I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

Re: I am almost praying this Pacquiao De La Hoya fight takes place.

Mayorga showed up for the payday, and said so afterwards. I thought he was going to take a dive in the first round. Since getting outpointed by no risk but faster Mayweather way back in May of 2007, he has fought once against journeyman, bum of the month Steve Forbes. Very unimpressive.

Best Wishes...oF :cheers
Every fighter fights for a payday. Why do you think Manny is willing to jump all of these weight classes to fight a guy way bigger than himself? It's because of the monster payday of course. Mayorga got demolished because of the difference in tecnique and handspeed. Oscar really put a 7 round ass whipping on Mayorga. As for Mayweather-Oscar fight it sucked. Oscar did win his share of rounds though. I agree beating Forbes up was nothing to impressive but he did what he needed to and won every round basically. Pacquiao is my favorite fighter but when Oscar eventually gets to the low -200's I will be betting him.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Actually this is almost a challenge from Freddie Roach to Oscar. De La Hoya's handlers send thanks, but no thanks. And it was not about money. Then Roach popped off he would not even take a percentage of the gigantic purse and revenue to train Pacman because Oscar was too old and slow to pull the trigger in the ring. Oscar overrides his handlers and says make it happen. You think Oscar needs money? Don't make me laugh.

Best Wishes...oF :pop:

Oscar has tons of money but he is exceptionally greedy. he wanted 70/30, {acquiao wanted 60-40. Then this was posted on fightnews.com....

De La Hoya antes up!
[SIZE=+1]67/33 cut makes fight more likely

Report by Dennis Principe
The camp of boxing superstar Oscar De La Hoya has reportedly anted up their offer for Filipino boxing sensation Manny Pacquiao to make their dream fight a reality before the end of the year. A reliable source privy to the negotiations told Fightnews that representatives of both boxing superstars are now looking at a 67-33 split, in favor of De La Hoya, to make the fight happen. Talks have been on and off the past few weeks as De La Hoya remained firm in giving Pacquiao 30%, while the Filipino champion has been unyielding in asking for a 40% share of the total revenue.
<HR width="50%">The same source said Top Rank Inc. top gun Bob Arum and Golden Boy Promotions (GBP) Chief Executive Officer Richard Schaefer are now having encouraging discussions, and that an official announcement may be made by next week. Arum, representing Pacquiao, is currently in France for a much-needed break. The indefatigable American promoter will be in Youngstown, Ohio, next week to promote a major card featuring one of his fighters, undisputed middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik who will meet former kingpin Bernard Hopkins on October 18 in New Jersey.
<HR width="50%">American trainer Freddie Roach has been adamant in wanting to get the fight done for Pacquiao, and believes his Filipino ward has what it takes to win against De La Hoya. In an interview with Philippine radio show "Sports Chat,” he stated: “I know we have to fight a very good fight and we need to have a great training camp and great sparring partners. The whole thing is preparation. And that's what Manny does best.”[/SIZE]

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I already had the story before that release. Also supposedly Pacman weighed 146 when he stepped into the ring against Diaz. All of this jumping up in weight is not all of that. Going to be harder for De La Hoya to make weight. He will have one fight against a club fighter in the last 18 months when he steps into the ring. I'll take +2.85 right now, if I can get paid in less than a year.

Yeah you will need someone to copy the number. We disagree on the fight but you are right about the current number. It's the best you will see for Pacquiao. I will of course be waiting closer to fight time for any bet because that should be the best numbers on ODLH.

BTW-Manny may have stepped in the ring at 146 or whatever but Oscar is just bigger. Fighting at 150, 154 and 160 who knows what he walks in the ring at.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I have not seen a real store put it up yet. But if they do and know that crazy vig down I still might get near 3-1. I would take all I could at that. I like the under also. You are right Oscar may weigh heavy at fight time, but it will take some doing to get down to 147, at his age, size and stage of his career. Inactivity at his age is a real killer. I think he is really pissed off that a former guy that worked with him Freddie, said that he has lost it. Supposedly he went into a tirade profanity laced rant when he heard the comments. Very strange for Oscar to overrule his advisors. Pacman just sees huge dollar signs. Maybe triple to quadruple pay. And Freddie, who knows Oscar extremely well, is putting his money where his mouth is. That is all Golden Boy rep price.

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

No good store copies Bodog.

The best thing about the Mayorga/De La Hoya fight was the press conference.

The last time I got excited about boxing..................1978.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

My opinion is the opposite of yours. I can respect differing views but here is mine. Wait until you see these guys standing next to each other, the size difference will be IMMENSE. You are right that ODLH is past prime but that is why he's fighting Pacquiao instead of Margarito. If you haven't seen it, take a look at the Pacquiao-Juan Marquez fights. I thought Marquez beat Pacquiao in the rematch, and Oscar even now does everything better than Marquez (and is much bigger). Remember now, Pacquioa has only had ONE fight at 135, and he's skipping 140 and fighting at 147? He is jumping to many weight classes. Manny has never felt anything like what Oscar is going to hit him with. Make no mistake, Pacquiao WILL get hit, he's not a real good defensive fighter.

Exactly my thoughts. These guys are nuts. I hope they bet this down to even because i will be all over Oscar. I have to believe he will be a two to 1 favorite and for a good reason. The size is just way to much.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The MGM Grand has posted the opening lines for the showdown between Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao. De La Hoya is listed at -155 while Pacquiao opens at +135. Stunned that this line is this low.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

The MGM Grand has posted the opening lines for the showdown between Oscar De La Hoya and Manny Pacquiao. De La Hoya is listed at -155 while Pacquiao opens at +135. Stunned that this line is this low.

Because that is where it should be, what do you think I have been saying? Talk about a monster scalp from NoDog.

Best Wishes...OF :pop:

I won't go to Vegas personally but I got a big ass bet in through a friend. I got Oscar at -155.oij213490 I was surprised they accepted such a good sized bet this early.

Matt Rain

EOG Enthusiast

5dimes:

<table class="module" rgfloat="440,600" width="800" border="0" bordercolor="#111111" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr style="height: 28px;" valign="bottom" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><td nowrap="nowrap">Sat 12/6</td><td nowrap="nowrap">101 </td><td nowrap="nowrap">Manny Pacquiao</td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M1_42" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">+200 </td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td></tr><tr style="height: 28px;" valign="top" bgcolor="#f6f6f6"><td nowrap="nowrap">11:00PM (EST) </td><td nowrap="nowrap">102</td><td nowrap="nowrap">Oscar De La Hoya</td><td nowrap="nowrap"></td><td nowrap="nowrap"><input id="radiox" value="M2_42" name="radiox" language="javascript" onclick="return OnButtonClick()" type="radio">-260 </td></tr></tbody></table>

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

How much will it take out of Oscar to get down at weight at his age??

And worse yet if he has to lose alot in the few days before the fight how much more will it take out of him? Will Oscar be even close to 147 a week before?

Oscar was only 150 in his last fight. Yes, he will be within 7 pounds easily the week before the fight.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It's the MGM Valdosta what did you expect, $300 limit like SloDog? Bet you can have your friend collect it minutes after the fight, except they don't pay losing tickets. Yes he made 150, in his one and only fight in the last 18 months against a soup can. What do you mean he will easily be within 7 pounds? He is fat and out of shape now. He does a lot of business, photo ops, producing and mugging it up for whatever camera is rolling. While that is Pacman's natural weight, the weight he entered the ring at last fight when he destroyed hard headed Mexican fighter Diaz. Like most of the other hard headed Mexican fighters he has fought. Freddie Roach coached the Golden Boy, and he says he is no longer Golden, slow and full of himself. That hunger is gone. And it appears Pacman is getting better with each fight, his last one a masterpiece, a demolition. He does not play patty cake, he beats the shit out of opponents. And he is at his athletic prime, extremely active. Should be a great fight.

Oscar was with Roach YEARS ago, what do you expect him to say? Of course he is going to say Manny can win. Roach wanted this fight because he wanted the payday as well.:+textinb3As for Oscar he blows up but he has more than enough time to lose it. When you are any kind of athlete when you start training the weight comes off very easily. Oscar made 150 in his last fight to fight a guy like Steve Forbes, of course he will make 147 for such a huge fight. When they get into the ring, Pacquiao will learn why they have weight divisions.ODLH isn;t some little bum with no skills like David Diaz.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Yes Freddie wanted the payday as well, whatever you say Valdosta. Strange that he said and was quoted as saying, if the fight happened, he would not need any purse monies, he would work for free. And he had to work years ago for the used to be Golden Boy, because he has not fought for years. Has Oscar got better managing tv shows since the last time Freddie trained him? This is going to be a great fight.

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/056l7bFgil3H2/610x.jpg

Size disparity, what size disparity?:blink: Freddie was flapping his gums about saying if Pacquiao didn't win he would not get paid. I bet you that isn't the case though :+textinb3Oscar hasn't been with Freddie since the early part of his career, no matter how you spin it. Great fight? It's going to be a brutal blowout.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Why do you insist on propaganda to advance your argument Valdosta? That photo is a joke because Pacman is standing way behind your Golden Boy. Let's get the same press conference with them standing side by side. I will even include your deceptive photo so posters don't have to go anywhere to see your propaganda.

Valdosta's deceptive photo

<DL class=wide-photo><DT> </DT></DL>

Frog's realistic side by side photo.

Come on Valdosta, this could be a great fight, no doubt. Some are comparing it to the greatest Ketchel/Johnson. Any rummy could pick Goliath here. I'm rooting for David. No need to try and further your argument with deceptive photos and inaccuracies. It could be a great fight.

The first photo makes Oscar look a bit more tall than Manny than it should. However from shoulder to shoulder there's nothing deceptive about it. Oscar is MUCH broader. Getting Goliath at -155? hmmm, sounds like a bargain.

BTW-The first time I ever saw Pacquiao fight on a live card was against Ledwaba at 122 pounds. He demolished Ledwaba and took his title at 122 pounds. ODLH was on the same card fighting for a title at 154 against javier Castilliejo.:+textinb3

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

What are we going in a way back time machine here? This is late 2008 Valdosta, almost 2009, in this what have you done lately world of boxing, Your Golden Boy looked more like Bronze against a soup can, his last effort in the ring for a full 18 months before this fight.

Hey Valdosta, hitch a ride with these guys since you like ancient history. What's next, Sugar Ray Loernard was an Olympic hero when he fought Terry Norris?

Best Wishes...OF :+excited-:rolleyes:

At least look for a better example than SRL and Norris. Norris actually was as big or bigger than Leonard. The same does not apply here. The comment about the first time I saw Pacquiao was obviously to illustrate the difference in weight classes and weight (32 pounds). My Golden Boy? Are you kidding me? I hate Oscar and Manny is my favorite fighter. I don't let that shit mess with my vision though.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I'm as big a Pacquiao fan as anyone, but this is too stiff of a challenge. I don't think Pac man has better than a 20% chance here. Giving up too much size and reach and is also stepping up in class fighting Oscar. I hope this #comes down but I think anything -350 or less is a good bet on Oscar.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Maybe at one time thier was a big size difference, but Pacman barely has an ounce of fat on him, and has grown quite a bit over the years.

Should be a great fight. And Ray, your odds are so far up there the space shuttel could not reach them.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Used to be Golden Boy may be bigger, but he is slower, older and just about done. When Pacman rips his chin with that right, we will see why Oscar made a mistake not listening to his handlers.

Pacman will find Oscar an inviting slow target.

Best wishes...oF :+excited-

CASSIUS CLAY

EOG Enthusiast

my wife & i plan on going to the fight if we can get our free tickets from the m.g.m. grand. it should be an interesting fight !! big guy against the little guy !! oscar should of fought "margerto" (sp) but took the easy way out and is fighting the pacman !!

Last edited:

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Now getting some real world lines. The Greek has

-2.50 Golden Oldie

+2.00 Pacman

Hate the vig but I think it might get bet down and exchanges will offer huge value. That's right about where I had it. If I was to make a line call I would say -2.20 would be available sometime. Is that a scalp against SloDog still? Might make -2.00. But it could reverse hard at end. I think heavy late money on Oscar. Could be a great fight.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Hey I want to go. The Shrink, here are some tickets. Can you buy us a pair, and I wil pick you up at airport in a limo?

Details
Oscar De La Hoya vs Manny Pacquiao Boxing Tickets

Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 1:00 PM (PST) at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, NV

Section:
Floor A

Row:
A

Price:
$49,000.00 each
<FORM action=https://www.stubhub.com/?gSec=buy method=post>Quantity: <SELECT name=quantity_selected><OPTION value=2 selected>2</OPTION><OPTION value=4>4</OPTION></SELECT>
<!--TicketDetailsActionButton - default--><INPUT type=image alt=Next src="http://www.stubhub.com/resources/img/next.gif">
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript1.2>mboxCreate('TicketDetailsActionButton');</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://mbox5.offermatica.com/m2/stubhub/mbox/standard?mboxHost=www.stubhub.com&mboxSession=1220930512781-633731&mboxPC=1220930512781-633731.05&mboxPage=1220930574781-909004&mboxCount=3&mbox=TicketDetailsActionButton&mboxId=0&mboxURL=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/boxing-tickets/de-la-hoya-vs-pacquiao-12-6-2008-706052/%3Fticket_id%3D149725022&mboxReferrer=http%3A//www.stubhub.com/boxing-tickets/de-la-hoya-vs-pacquiao-12-6-2008-706052/&mboxVersion=32"></SCRIPT>
<INPUT type=hidden value=www name=cobrand><INPUT type=hidden value=149725022 name=ticket_id><INPUT type=hidden value=selectQuantity name=buyStep></FORM>

Seller comments: Tickets all together
Delivery/Pickup: FedEx 2 Day - Intra Canada
Other delivery options may also be available.
<INPUT type=hidden value=10949 name=genreParentId>

<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>document.write('View Seat Map >');</SCRIPT> View Seat Map >

Pretty hot ticket.

Best Wishes...oF 12io4j2w90

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

It took place. Pacman cleaned his clock, just like I said. Old and slow No longer Golden Boy could not even hang. He should just stay retired forever. Stick to producing and the easy life, his career is well done.

What were you saying Valdosta? ::LMAO::

It took place. Pacman cleaned his clock, just like I said. Old and slow No longer Golden Boy could not even hang. He should just stay retired forever. Stick to producing and the easy life, his career is well done.

What were you saying Valdosta? ::LMAO::

Many are mute tonight. Im not, braggin my ace off... Man I hope this Manny/Floyd fight happens..

Heim

EOG Master

Great call Frog....

Got in late at +180 but a win is a win...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Used to be Golden Boy may be bigger, but he is slower, older and just about done. When Pacman rips his chin with that right, we will see why Oscar made a mistake not listening to his handlers.

Pacman will find Oscar an inviting slow target.

Best wishes...oF :+excited-

The slow and inviting target should have listened to his handlers. I don't think he won a round. What a joke of a favorite.

That is about as bad of ass whippin can't answer the bell fight as you are ever going to see. Golden Boy, fooled a lot of people here.

WVU

EOG Master

Good call Frog. I wish I had seen this thread

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I was close to alone with my Pacman support. Very rarely does a betting opportunity come along where the false favorite is just toast ready to be popped out of the toaster. Old and done. Did not win a round. Looked like a bad sparring partner. Pretty much knew the result after the first round here.

Best Wishes...OF :houra