xpanda's week 4 picks

X

xpanda

After another undefeated week, the pressure is on .... yikes! Here's hoping I don't let anyone down. With three road dogs on my ticket this week, there's a reasonable chance that might happen.

Week 1: 2-3
Week 2: 5-0
Week 3: 3-0

Total: 10-3

Houston at Cincy -9.5

I stared at this game for hours trying to figure out what the average bettor would be thinking. Houston has looked horrifying so far and Cincy has been the surprise team of the season (to date). But would bettors think that maybe Cincy isn't as good as their record and that, hey, Houston is coming off a bye and blah blah? Or would they think Houston stinks and Cincy is unstoppable? So I wandered around some other forums, asked a few friends what they thought, checked over what some touts were on and sure enough, it's near-unanimous for Cincy.

There's also the belief in me that Houston isn't as bad as they've seemed. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I used to write as the Texans' correspondent over at ESPN, watched their games religiously and dutifully. They really aren't as bad as they've played and I expect a rebound this week. Or at least the ability to make something happen in the red zone.

Pick: Houston +9.5

Green Bay @ Carolina -8

Monday night football and Favre getting 8 points? Do people really think that GB is THAT bad?? Judging by the watercooler talk, that's a 'yes'.

Pick: Green Bay +8 (Cris)

San Diego @ New England -5.5

Another tossup kind of game, IMO. These teams remind me of each other, grind 'em out types. Their PF/PA ratios are close, their average clock control is close, and, since I can get in at Bodog +6, I'll take the two field goals and hope my assessment of how this game will be played is right. This one strikes me as a three-pointer.

Pick: San Diego +6 (Bodog)

Before I go I have one question, whose idea was it to have San Fran @ Arizona for the Sunday Prime Time game???? If you happen to know this person, flip 'em the bird for me, please.

Good luck to all!

Edited to add: Atlanta -5.5 and Arizona -2.5 both smaller (single unit, no ML) plays.

Last edited:
First off,

You guys should PAY ATTENTION because XPANDA is EN FUEGO!!!

Secondly, 3 ROAD PUPPIES takes some BALLS!!!:+sports2-

Last but not least, :+signs8-a

THE SHRINK

Where the hell is the line on EOG Team Underdog at Pinny?

Where the hell is the line on EOG Team Underdog at Pinny?

You Go girl !!! :cheeleade

Eog Team Underdog leaves Shrink and Fezzaroo in the dust this week BABY !!:+waving-5

X

xpanda

Fading me isn't unlike betting my picks you know. You're still allowing yourself to be influenced by what I think.

I guess that what I think must be important to you somehow.

She is 10-3 Worst I will do is 2-1. I would fade anyone who is 10-3 and just happen to see here thread here so what the heck and through a nickle the other way on each.

Tamer

EOG Enthusiast
"I stared at this game for hours trying to figure out what the average bettor would be thinking. Houston has looked horrifying so far and Cincy has been the surprise team of the season (to date). But would bettors think that maybe Cincy isn't as good as their record and that, hey, Houston is coming off a bye and blah blah? Or would they think Houston stinks and Cincy is unstoppable? After all, they did beat Pittsburgh who beat the defending SB champs. So I wandered around some other forums, asked a few friends what they thought, checked over what some touts were on and sure enough, it's near-unanimous for Cincy."

Not sure I understand why this level of thinking led you to the houston pick?

X

xpanda

Tamer: I often (but not always) try to figure out where the public is playing, then do the opposite.

VT: As a rule, when playing the dog, I put 2 units on the spread and 1 unit on the ML. On Houston, I'm considering 2 units on the ML this week, depending on how far up the number goes.

Stephen

EOG Addicted
Excellent handicapping Xpanda!

Keep picking winners and don't let moronic and prejudice remarks like, "I would never bet a women's pick" get you down.

Stevie you would not be congratulating here if it was a guy

Common guy, all you young bucks are all the same and think you have a shot with her by giving here compliments.

I bet Panda does not even know what a football even is.

She is a woman

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
jjgold said:
Stevie you would not be congratulating here if it was a guy

Common guy, all you young bucks are all the same and think you have a shot with her by giving here compliments.

I bet Panda does not even know what a football even is.

She is a woman
this post defines JJgold...freakin hilarious

Xpanda,

I like your thinking behind your picks.

That being said, I think what JJ's sexist posts are trying to say is there is no way you will stay at a 10-3 pace all year. Regression to the mean. I do hope you win, though, as I like your side.

JJ, go stand in the corner now. :D

Vaulted Treehouse

EOG Member
I actually had a student say this to me yesterday....

He said, "Do you know why more women don't ski?"

I said "No"

He said "Because there is no snow between the bedroom and the kitchen."

And this is a 13 year old. Obviously sexism starts young....Maybe JJ should be a teacher.

I will agree with you on one count. That Pam lady that announces the early game on ESPN2 has no business near a microphone. Thankfully, the mute button works.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
XPanda, I like your handicapping style

ITs very anti Square.

Its contrarian and that is good for me.

JJ these are not public picks these are some anti popular picks, that is a solid method.

Does it really matter if it is a man's picks or a woman's??? Come on now her record is 10-3!!! JJ, I didn't realize you are such a MALE CHAUVINIST PIG!!!:smackdown :hung

Scarlett

X

xpanda

Thanks for all the accollades, gentlemen, but I think it's safe to say that the law of averages will catch up to me at some point. And, JJ, your 'barefoot and pregnant' attempts to rile me up are seriously lame. You need knew material, my friend.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
X, congrats on your 10-3 :+cartoon-

Women's thinking process is different than men not worse just different. "That's a good thing"

You are 2-0

I am going to triple up tomorrow night On Carolina

Ok I will tell you what, if Packers win and you go 3-0 I will fly up to the Lousy Country of canada and bang you for free.

Now if i WIN you have to say how sharp I am in a new thread.

X

xpanda

jjgold said:
You are 2-0

Actually, now I'm 12-3. Don't forget that I'd added Atlanta and Arizona, too .. Atlanta still covering last I saw.

Now if i WIN you have to say how sharp I am in a new thread.

For getting ONE game right??? If getting one game right makes you a sharp, then you must be thinking I'm the Monarch of Cappers.

:D

Bloody women, eh??

Sober Leprechaun

EOG Enthusiast
great job pandabear, if you keep this up i'll name the wing next to the james patrick wing, the xpanda wing in my mansion.
oh wait, it's a mobile home. well, how about a shelf in your honor?

congrats, you two think alike and have a handicapping style that is very good. long run the averages will even out, but toot your own horn while you are "en fuego".

jj, i thought the women you dated banged you, not the other way around?:D

dirty

EOG Master
Great Job X!!!

Keep this streak going as long as you can....Ones like this are hard to come by eXpecially in the NFL.....Not For Long League :+thumbs-2