Record ticket prices for Michigan vs Iowa Thursday night

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Clark's record might be short lived. Ju Ju Watkins of USC is averaging 26.2 as a freshman. And one thing she has over Caitlin is turn of foot. She quick.

And Ju Ju now knows the bar at an early age.

Doubt Clark had envisioned her scoring legacy as a freshman.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Clark's record might be short lived. Ju Ju Watkins of USC is averaging 26.2 as a freshman. And one thing she has over Caitlin is turn of foot. She quick.

Maybe. Not sure JuJu stays all 4 years, though. If she does Ca=lark is in trouble but if JuJu only stays 3 years - gonna be hard to beat.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
CLARK more than just scoring.......................think about this, CLARK averages a mere half point a game more than PLUM in career and 10,000x more well known.

----------------------------------

Woodard averaged about 3 assists a game.

-----------------------------------

THREE things set CLARK apart from both and it's not PTS PER GAME.........................

1. CLARK LONG RANGE SHOOTING
2. ASSISTS coupled with scoring
3. Her personality traits/bringing women's basketball to new heights

HER EASE OF SHOOTING BOMBS #1 reason led to popularity.............followed by assists/PTS/personality/trendsetting.

See above

Doesn't matter if/when her scoring record is broken

Heim

EOG Master
I was shocked that Plum was NCAAWB leading scorer. She's not a scorer, more of a penetrator. Her left handed shot is complete shit from 3 point land. She's the 3rd or 4th option on the Aces if they need a hoop.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Everything in the U.S. gets marketed for money these days. Because of this, I am shocked that nobody has come up with the idea (and money) to match a really good boys high school team against a WNBA all-star team and settle that issue once and for all.

The interest a game like this could generate would be off the charts. Bill Jean King against a washed up tennis pro back in 1973 was huge, and created a buzz all over the country. This would be bigger.
I'd like to see that.

As for CC as much as I enjoy watching her I don't think her game would do well against an athletic 6 foot or bigger HS player.

He'd greatly reduce her offensively and she has no chance on the defensive end.

Other players in the WNBA could and would match up better with HS males IMO which would make the match-up pretty interesting.

For CC I'm not even sure her game is all that suited to make her a star in the WNBA either. They are for sure going to test her. Could be wrong though......

In 1979 I watched a white dude from Indy State get pretty much curb stomped in the NCAA Title game and remember thinking his game isn't going to transfer well in the NBA.....

Of course that ended up being #33, Larry Legend.

Actually with CC her shooting and court awareness kind of reminds me of the Bird man. That can't be a bad sign.

I think sometimes we give too much credit to athleticism or the lack thereof.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Speaking of freshmen, I actually like Hidalgo's overall game better than Ju Ju. Plays point for ND, between her and Citron really like the 1 and 2 for the Irish.

She's up there in points too but leads the world in steals and add over 6 boards a game!? Not bad from your point and she has a real DOG type of game I like.

If I was a betting man I'd bet they go further than Iowa in the tourney although plenty of variables to be considered by draw and so on.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Las Vegas Aces Announce Season Tickets Are Sold Out in Apparent WNBA First

Iowa phenom Caitlin Clark announced she will forgo her final season of NCAA eligibility and head to the WNBA at the end of this season.

The Indiana Fever, who hold the No. 1 draft pick, are already getting increased ticket demand, and other WNBA teams are cashing in, too.

Before fees, the get-in rate for a Chicago Sky game is $25 or less, but when the Fever come to town, the cheapest seat is $320.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
These girls should be bowing down to Clark. For a week or so she's brought woman's basketball to the forefront. Yesterday it was the lead story everywhere trumping NBA coverage. Everybody gains a little.

She'll infuse some excitement into a money losing league when she enters.

Stupid self centered bitches.

Let me know when Clark passes Grace Beyer…

Heim

EOG Master
Let me know when Clark passes Grace Beyer…

Beyer’s at the University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis, Missouri. Crazy they would even mention her from a NAIA school.

The anti Clark movement is determined to find a new scoring champ every week.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
Beyer’s at the University of Health Sciences & Pharmacy in St. Louis, Missouri. Crazy they would even mention her from a NAIA school.

The anti Clark movement is determined to find a new scoring champ every week.
Clark has completely changed the landscape of women's basketball, nobody close to her before, and probably never again.

As stated before, scoring only one of her great attributes .

Heim

EOG Master
Clark has completely changed the landscape of women's basketball, nobody close to her before, and probably never again.

As stated before, scoring only one of her great attributes .

Yep. The Ohio State game on NBC was the highest rated college basketball game, men or women since Thanksgiving Day over 10 years ago involving Arizona Wildcats. Let that sink in.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Yep. The Ohio State game on NBC was the highest rated college basketball game, men or women since Thanksgiving Day over 10 years ago involving Arizona Wildcats. Let that sink in.
was that the game on an aircraft carrier

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
lets not go too crazy. was the second most-watched sporting event of the weekend behind the NASCAR Cup Series at Las Vegas (4.36 million). if nascar is beating you in rating you still have lots of work to do. but some progress for sure

Heim

EOG Master
lets not go too crazy. was the second most-watched sporting event of the weekend behind the NASCAR Cup Series at Las Vegas (4.36 million). if nascar is beating you in rating you still have lots of work to do. but some progress for sure

Ok... I'll try try try to do better)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
It's a sad state that this is the first season in wnba history that a team sold out their season tickets

David stern was an angel for strong arming nba owners to pay for this league to survive

Besides it's probably a great tax write off for them

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
what 3pt % made did you use?

also run the numbers if Clark shot same attempts a game as Pete
IRRELEVANT

Clark is way beyond scoring...........as posted earlier.

-----------------------

She has transcended the game of women's basketball, and beyond............................the maravich shit is media driven, apples and grapes comparison.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master
CLARK more than just scoring.......................think about this, CLARK averages a mere half point a game more than PLUM in career and 10,000x more well known and transcending.

----------------------------------

Woodard averaged about 3 assists a game.

-----------------------------------

THREE things set CLARK apart from both and it's not PTS PER GAME.........................

1. CLARK LONG RANGE SHOOTING
2. ASSISTS coupled with scoring
3. Her personality traits

HER EASE OF SHOOTING BOMBS #1 reason led to popularity.............followed by assists/PTS/personality.
bump

ComptrBob

EOG Master
IRRELEVANT

Clark is way beyond scoring...........as posted earlier.

-----------------------

She has transcended the game of women's basketball, and beyond............................the maravich shit is media driven, apples and grapes comparison.

Yeah, 0-12 from 3 pt land to start the game today. Pretty transcendent.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One quality I like about Caitlin Clark: Her ability to celebrate modestly.

Not too much.

Not too little.

Just right.

FISHHEAD

EOG Master

Ohio State and Indiana out at the B10 tourney​

Iowa vs. Michigan start time​

• Date: Saturday, March 9
  • Time: 4:30 p.m. ET | 3:30 p.m. CT
Iowa's semifinal against Michigan will tip off around 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 9. The game will be played at the Target Center in Minneapolis.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
As much as I like CC betting Iowa to win the big tourney is pissing money away.

Semi-related note, love Notre Dame to beat the conference top ranked kittyless VT today for sure.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
They are an underdog to even reach the FINAL FOUR

+115 @ CIRCA

As they should be.

They have a lot of Bill Laimbeer verticals with their bigs, not many Adrian Dantley types.

I can see them just getting curb stomped in the paint and on the boards somewhere along the way......

I don't think she has enough help, especially inside.

I'm kind of rooting for her though, I have no horse in the race.