WNBA Winners

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: WNBA Winners

I started the season by losing with a bet on Minnesota and ended the season by losing with a bet against Minnesota.

Maddening.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Somebody tell the Nightmare to cut it out and accept that they suck and got swept. Taking 56 years to play the last 56 sec. when they don't have a prayer to tie this game.

munson15

I want winners...

I started the season by losing with a bet on Minnesota and ended the season by losing with a bet against Minnesota.

Maddening.
That line reminds me of the finishing stanza of the 1976 Steelers highlight film, narrated by John Facenda. Upon showing the scene at Oakland Coliseum in the wake of the Raiders' defeat of Pittsburgh in the AFC title game (they lost there on opening day as well), the narrative ends with Facenda saying, "the Steelers season ended just as it had begun----with defeat in Oakland."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm not as eloquent as Facenda, but I'll try again:

My WNBA season ended just as it had begun----with a fucking losing wager in a game involving the Minnesota Lynx.

Thread record: 26-18-1.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

GL tonight John.

Find myself on the opposite side of another one of your plays which long term i realize isn't a solid proposition.

I lucked out game 2 by waiting and getting 5.5 on the Lynx.

I think its quite possible that the Dream are being overvalued, in this matchup, against a team that is comfortable running on the offensive side but is able to enforce the defense needed to activate that inevitable WNBA scoring "drought" that seems to hit 1 or both sides for 1 quarter of every game.

I grabbed the 4.5 and will increase it should it continue to rise.

Good call, cho.

Great season for you.