting an 800 series means that even if you survive the pressure of getting a 300 game, you still must average 250 or greater the other two games. Not an easy task!

We all know that hitting the pocket enough times to roll an 800 series is vital in accomplishing this feat. Hitting the pocket is not enough, however. We must carry the corner pins and not have open frames, if possible, to attain the 800 series score.

Pin carry is an art in and of itself. Many highly skilled bowlers capable of, or having had, an 800 series will attest to that. There are likely many occasions where just hitting the pocket every ball did not yield the game scores needed to roll an 800 series.

I've had 3 800 series, 833, 826, 804.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When you thought you'd have to wait until September for some excitement in this thread, "300" gets in a groove.

Just in the nick of time.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
When you thought you'd have to wait until September for some excitement in this thread, "300" gets in a groove.

Just in the nick of time.

When I was 5-11-2, I had already mailed it in for the month, as people were comparing me to yet "another Wade", lol.

With a little perseverance, and luck, I was able to claw myself back to .500 and at least show some self respect.

If you look back, there was maybe 4 games in total where I felt I didn't beat the closing number. There were also 2 games that I selected without putting any effort into it, and yeah, they both lost. Just goes to show you in this contest, each and every selection is valuable, and should not be wasted or taken for granted, no matter if it comes at the beginning of the contest or the end.

No matter what happens, I'm just happy to have made this month's contest exciting as we go down the stretch run.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
This is why I hate watching / following games I have action on, lol

The best way to make sure I don't watch a game is for me to put money on it. I know i have no control over what happens so once I make my bet I rarely watch. No need to go thru the hassles and all of something I have no control over

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The best way to make sure I don't watch a game is for me to put money on it. I know i have no control over what happens so once I make my bet I rarely watch. No need to go thru the hassles and all of something I have no control over

One of the best pieces of advice I ever got from a Las Vegas cabbie was when he said whenever he bets the NFL, he doesn't watch the games live, and reviews the replay of the game, Takes all the emotion out of the game and you get to enjoy your day!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
i can tell you didnt like your release on the last ball, am i right?
I actually thought it was a great shot, it was off my hand drcent, hit my target on the lane, etc.
Also sometimes when a bowler goes down on one knee, he thinks it's a solid shot that will strike. I couldn't believe the pin stood up, I believe I took another glance at it to make sure, lol. In case you're wondering, was running late that night from work and didn't have a chance to change out of my dress shirt!

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Northwestern is a bunny. You get the under, a real chance to get all the Christopher Wray.

Sharp players are on NW driving the line down from 13.5 to 11 with heavy vig. That's the side I like to be on.

Hope to capture the daily double for the front 9!