Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Show the disbanded Pandemic team's mandate and budget.

Was it their assignment to stock the shelves and was that budget allocated to their cost center?

Or are we assuming.

Those docs are available at source if at some point facts matter to the discussion.

Once again, if they had $100 trillion, what difference would it have made? It takes time for a vaccine no matter how much money is thrown at it.

MrTop

EOG Master
U.S. past the bad for the most part.. what will the economy look like in november when trump steps up to the plate ?

mr merlin

EOG Master
U.S. past the bad for the most part.. what will the economy look like in november when trump steps up to the plate ?
It'll be terrible, the damage is done and gets worse with each passing day. However there is no alternative to a trump vote, this pandemic is proof that the dems cannot have power.

mr merlin

EOG Master
IHME revises model to predict 134,475 deaths by August 4th
What do you make of that, considering this is their 6th or 7th revision, all the of which have been wrong?

When the current total is 68K and going up by 1000+/day and you're at 75, is raising it up "scientific"?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
What do you make of that, considering this is their 6th or 7th revision, all the of which have been wrong?

When the current total is 68K and going up by 1000+/day and you're at 75, is raising it up "scientific"?
You make revised predictions based on more info.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
to go up against china i agree... that is why china did not agree on the 2nd part of the trade deal with the U.S. China thinks they will have an easier time with Biden on trade.
Biden loves him some Chinese dealings also.

No win situation here.

mr merlin

EOG Master
You make revised predictions based on more info.
A guy was just on Fox and made a good point - he said we dont need a model anymore, we have plenty of data and experience, both here and in europe.

We already know and can see what's going on everywhere. models are to predict the unknown, not the known. It's sorta like during an election when 538 gives a 98% chance of the guy winning the election when there are few votes left to count.

We've seen the peaks come and go in europe and the early hotspots here, we'll see the peaks in the smaller/later hit states as well in the near future, then we'll know everything.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
some people though the curve would go down as fast as it went down.

I think the model prob allows people that still believe that and haven't changed their mind, to understand it will be a slow recovery.

If politicians know that, they that allows them to shape their language to push forth opening things up. if they don't choose their words wisely there could be stupid political and publicc backlash when 1,000 people are still dying a day near June 1, when previously people thought it might be May 1.

in this day and age Politicians won't do they right thing, they'll only do the thing that helps them if they think it can be spun in the right way. So it seems many of them are dipping their toes in two pools, but not sure which one is too cold or too hot to dive into.

mr merlin

EOG Master

I think the model prob allows people that still believe that and haven't changed their mind, to understand it will be a slow recovery.

If politicians know that, they that allows them to shape their language to push forth opening things up. if they don't choose their words wisely there could be stupid political and publicc backlash when 1,000 people are still dying a day near June 1, when previously people thought it might be May 1.

in this day and age Politicians won't do they right thing, they'll only do the thing that helps them if they think it can be spun in the right way. So it seems many of them are dipping their toes in two pools, but not sure which one is too cold or too hot to dive into.
I watched the CBS evening news(it's my only fake news viewing), nothing but doom and gloom, stunning to watch, No mention of deaths and cases dropping fast in the NE, no mention that we're past the peak and the worst is over.

The media is desperate to keep people afraid, they see it slipping away.

I would guess deaths will be anywhere from 100-300 on June 1

I watched the CBS evening news(it's my only fake news viewing), nothing but doom and gloom, stunning to watch, No mention of deaths and cases dropping fast in the NE, no mention that we're past the peak and the worst is over.

The media is desperate to keep people afraid, they see it slipping away.

I would guess deaths will be anywhere from 100-300 on June 1

3,000 per day according to NYT and Washington Post.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Biden loves him some Chinese dealings also.

No win situation here.

Absolutely nothing wrong with dealing with China. Not a damn thing.

All around the board, Trump, Biden, left, right, whoever. Free market. Now for optics, that's their call.

Trump has gear made in China and the left crying their ass off. On their made or partially assembled in China, laptops and tablets.

Circle of stupid.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

I don't think this will ever be contained. Follow the climate to the Southern winter, mutate a few times and see you at Christmas.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
That guy, the shooter, is a true american hero, men like him are needed all over the country right now.

I will say a prayer for his aquittal tonight.

Acquittal? That mofo is gunna spend the rest of his life and jail, and his scumbag daughter for accessory to murder. Both their lives are over, just like the guy they shot.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Acquittal? That mofo is gunna spend the rest of his life and jail, and his scumbag daughter for accessory to murder. Both their lives are over, just like the guy they shot.
The jury will decide that, hopefully they'll be against masks.

bobodad

EOG Addicted
Mr. Merlin, calling a cold blood murderer a true American hero is lowest of the lowest. King Trump should hire you as his personal adviser.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Mr. Merlin, calling a cold blood murderer a true American hero is lowest of the lowest. King Trump should hire you as his personal adviser.
I respect you opinion and your passion for the law, that fine man had passion for his constitutional rights, which were trampled on. The blame goes 100% on Gretchen Whitmer.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I respect you opinion and your passion for the law, that fine man had passion for his constitutional rights, which were trampled on. The blame goes 100% on Gretchen Whitmer.
She didn’t leave and come back because of her rights, she felt “disrespected”.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The goal is chaos and building social unrest, that's how you get these weak kneed govs to react. These govs are weak and spineless, which is why they followed each other like lemmings to shutdown, the reverse is now slowly happening. The more crazy things like this there are, the better.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The goal is chaos and building social unrest, that's how you get these weak kneed govs to react. These govs are weak and spineless, which is why they followed each other like lemmings to shutdown, the reverse is now slowly happening. The more crazy things like this there are, the better.

you’re missing the point. The guard wasn’t murdered because of their constitutional rights being violated. Blaming Whitmer is low-level BigRunner logic

mr merlin

EOG Master
you’re missing the point. The guard wasn’t murdered because of their constitutional rights being violated. Blaming Whitmer is low-level BigRunner logic
I understand that it took place in Detroit, with the thug mentality, people get shot all the time for "disrespecting', but the media is portraying the mask thing as the reason.

Perception is reality.

But that guy would be alive if it wasn't for Whitmers order - 2 months into a pandemic. Too late to make a difference with the pandemic, but deadly to that poor man.