Steve Nash, new head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Always liked him as a player but has no experience as a head coach....lots of posters here know more about the NBA than I do....Is this a good hire? Have to believe that Durant has signed on via his approval....and what about the assistant coach? His name was out there among the most qualified to be head man....

choslamshe

EOG Master
Love the hire purely from a potential stand point. Automatically think about the job Kerr did when he got his shot. You're right, lots of suggestion that Durant certainly had veto power and we know Nash has worked a ton with him.

Also watched Stephen A blast that this was a white privilege hire and nothing more

I don't quite get it to be honest. He could be the offensive coach for a team, but to go straight into head coach makes little sense to me. Then again I didn't get the Jason Kidd coaching jobs either, but he hasn't been the best or worst coach over time so maybe this works out. This has to be a pure players coach call, the Nets players don't want a hard ass coach and make all the calls it appears.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Love the hire purely from a potential stand point. Automatically think about the job Kerr did when he got his shot. You're right, lots of suggestion that Durant certainly had veto power and we know Nash has worked a ton with him.

Also watched Stephen A blast that this was a white privilege hire and nothing more
What baffled me even more about Steven A was not the fact that I expected to hear the racial displeasure of the hiring, but that half of the black coaches he mentioned felt deserving actually had already gotten their shot. Sure they were available and had previous experience, but Sean Marks is entitled to select whom he feels has a chance to take the Nets to a higher level. Granted he gave Nash praise and props that he was a great player and demonstrated his respect for the guy, but playing the card he did was unnecessary and at times even embarrassing to Max Kellerman and the obnoxious loudmouth show moderator.

choslamshe

EOG Master
What baffled me even more about Steven A was not the fact that I expected to hear the racial displeasure of the hiring, but that half of the black coaches he mentioned felt deserving actually had already gotten their shot. Sure they were available and had previous experience, but Sean Marks is entitled to select whom he feels has a chance to take the Nets to a higher level. Granted he gave Nash praise and props that he was a great player and demonstrated his respect for the guy, but playing the card he did was unnecessary and at times even embarrassing to Max Kellerman and the obnoxious loudmouth show moderator.

I'm sure Max knew this rant was coming but you could sense the awkward "how the fuck am I supposed to respond to this..." in his demeanor and facial expression haha

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
You'd think a guy who made it on his brains like Nash would be a tremendous Head Coach. I like it, rather than the usual retreads. Evidently Nash hangs out alot in and loves NYC in his off time. If John Stockton ever wanted to be an NBA Coach, figure he'd be great at it also for much the same reasons.

Heim

EOG Master
Bird had no coaching experience and took Pacers to the finals 3rd year. Playoffs first two.

Who beats them in the East?

Heim

EOG Master
Nash is close friends with GM Sean Marks. He's been bugging Nash about coaching for years. Nash was smart, he waited until the G Leaguers washed out

Bird had no coaching experience and took Pacers to the finals 3rd year. Playoffs first two.

Who beats them in the East?

Problem is they have plenty of offense, but not enough defense. Nash is going to have to hire some defensive guru to make this work or convince a third star to come play with them and just try to beat everyone to 120 each game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Nash is close friends with GM Sean Marks. He's been bugging Nash about coaching for years. Nash was smart, he waited until the G Leaguers washed out

Exactly.

Nash and Marks were teammates for a couple of seasons in Phoenix.

jimmythegreek

Hey Steve. Inquiring minds want to know. Are we to be suddenly suspicious of why it's taking Kevin Durant so long to return? We're all just a bit curious.

Sincerely,
The Barclays Center and all of Brooklyn.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Hey Steve. Inquiring minds want to know. Are we to be suddenly suspicious of why it's taking Kevin Durant so long to return? We're all just a bit curious.

Sincerely,
The Barclays Center and all of Brooklyn.

And How Come Kyrie isn't Making The Upcoming 4 Game Road Trip ?

Family Reasons Reported.

What The Fuck is Wrong With That Guy ?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jacque Vaughn will serve as interim head coach tonight in Brooklyn's home game against the Bulls.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Nash was in way over his head, a first time head coach having to deal with all the craziness with that team was destined to fail, KD doesn't want to be there, and for all his talent, Kyire just isn't worth it, between him always being hurt, plus all the drama he brings to the locker room, he's become a huge distraction to them, what a shit show

kane

EOG master
Shams is reporting the Nets want to hire Ime Udoka, apparently they asked the Celtics for permission to speak with him and Boston agreed

kane

EOG master
Both good news and bad news for Udoka.
Considering how many people thought Udoka wouldn't get another head coaching job again, I'd say the news for him is pretty good, and he was an assistant coach for them before leaving for Boston, so there's familiarity there, I don't know what kind of PR hit they might take, but as far as coaching goes, he proved last year he's the real deal.

Heim

EOG Master
I've seen some instructional stuff on Instagram with Nash. Maybe at a camp.

He can coach, but not in the NBA. He's a wiz with footwork, beat a man, create space et al.

He was a master of the above. Assistant coach, lower level CBB, no problem his name alone garners respect.

Irving and Durant and most black 'stars' don't respect his game, consequently shut him out.

Ex NBA MVP not good cred for today's players, especially if you're white.

Last edited:

choslamshe

EOG Master
It's become a pure joy to watch the Nets continue to implode day by day.

Kyrie needs to disappear. Follow the same path as Stephon Marbury and go find himself in another country. Disappear and be forgotten...

boston massacre

EOG Master
The bad news: Looks like Udoka will never coach the Celtics again.

The old suspension that leads to dismissal.

The old suspension that leads to dismissal.

Not Necessarily.

Still Under Contract With The Celtics.

If He Got Shit Canned, I Believe The Celtics Would Owe Him Some Money.

If Not Money, Then I Think They Would Have To Work Out Compensation With The Nets, Because He's Still Under Contract.

But In This Particular Case, I Think The Celtics Are Saying, We Can Get Rid Of This Headache For Nothing.

The Nets Owe Us ZERO, And We Owe Udoka ZERO.

The Head Football Coach At Auburn Just Got Dismissed, While Still Under Contract.

When He Walks Out The Door For The Final Time, Auburn Will Have To Put $ 15 Million Into His Hand.

jimmythegreek

Pay no attention to what he says in the media wishing his former team well.

Said in my best Wizard of Oz voice.

Heim

EOG Master
I don't know what's wrong with this team. They have talent. Seems like every game they get down early and scramble to get back in it late.