Bears

blueline

EOG Master
As my best friend of over 30 yrs ( his family has had Bear season tickets since the 1950s) said " as long as we're going to watch this garbage we might as well benefit from it'

blueline

EOG Master
This was another game in the Eberflus era where the bears scored less than 10 points in the 2nd half....dont think there are many where they scored over 10

Valuist

EOG Master
So the Bears traded a very high second round pick for Claypool less than one year ago, and now they are hoping to get a 7th rounder in return for him. And they likely won't be able to do that. All the other teams know the drama involved. Why not just wait until he's released? What a dysfunctional organization.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Matt Eberflus talks a good game with his H.I.T.S. principles.

But it's all talk as the Bears have lost 14 straight games.

blueline

EOG Master
Circa was 34/1 at the time...couldnt access that...will it come down to November 9th...Carolina @ Chicago

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I know a lot of people are betting over tonight but it's likely going to be one of these grind it out games where surprisingly both defenses will show up on short rest. Just because of the spot. Not saying they're good.

Turnovers might decide it. Definitely has the making of a close one.

Way, way too many people on the over.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I know a lot of people are betting over tonight but it's likely going to be one of these grind it out games where surprisingly both defenses will show up on short rest. Just because of the spot. Not saying they're good.

Turnovers might decide it. Definitely has the making of a close one.

Way, way too many people on the over.
Last year was 12-7. Not a lot has changed.

Valuist

EOG Master
Last year was 12-7. Not a lot has changed.

Maybe not for the Bears D. But the Washington D is significantly worse than 2022. Last year? 3rd in yards against/game, 8th in scoring against and 10th in def yards/play. This year? 21st in yards/game, 29th in scoring against and 23rd in def YPP.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Adios survivor...see you next year....if I can get 1game of " same ol Lions " this week I can cash this as a dead-heat

Interesting that Circa has declared Carolina as the last winless team, they grade down to the last minute of the games chronologically.

blueline

EOG Master
That was interesting with Circa.
My bet is still listed as pending so I'm assuming a dead-heat is possible.
DK has a last undefeated line up...Im assuming they arent using Circa rules

Valuist

EOG Master
That was interesting with Circa.
My bet is still listed as pending so I'm assuming a dead-heat is possible.
DK has a last undefeated line up...Im assuming they arent using Circa rules

I wouldn't assume that. Give them an inch and they'll take a mile.

Valuist

EOG Master
Another big game from David Montgomery for the Lions. This is on GM Poles. And now with Herbert out the next couple weeks, they could really have used Montgomery. And despite winning last Thursday, they were in a situation with no healthy RBs active other than the fullback. They paid to sign D'onta Foreman.....why wasn't he active?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Another big game from David Montgomery for the Lions. This is on GM Poles. And now with Herbert out the next couple weeks, they could really have used Montgomery. And despite winning last Thursday, they were in a situation with no healthy RBs active other than the fullback. They paid to sign D'onta Foreman.....why wasn't he active?
I’m sure he will this week.

Valuist

EOG Master
Watching PJ Walker keep the Browns in the game with the Niners, he looks like a legit backup. What did Bagent do on his first series of action? A fumble 6. What was Poles thinking keeping a rookie from Div 3 over a QB with NFL experience?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Watching PJ Walker keep the Browns in the game with the Niners, he looks like a legit backup. What did Bagent do on his first series of action? A fumble 6. What was Poles thinking keeping a rookie from Div 3 over a QB with NFL experience?
Bagent looking good on this drive, gets rid of it fast.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I will take Walker. He outplayed Purdy today in difficult conditions.
But he was prepared to start. Certainly can’t question how the bears handle qbs though, they have failed at this for 75 years. I don’t care who starts for them, but they cannot afford to draft another one in the next draft. They need hwlp on the lines bad.

Valuist

EOG Master
But he was prepared to start. Certainly can’t question how the bears handle qbs though, they have failed at this for 75 years. I don’t care who starts for them, but they cannot afford to draft another one in the next draft. They need hwlp on the lines bad.
Agreed. And we saw Caleb Williams isn't bullet proof the other night.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
They have to draft another QB unless they won the lotto with this backup QB
Funny how the narrative is the OC is doing every thing to make this development happen. Supposedly they coached him at the Senior Bowl, and want the credit for discovering him. It will be interesting to see how he plays, knowing he’s starting and practicing with the first string. likewise to see how the Raiders defense him now they have film.

blueline

EOG Master
The one obvious thing is Fields could sometimes escape bad offensive line play....the backup? ...good luck here comes Max Crosby....