Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
San Francisco’s health department confirmed Wednesday that the city was administering alcohol, tobacco, medical cannabis and other substances in an effort to prevent a handful of people quarantined or isolating in city-leased hotels from going outside to get the substances themselves.

The hotel residents are also receiving medications such as methadone — delivered by methadone clinics — to tamp down heroin cravings. It’s all part of a widely used “harm reduction” approach to helping addicts stay inside and curb the spread of the novel coronavirus while coping with the loss or reduction of their core drugs.

Those receiving substances from the health department represent a small subset — a few dozen people — of the population staying in hotel rooms to safely self-isolate or quarantine.

Eleven of those under isolation and quarantine have received alcohol from the health department and around 27 have received tobacco, Lane said. The health department helped five people coordinate delivery of medical cannabis to their hotels.

Alcohol abuse, which is widespread among the city’s homeless population due in part to its easy availability, is also a concern. So health department workers are calculating how much alcohol a hotel guest needs to stave off the effects of mild withdrawal.

“For those guests, the DPH medical staff are calculating the minimum medically appropriate amounts of alcohol and distributing it with meals,” Lane said. “Alcohol withdrawal is the only one you can die from.”

San Francisco’s health department confirmed Wednesday that the city was administering alcohol, tobacco, medical cannabis and other substances in an effort to prevent a handful of people quarantined or isolating in city-leased hotels from going outside to get the substances themselves.

The hotel residents are also receiving medications such as methadone — delivered by methadone clinics — to tamp down heroin cravings. It’s all part of a widely used “harm reduction” approach to helping addicts stay inside and curb the spread of the novel coronavirus while coping with the loss or reduction of their core drugs.

Those receiving substances from the health department represent a small subset — a few dozen people — of the population staying in hotel rooms to safely self-isolate or quarantine.

Eleven of those under isolation and quarantine have received alcohol from the health department and around 27 have received tobacco, Lane said. The health department helped five people coordinate delivery of medical cannabis to their hotels.

Alcohol abuse, which is widespread among the city’s homeless population due in part to its easy availability, is also a concern. So health department workers are calculating how much alcohol a hotel guest needs to stave off the effects of mild withdrawal.

“For those guests, the DPH medical staff are calculating the minimum medically appropriate amounts of alcohol and distributing it with meals,” Lane said. “Alcohol withdrawal is the only one you can die from.”

Weed and tobacco? BFD

billysink

EOG Dedicated
The Chinese have replicated a virus from prehistoric times that attacks the brain cells of knuckle draggers.

There will be 17 people left alive in Trump's base when that blows through.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Need some pillaging, roof top snipers, a few assassinations and a public execution or two.

It would be good exercise for Murikins that have been cooped up against their rights as if they were in slavery or some dark shit like that.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Raiders asked for a swastika photo, I posted three of them, so now he moves the goal posts and wants a photo of a murder sign, this is his M.O. anyone who's argued with him knows exactly what I mean

For the life of me I don't know why you bother with that clown.

Gotta be like when you was a kid and boot your soccer ball at the wall 148 times a day. It keep comin back you keep bootin it.

Shit boring after 38 weeks or so maybe?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Been a rough week, looking forward to the coming dip and lull in reporting deaths for the next 4 days
300,000 tests done yesterday, new cases are roughly the same as they were when testing was 30-40% of that, the pandemic is waning. The death numbers are very suspect, at this time the only data that isn't suspect is hospitalizations, which are dropping in all the hot spots.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Unemployment is 15%, 20 million jobs lost in april.

Since we've been shutdown deaths have gone from 120 to 76000.

But dont worry folks, as long as you wear a mask, things will be ok.

MrTop

EOG Master
14.7% official unemployment rate. Worst since the Great Depression. And doesn’t come close to reflecting how many people can’t make a living right now. Payrolls dropped by an unprecedented 20.5 million as the coronavirus pandemic hit the economy

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
14.7% official unemployment rate. Worst since the Great Depression. And doesn’t come close to reflecting how many people can’t make a living right now. Payrolls dropped by an unprecedented 20.5 million as the coronavirus pandemic hit the economy
If it slides more next month, it’s over for trump IMO. Things are starting to open up a little. It’s going to be a battle of hiring summer help vs businesses that pull the plug. There are a lot of people who are either underemployed or are only working 30-32 hours now. The 8-10 lost hours was what got people ahead.

mr merlin

EOG Master
If it slides more next month, it’s over for trump IMO. Things are starting to open up a little. It’s going to be a battle of hiring summer help vs businesses that pull the plug. There are a lot of people who are either underemployed or are only working 30-32 hours now. The 8-10 lost hours was what got people ahead.
The rate will be 25% next month(hopefully the bottom), this will only help Trump IMO since the blame will ALL be put on democratic governors.

Trump is the only person who seems to care about the economy.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The rate will be 25% next month(hopefully the bottom), this will only help Trump IMO since the blame will ALL be put on democratic governors.

Trump is the only person who seems to care about the economy.
He can’t handle a crisis, bottom line. He wants to be The Man on dictating when people go back to work, until that looks like a real possibility. At that point, he turns it over to the governors. He only cares about the economy at this point because it’s a reflection of him now.

mr merlin

EOG Master
He can’t handle a crisis, bottom line. He wants to be The Man on dictating when people go back to work, until that looks like a real possibility. At that point, he turns it over to the governors. He only cares about the economy at this point because it’s a reflection of him now.
Granted my social contacts have dropped way off, but I dont see anyone going around saying "fucking trump". Everyone is blaming my governor, your governor, Newsom, deblasio, etc, etc.

I'm watching the business channel right now, they just said disney is going to reopen their parks on July 1, last week I read it was going to be next year.

Granted my social contacts have dropped way off, but I dont see anyone going around saying "fucking trump". Everyone is blaming my governor, your governor, Newsom, deblasio, etc, etc.

I'm watching the business channel right now, they just said disney is going to reopen their parks on July 1, last week I read it was going to be next year.
UPDATED 5:58 AM | APR. 10, 2020Most Americans Like How Their Governor Is Handling The Coronavirus Outbreak
But Trump’s crisis approval ratings aren’t so great.

CF71C994-507F-46C2-98DF-CEA00E4F7BD5.png

boston massacre

EOG Master
Kane,

Fox exists for one reason. Murdoch realized all the mainstream media was biased to the left. Why should every single channel fall in line with the same narrative?

The Media is a Business

With an Owner.

Just Like All Businesses.

So this 1 Owner and his fellow Owners think they should be telling the Country, who the Citizens should vote for, and why.

They're No Different than a Group of Football/Baseball owners.

FUCK ALL THEM, AND WHAT THEY THINK ! Fuck Their Opinions. Report Only. Nobody needs their Opinions.

Opinions are Just Like Ass Holes.

Everybody has one.

Go to the Voting Booth, and Everybody use their own Brain.

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="billysink, post: 7593338, member: 61170"]For the life of me I don't know why you bother with that clown.

Gotta be like when you was a kid and boot your soccer ball at the wall 148 times a day. It keep comin back you keep bootin it.

Shit boring after 38 weeks or so maybe?[/QUOTE]

Truth is, these days I have pretty much nothing to do all day, so it's a way for me to kill time, and getting a chance to slap him around and make him look the fool is something I enjoy doing . You're the second smart person in the past two days to ask me about Raiders and why I waste my time with him, I think going forward I'll try to ignore his baiting bullshit as much as possible though

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

My side of the state hates Whitmer, the east side loves her.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
[QUOTE="billysink, post: 7593338, member: 61170"]For the life of me I don't know why you bother with that clown.

Shit boring after 38 weeks or so maybe?

Truth is, these days I have pretty much nothing to do all day, so it's a way for me to kill time, and getting a chance to slap him around and make him look the fool is something I enjoy doing . You're the second smart person in the past two days to ask me about Raiders and why I waste my time with him, I think going forward I'll try to ignore his baiting bullshit as much as possible though[/QUOTE]

once in a while, good clean fun

You way too sharp to get baited by the 87 IQ crowd.

kane

EOG master
Pence staffer tests positive for COVID-19 – aides forced to exit Air Force Two

Not exactly sure what a valet does, but Trump's valet also tested positive, since no one working in the WH wears a mask, this type of news is hardly surprising