NBA Playoffs...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It's such an awful match up for Miami. It sucks so much to see. I think we are looking at another sweep and maybe 4-1 if Denver is being generous.

Spolestra tried but I imagine even he knows there's absolutely nothing he can do. You're just sitting there hoping Miami catches fire from 3.

It's such an awful match up for Miami. It sucks so much to see. I think we are looking at another sweep and maybe 4-1 if Denver is being generous.

Spolestra tried but I imagine even he knows there's absolutely nothing he can do. You're just sitting there hoping Miami catches fire from 3.
Yeah the Nuggets didn't even play well and they won handily. The Heat actually shot it better from three than the Nuggets did.

The Heat blew their chance last night, no way Murray and MPJ go 4-18 from beyond the arc again.

Heim

EOG Master
Evident Butler is going to have problems in this series. His game is in the paint. It's difficult to post up when you have
Gordon or Porter on you. He posted up a few times on KCP. A couple of threes and a few give and goes from
Adebayo was all he got.

Heim

EOG Master
Granted Miami wasn't their usual aggressivness to the hoop but 2 FTs is insane. I'm sure the refs were made well aware of that.

Adebayo was hacked a few times underneath, nothing.

kane

EOG master
You realize that the Nuggets are 4-3 on the road against superior talent?
Superior talent yes, better teams, I don't think so. As I've said before, when judging the Heat you can't look at the names on the back of the jersey, the Heat might not have the talent level of Minnesota, but there's no question they're a better team, same with Phoenix and the Lakers, both of those teams have more star power, but I think the Heat are a better team than either of them

Superior talent yes, better teams, I don't think so. As I've said before, when judging the Heat you can't look at the names on the back of the jersey, the Heat might not have the talent level of Minnesota, but there's no question they're a better team, same with Phoenix and the Lakers, both of those teams have more star power, but I think the Heat are a better team than either of them
Hey I chose my words wisely! 😂🤣

Heim

EOG Master
Shaq had never seen Jokic play live until last night (NBA TV). He tells Jokic postgame...' hey, you're pretty good' 😆

Heim

EOG Master
Lakers are rumored to match any offer sheet up to 100 million for Austin Reaves. Not sure if it's 4 or 5 years.

Really!? I like his game but 20-25 million per for Reaves!?

Momma put a ball in your kids hands and direct him to the three point line.

Heim

EOG Master
Evident Jokic can't guard Adebayo, nonetheless , huge game yet Heat never in it.

Obv strategy not to get Butler going.

Last edited:
Even great coaches lose the coaching battle. When Miami goes small and Denver goes big, Mia has no chance on both sides of the court. Denver is the bigger team all around and Spo has to figure out how to solve the problem.

Last edited:
kane- you do a recap of a game before it's played. The only thing you wait for is the score. Many thought that Spo would be the better coach but that's not what happened.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Spo has to figure out how to solve the problem.
Unless he can figure a way for Jimmy, Martin, and Bam to grow three inches, there isn't much he can do to combat Denver's height advantage, the Heat are one of the smaller teams in the league, they don't have the size to match up with Denver, unless you want more of Zeller

kane

EOG master
kane- you do a recap of a game before it's played. The only thing you wait for is the score. Everyone thought that Spo would be the better coach but that's not what happened.
Just because a team loses, that doesn't mean that team got out coached, not Spo's fault Strus shot 0/10 from three, not Spo's fault Caleb Martin was dealing with an illness and played poorly, you can only play the cards you're dealt, there's just so much a coach can do when out manned

kane

EOG master
The banged up Heat beat the Celtics in a game seven, they get two days off before playing in high altitude, they go against the best team in the West who's been resting for over a week, they lose by 11, clearly the coach was to blame, LOL

Just because a team loses, that doesn't mean that team got out coached, not Spo's fault Strus shot 0/10 from three, not Spo's fault Caleb Martin was dealing with an illness and played poorly, you can only play the cards you're dealt, there's just so much a coach can do when out manned
When players blow the game it's not right to be a reactionary coach. This didn't happen since both team's players could improve. If Denver's offense is able to get all of the mismatches again, it's game over.

kane

EOG master
Vincent 6'2
Murray 6'4

Strus 6'5
KCP 6'5

Jimmy 6'7
Gordon 6'8

Martin 6'5
Porter 6'10

Bam 6'9
Jokic 6'11

Please tell me how Spo combats the height disadvantage at every position

kane

EOG master
2 free throws all game ??????
The Heat shot the fewest amount of FT's in playoff history, don't know how that's even possible, Bam was as aggressive on offense as I've ever seen him, he had a career high in shot attempts, but didn't get to the line once

kane

EOG master
If Denver's offense is able to get all of the mismatches again, it's game over.
Vincent 6'2
Murray 6'4

Strus 6'5
KCP 6'5

Jimmy 6'7
Gordon 6'8

Martin 6'5
Porter 6'10

Bam 6'9
Jokic 6'11

Please tell me how Spo combats the height disadvantage at every position

kane

EOG master
Did you even watch the first quarter? Gordon wasn't scoring on Butler.
Who was he scoring on? 6'5 Caleb Martin, the Heat can't match Denver's size, and there isn't a whole lot Spo can do unless he finds a way to grow his players three inches. Like I said, just because a team loses, it doesn't mean they were outcoached

Who was he scoring on? 6'5 Caleb Martin, the Heat can't match Denver's size, and there isn't a whole lot Spo can do unless he finds a way to grow his players three inches. Like I said, just because a team loses, it doesn't mean they were outcoached
You are right, Mia can't match the size and Denver changed their game to take advantage of it. Phenominal coaching job.

kane

EOG master
▪ Even on a night when Adebayo was impactful, Denver’s size was problematic early and the Heat was too often left at a size deficit on switches and in transition. The Nuggets have a size advantage at every frontcourt position, and 6-8 Gordon exposed that early.

But this wasn’t merely a case of Gordon scoring over 6-5 Martin. Gordon often found himself defended by guards or small forwards on cross-switches and repeatedly made Miami pay, forging his way into the paint and scoring 12 first quarter points on 6 for 8 shooting. Gordon finished with 16 points on 7 for 10 shooting.

Lack of size hasn’t hindered the Heat much in this playoff run, but it did in Game 1,

At small forward, the 6-10 Michael Porter Jr. has a three-inch height advantage over Butler and capitalized on that to pull down 12 rebounds. At center, the 6-11 Jokic has a two-inch height advantage over Adebayo.