Bears

blueline

EOG Master
just in case some dont understand what its like dealing with the stuff the Bears brass dishes out from Baghdad Bob press conferences....here is one gem

GM Poles literally said about head coach Eberflus that one of the things he likes about him is " his ability to hire the right coaches"

blueline

EOG Master
Will the Bears finally be on Hard Knocks?
Bears,Saints, Broncos are eligible.
Drafting Williams certainly adds to the storylines.
George doesnt want this....they dont want any cameras exposing any of the creepy world at Halas Hall.
Can George get out of this?
I hope he cant.

Heim

EOG Master
Caleb finally declared for the draft, which means they have some Intel Bears are looking to trade #1.

Heim

EOG Master
Do we know for a fact he doesn't want to go to Chicago? He's from DC, so maybe he wants to go there.

I can only go by what I read, to wit, his agent sent a letter to Bears that Williams did not want to play for them.

He was never going back to SC. I can only conclude the delay had something to do with the Bears thinking about their #1.

blueline

EOG Master

Bears closing in on deal with offensive coordinator Shane Waldron​

Waldron, who developed Geno Smith into the NFL’s Comeback Player of the Year two years ago, was one of at least eight people the Bears interviewed to replace Luke Getsy.​

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I don't think the Chicago Bears would ever recover if Caleb Williams turns out to be a bust and Fields winds up becoming even better elsewhere. How would that not seal the franchises fate for the next however long.

Even Josh Allen executed poorly in the last few minutes of the game. Stroud success has made people insane. People do know that's equivalent to hitting a million or tip prize off a $10 dollar scratch off, right?

I guess it boils down to what the offers are for Fields. If I was in charge and it was my ass on the line, I would trade the #1 pick for some quality players or picks and keep Fields. You know what you're getting with Fields so you can gameplan for it better.

If you're just getting rid of Fields for whatever just because you got the #1 pick you're going to wind up paying the piper. Big time. A lot of faith in a USC QB.

Last edited:

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If New England or Washington or any other team is desperate enough to move up and draft Caleb I can certainly see Chicago keeping Fields and just giving him more weapons.

I can 100% believe everybody playing it by ear now until something pops up.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If Waldron can make Geno look competent he can make Fields as well. Geno is much older and doesn't have the same burst as Fields.

Chicago can be quite a scary offense for that division if they play their cards right.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't think the Chicago Bears would ever recover if Caleb Williams turns out to be a bust and Fields winds up becoming even better elsewhere. How would that not seal the franchises fate for the next however long.

Even Josh Allen executed poorly in the last few minutes of the game. Stroud success has made people insane. People do know that's equivalent to hitting a million or tip prize off a $10 dollar scratch off, right?

I guess it boils down to what the offers are for Fields. If I was in charge and it was my ass on the line, I would trade the #1 pick for some quality players or picks and keep Fields. You know what you're getting with Fields so you can gameplan for it better.

If you're just getting rid of Fields for whatever just because you got the #1 pick you're going to wind up paying the piper. Big time. A lot of faith in a USC QB.
Part of it also is having to pay the $25-30 mil next year vs a rookie contract. Miami and Detroit will have to decide also.

blueline

EOG Master
saw this in a Patrick Finley article...this inspires confidence :

Eberflus hired Getsy because he found that style of offense the most difficult to defend. Though he said the Bears would have an “open mind” about which system to run in 2024, he ultimately chose a similar style.

boston massacre

EOG Master
If New England or Washington or any other team is desperate enough to move up and draft Caleb I can certainly see Chicago keeping Fields and just giving him more weapons.

General manager Ryan Poles said he plans to take his decision on what to do with the No. 1 overall pick into April. If a team is willing to send significant capital to Chicago for Fields before then, however, the Bears will have a clear path on what to do in the draft. Last year, the Bears traded the No. 1 overall pick in early March and got a huge haul.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Have To Believe That Chicago Will Not Get Big Offers For Their # 1.

Caleb Williams Comes With Lots Of Hype, But Unknown Future .

mr merlin

EOG Master
Fields has been around for 3 years and the best you can say about him is he "maybe" is getting a little better as a QB, but just a little. If he improves a bit more he'll top out as an avg QB at best(and that's stretching it).

Meanwhile in a few years his running ability will decline, if you can get anything at all for him you have to take it IMO.

Here's his career stats, am I missing it?

1706026715649.png

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated
Not saying Fields is a top 15 QB but how can you really tell how good someone is when except for WR DJ Moore and TE Kmet the offensive line, RB's and WR's are complete lower level dog shit. Also the offensive scheme was horrible. Fields needs either a clean pocket or to be moved around more. I think I saw something where his numbers with a clean pocket his numbers were great. If they keep Fields they have to be thinking they need to get someone like Marvin Harrison and a center in the draft. If they trade Fields and draft a QB #1 they should take the 2nd best WR with the #9 pick in the 1st round, a center in 2nd round and a RB with pick they get for Fields.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It just comes down to the offer. I think they don't even know what they're doing until something blows them away. They will wait till draft day and if somebody rings with something incredible for #1 they're keeping Fields.

We are talking a boat load of more picks or positional players that will bolster the team by miles. Likewise if Atlanta is dumb enough to offer up the 8th pick then that's another scenario. They're grabbing a WR at 8 or 9 then grabbing more defensive end help or offensive line.

I truly believe Fields at the helm who has already been through the rough times with a beat up offensive line and team who is familiar with the city and its weather is better though.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
it shouldnt come down to the offer....you should know you are getting rid of fields...try and dupe another GM into taking him and move on

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If CW turns out to be a stud for somebody else that's cool but it won't diminish or erase the return and outlook of what Chicago is trying to do within that division. Chicago isn't miles behind Detroit and Green Bay.

Heim

EOG Master
People forget the contract implications with Fields. Eventually they're going to have to extend him if he stays. Do they want to give him 3 years at 80 million. At least with Caleb, a big signing bonus but a rookie deal for 3.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
they are miles behind GB and Detroit
No They arent man. They beat Detroit and going for it on your own 40 and failing on your first drive of season doomed them in the opener against GB.

If CW turns out to be a dud the entire city will burn. There's no coming back. Nobody will want to come to Chicago.

blueline

EOG Master
No They arent man. They beat Detroit and going for it on your own 40 and failing on your first drive of season doomed them in the opener against GB.

If CW turns out to be a dud the entire city will burn. There's no coming back.

with Fields they are.......they werent close in either GB game....the style of denese Detroit plays against the Bears allows the Bears to move the ball on them.......as things stand today Bears arent close to either team

blueline

EOG Master
People forget the contract implications with Fields. Eventually they're going to have to extend him if he stays. Do they want to give him 3 years at 80 million. At least with Caleb, a big signing bonus but a rookie deal for 3.
this gets very little discussion

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
They're behind them but not miles behind.

Detroit and Tampa were tied at 17 end of 3. Baker fucking Mayfield man.

Aaron Jones is GB. That dude is scary.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
This is just as important as his development.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's so much pressure. Miami fans even want Tua gone.

Why don't you just pay Fields and let Waldron gameplan around him? His legs obviously make up for some poor decisions. You can draft more defense or WR's. Want to take the league by storm? 2 TE set with Bowers and Kmet with some crazy shit with Fields. MHJ and Moore on the outside. I don't know man. So many things you can do to change the next 5 years.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
there is no magic offense that makes Fields good...he doesnt process fast enough for the NFL.....Waldron is in the same mold as Getsy