Record ticket prices for Michigan vs Iowa Thursday night

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
South Carolina with a monstrous edge in bench points, 37-0.

The Gamecock depth wore down the thin Hawkeyes.

Good game and a good pace for women's college basketball.

Two complaints about Caitlin Clark's game: 1) Please defend and 2) Don't launch wide-open 30-footers when wide-open 25-footers are available.
South Carolina did a great job of defending clark.

What clark missed in her game today was attacking the paint and using her step back for a midrange jumper.

She almost feels magnetized to the 3-point line and uses the step back from 25-feet.

She is going to bring more money into the wnba.

In 2-3 years the wnba might make a profit
Lol

Heim

EOG Master
Nice tribute post game by USC coach.

Kaitlin is one of the 🐐

P.S. Exceptionally officiated game.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Iowa scored 27 points in the first quarter and only 29 points in the second half.

However, I don't care for Dawn Staley as an in-game coach.

She sat on her hands in the first quarter (slow start in the semifinal round, too) and allowed an undermanned opponent to gain a significant edge on her team.

I'm with HEIM on crediting Staley's postgame praise of Caitlin Clark.

And I also like Staley's defensive-minded coaching philosophy.

Last edited:

Heim

EOG Master
Some of these WNBA players, specifically Taurasi don't get it. Of course it's going to be a little harder for Caitlin next level but she won't be face guarded, doubled every touch etc, otherwise you leave other as good or better players open. Actually her style suits pro ball better.

kane

EOG master
Taurasi said she would take Bueckers over Clark and it wasn't even close, if you like Bueckers fine, but not even close? C'mon man. where did Taurasi go to school?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Taurasi said she would take Bueckers over Clark and it wasn't even close, if you like Bueckers fine, but not even close? C'mon man. where did Taurasi go to school?

I agree with her on Paige >>> Caitlin. I don't think it is a "no-brainer" though.

BUT - if both were in the draft this year - you absolutely take Clark because of what she will do for ticket sales and exposure. She is turning an irrelevant WNBA team into The Beatles. Paige can't do that.

In a game of 1-on-1...........Paige wins

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I agree with her on Paige >>> Caitlin. I don't think it is a "no-brainer" though.

BUT - if both were in the draft this year - you absolutely take Clark because of what she will do for ticket sales and exposure. She is turning an irrelevant WNBA team into The Beatles. Paige can't do that.

In a game of 1-on-1...........Paige wins

Respectfully disagree, WINK.

Caitlin dusts Paige in a game of one-on-one.

Don't like Paige's body.

Not strong enough and too light in the cakes.

She's already missed significant time at UConn with an ACL tear and ankle surgery.

No thanks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Some of these WNBA players, specifically Taurasi don't get it. Of course it's going to be a little harder for Caitlin next level but she won't be face guarded, doubled every touch etc, otherwise you leave other as good or better players open. Actually her style suits pro ball better.

Bingo.

Caitlin will improve with better players around her.

Think Rick Barry and Steph Curry.

When Barry and Curry were competing at the college level, they were always double-teamed and triple-teamed, Barry at Miami-Florida and Curry at Davidson.

Show up at the professional level and there's hedging on the defensive end, but no selling out.

I once had a conversation with Rick Barry and he told me as much.

For Barry, the pro game was much easier than the college game.

One other note: Caitlin is not only an excellent shooter with incredible range, but she's also an elite passer.

Analyst Rebecca Lobo was smart to focus on Caitlin's ability to throw the "get-ahead" pass.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rebecca Lobo's broadcast partner, Ryan Ruocco, made a glaring error at the end of yesterday's ABC broadcast.

Ruocco mentioned South Carolina's undefeated season and then said head coach Dawn Staley deserved credit for replacing five starters from last season's team.

That's true, but then Ruocco went one step further by saying, "No one expected this great season from South Carolina."

Ruocco obviously never checked the future odds for this year's WNCAA tournament.

I saw South Carolina priced at -200 to win the title at the start of the tourney.

Tsk tsk.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Respectfully disagree, WINK.

Caitlin dusts Paige in a game of one-on-one.

Don't like Paige's body.

Not strong enough and too light in the cakes.

She's already missed significant time at UConn with an ACL tear and ankle surgery.

No thanks.

..............It looks like the "ward" for the DUMBEST MOVE of the 2024 WNBA season is going to: LA Sparks!

Because Staples Center (I know it is not called that any more - but it will always be that to me) is being worked on, the Sparks have to play their first 5 games away from it. Capacity at the Long Beach State Pyramid is about 4500. That is plenty for all of their games.

EXCEPT ONE!

Friday, May 24 is SOLD OUT! Wanna guess who they are playing?

The Sparks HAD to know this was going to happen ahead of time...........and move the game to a place like Pauley Pavilion OR The Galen Center - both places hold over 10,000.

The team will be relevant for ONE home game this season................and THEY BLEW IT!

Turning away about 8000 people from attending the only game they care about attending shows how stupid ownership is.

BTW - we can officially eliminate the Fever from any chance of winning the title this season.............for reasons only they know - they gave a MULTI YEAR DEAL to: Katie Lou Samuelsson! She missed almost all of last season because she was pregnant. She had the baby - and for the record - the baby is tougher than she is. I would say more but she blocked me on Twitter because I kept calling her soft and worthless (Hard to argue what she did). Her sister Karlie is much better than Katie.

Heim

EOG Master
Rebecca Lobo's broadcast partner, Ryan Ruocco, made a glaring error at the end of yesterday's ABC broadcast.

Ruocco mentioned South Carolina's undefeated season and then said head coach Dawn Staley deserved credit for replacing five starters from last season's team.

That's true, but then Ruocco went one step further by saying, "No one expected this great season from South Carolina."

Ruocco obviously never checked the future odds for this year's WNCAA tournament.

I saw South Carolina priced at -200 to win the title at the start of the tourney.

Tsk tsk.

She utilizes the bounce pass better than anyone I've seen, men included.

Heim

EOG Master
There was so much demand to see this game the Cubs put it on their big screens during rain delay.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
She utilizes the bounce pass better than anyone I've seen, men included.

Interesting.

I recognize it now that you mentioned it.

And credit Caitlin's teammates for playing their roles.

They complemented Caitlin beautifully.

Unfortunately, Iowa featured an undersized post player AND an undersized point guard.

Additionally, no depth off the bench.

Something tells me the relationship between Caitlin Clark and her head coach (Lisa Bluder) became a little frosty by season's end.

When Caitlin left yesterday's title game in the final seconds, Coach Bluder expected a long hug and did not get it.

Clark saved her long emotional embrace for an assistant coach deep on the Iowa bench.

Not sure who it was, but I predict that assistant coach will be the Iowa women's head basketball coach in the not-so-distant future.

After all, Bluder is 62 years old and you know Caitlin will have a big say on the naming of Bluder's replacement.

Heim

EOG Master
I didn't notice, but astute observation.

If you listen to Caitlin post game, she sounds like a coach, she knows the game. I'm sure there was a clash how things should be done

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Iowa's up-tempo offense helped create much of the attention for Caitlin Clark.

What two main factors helped Iowa lead the country this season with more than 90 points per game?

An efficient offense AND a leaky defense.

Caitlin did not exert much effort on the defensive end of the floor, thus saving her energy for offense.

The buzz surrounding Caitlin really accelerated late in the season when she was chasing all those scoring records.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you're a quarterback in football looking to put up big numbers, it helps your cause if your team is defensively-deficient.